ADVERTISEMENT

Conversation with a Clemson fan

Cocky_11

Jan 31, 2014
Clemson fan : How are we underdogs to Ohio State ?

Me: your not , you are 2 point favorites

Clemson fan: we will beat them by a lot.

Me: I agree bc BIG10 sucks

Clemson fan: I see there are no SEC teams in the playoff.

Me: I see you forgot who the #1 team is in the country?

Clemson fan: who? LSU? Are they in the SEC?

I just left it there and did not respond.

If he's that dumb I don't think there is anything you could add to the conversation.

So they are a Clemson fan, just not really a football fan? On behalf of real Clemson fans I hereby revoke said persons claim to be a Clemson fan. One of our biggest wins in the past ten years was our last second victory over LSU in the Peach Bowl. That victory sustained the program until we made it to the CFP.

So they are a Clemson fan, just not really a football fan? On behalf of real Clemson fans I hereby revoke said persons claim to be a Clemson fan. One of our biggest wins in the past ten years was our last second victory over LSU in the Peach Bowl. That victory sustained the program until we made it to the CFP.

Well, my friend it isn't going to sustain you this year but your team is going down like cheap lard if they make it to the LSU game.

Reminds me of an Alabama fan I talked to in line at What-a-burger in Glendale after the 2015 championship game. I said, "good game and hopefully we will get you next year. You are losing a lot and we have Watson coming back next year." He replied, "Well we have Coker coming back next year too." I insisted to him that Coker was a senior with no eligibility left and he insisted to me he was a junior and coming back next year. Finally, another Bama fan turned around and corrected him. And this fan was willing and able to fly to Glendale and go to the championship game! And no he was not drunk and not to judge a book by its cover, but he didn't scream "I'm made of money". Guy may have mortgaged his kids Christmas to go to the game and didnt even know his QB was a senior. Made me so dumbfounded and frustrated.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Well, my friend it isn't going to sustain you this year but your team is going down like cheap lard if they make it to the LSU game.
Maybe, maybe not. But if we do lose we can always just do like Bama and blame it on the OC not being focused because he took a HC job ;)

This type of a Moo U fan likely couldn't find Clempsun after dark with GPS, a flashlight, and both hands... They have a LOT of these type. There are over 100,000 more USC living alumni than Clempsun.

That’s a lot of sad alumni. Sigh.

Maybe, maybe not. But if we do lose we can always just do like Bama and blame it on the OC not being focused because he took a HC job ;)

And please make no mistake about it, I like you as a poster. No ill will intended towards you because you are a nice and very respectful poster.

Reactions: mavcock
There are a lot of fans for a lot of schools that did not attend the school.

Well I think the point the poster was making is there are 100,000 more actual living alums from USC than quempsum. You know people who actually attended the school. But, I certainly agree with you that there are a large number of fans of big programs like Tennessee that couldn't spell the University of Tennessee. And there is nothing in this God's world wrong with being a fan of a school you didn't attend - at least that I know of anyway.

Last edited:
And please make no mistake about it, I like you as a poster. No ill will intended towards you because you are a nice and very respectful poster.
Right back at ya. I appreciate y’all tolerating my presence. I enjoy coming over here and keeping up with what Gamecock fans are talking about. My Carolina friends would much rather talk about what’s going on with their program than mine (they get enough of that just from ESPN and the every day news).

I've met alot of Clemson fans who pull for Duke or North Carolina in Basketball. They actually wear the apparel. It's hilarious
WHAT? HUH! Pull for UNCheat and Puke? Alright. I don’t know who these so-called Clemson fans are y’all are associating with but they either 1) didn’t go to school there or 2) are from out of state. The only thing I pull for Puke and UNCheat to get is their wine and cheese a$$es to get beat (which we unfortunately in basketball have almost no chance of doing because we suck).

Reactions: ImmaTiger
Like it or not, LSU won't come within 2 TD's against Clemson, nor will OSU. I really hope I'm wrong but don't think I am.

Like it or not, LSU won't come within 2 TD's against Clemson, nor will OSU. I really hope I'm wrong but don't think I am.

I like us against LSU, but I think OSU has the greatest potential to beat us this year.

In fact, I'm genuinely on the fence about who wins the game.

Reactions: ShadowWeasel

I have conversations all the time with Clemson fans that make me wonder if they actually even watch their own games, let alone other schools.

There are a lot of fans for a lot of schools that did not attend the school.
This is the norm. Not to single out UGA, but I can tell you from living here, that of all the UGA fans that I personally know, only 1 attended UGA. They grew up in the state so they follow UGA. Nothing wrong with that.

Reactions: FJRTiger
Aren't you the same one who was calling a young lady disgusting names for dating a Clemson player?

Aren't you the same one who was calling a young lady disgusting names for dating a Clemson player?

Yes, I am that person. There is a difference between tolerating quempsum fans, and I do have a precious few, and dating a quempsum football player.

Yes, I am that person. There is a difference between tolerating quempsum fans, and I do have a precious few, and dating a quempsum football player.

Ok let's have a candid conversation. How old are you? I get Taters, Clem Tech, Pickens College, etc. Quite frankly they are pretty funny and I get a good kick out of them. But Quempsum? Its not funny, witty, catchy like the others. Which takes me back to my previous question, how old are you?

POINT - CU has more hanger on's, or bandwagon fans if you will. That explains it, I hope?
A lot of people from up north have adopted them as well. I can't imagine moving out of state and suddenly adopting a new team to pull for. I can somewhat understand it for pro teams, but I can't see myself doing it for a college team.

Go look at Ohio State's record against Southern Schools in postseason games.

I like the trend that both of us have thumped them in the skull, historically (I hate all things B1G).

Unfortunately, from a statistical standpoint, that trend can't last forever.

Funny. But it really sounds like fake news.

This is the norm. Not to single out UGA, but I can tell you from living here, that of all the UGA fans that I personally know, only 1 attended UGA. They grew up in the state so they follow UGA. Nothing wrong with that.

Beat me to it, however I must say that the most vocal tend to be those who did NOT go to UGA and that can get a bit annoying!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT