ADVERTISEMENT

Corey Miller HOF?

Gamecockben1979

Jun 5, 2017
Only at My Carolina. I seriously cannot think of a worse idea. Why don’t we just put Brad Scott in there as well.

Only at My Carolina. I seriously cannot think of a worse idea. Why don’t we just put Brad Scott in there as well.
Standout defensive end for the Gamecocks from Pageland, S.C., who went on to a successful NFL career… earned All-South Independent honors as a defensive end in both 1989 and 1990… totaled 187 tackles with 15.0 tackles for loss and 10.0 sacks........so the guy who did this is not worthy of the USC HOF?

Standout defensive end for the Gamecocks from Pageland, S.C., who went on to a successful NFL career… earned All-South Independent honors as a defensive end in both 1989 and 1990… totaled 187 tackles with 15.0 tackles for loss and 10.0 sacks........so the guy who did this is not worthy of the USC HOF?
We won 6 games both of those years. We’re putting guys in the Hall of Fame for All South independent honors? For a guy that at best rallied his team to 6 wins before joining the SEC? Not to mention the fact he absolutely trashed the university during the Spurrier years….and we’re putting him in the Hall of Fame?

We won 6 games both of those years. We’re putting guys in the Hall of Fame for All South independent honors? For a guy that at best rallied his team to 6 wins before joining the SEC? Not to mention the fact he absolutely trashed the university during the Spurrier years….and we’re putting him in the Hall of Fame?

If we only put players in our Hall of Fame that were on teams with a lot of wins, we'd have a very tiny few to consider.

If we only put players in our Hall of Fame that were on teams with a lot of wins, we'd have a very tiny few to consider.
Fair enough but I do think Hall of Fame worthy should be able to pull higher than 6 as an independent. We only beat one ranked team the entire time he was here.

And if I may say did throw a good tailgate 🤗…….use to park right behind us…….he seemed to hang out with a lot of really big guys😳…….should I also mention, if it’s not too sexist, that spot was a chick magnet.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
However, his attitude toward the university during the Spurrier years as mentioned, to me is a mark against him.
To me being HOF is more the whole person concept.
You get it. This is like putting John Rocker in the Mets hall of fame.

So guys who played in the All South should not be in the HOF? How many games should linebackers win to get in the HOF?

Reactions: cockofdawn
So guys who played in the All South should not be in the HOF? How many games should linebackers win to get in the HOF?
Do you even know what the All South is? It’s not a conference we played in.

His last season we beat Southern Illinois, Duke, UNC, Virginia Tech (they were bad then) East Carolina and West Virginia. We lost to The Citadel. The year before was practically the same. Does that sound like Hall of Fame material?

Do you even know what the All South is? It’s not a conference we played in.

His last season we beat Southern Illinois, Duke, UNC, Virginia Tech (they were bad then) East Carolina and West Virginia. We lost to The Citadel. The year before was practically the same. Does that sound like Hall of Fame material?
So guys who play on mediocre teams should not make the HOF.......just trying to understand the "who you beat argument"!

So guys who play on mediocre teams should not make the HOF.......just trying to understand the "who you beat argument"!
Guys who are “hall of fame” caliber typically don’t end up on mediocre teams….and you’re being very generous with the word mediocre when about 3-4 of those wins were pretty much guaranteed.

Guys who are “hall of fame” caliber typically don’t end up on mediocre teams….and you’re being very generous with the word mediocre when about 3-4 of those wins were pretty much guaranteed.

Hall of Fame level players can certainly end up on mediocre teams in football. There are just too many players for one guy to make a difference. Especially when that guy is on defense. Barry Sanders comes to mind off hand. Overall winning percentage as a player in Detroit was under .500 (with only 5 out of 10 winning seasons). Can't blame Barry, but the Lions while he was there were the definition of mediocre.

Hall of Fame level players can certainly end up on mediocre teams in football. There are just too many players for one guy to make a difference. Especially when that guy is on defense. Barry Sanders comes to mind off hand. Overall winning percentage as a player in Detroit was under .500 (with only 5 out of 10 winning seasons). Can't blame Barry, but the Lions while he was there were the definition of mediocre.
Fair enough point but I think anyone could recognize Barry Sanders was a Hall of Fame talent. I don’t think many Gamecock fans were ever unanimous about “Corey Miller that guy was phenomenal. He ought to be in the Hall of Fame. “. I could be wrong though but I could rattle off at least 15 guys that wore a Gamecock uniform not in the Hall more deserving. Can’t say I’ve seen 15 guys better than Barry.

Fair enough point but I think anyone could recognize Barry Sanders was a Hall of Fame talent. I don’t think many Gamecock fans were ever unanimous about “Corey Miller that guy was phenomenal. He ought to be in the Hall of Fame. “. I could be wrong though but I could rattle off at least 15 guys that wore a Gamecock uniform not in the Hall more deserving. Can’t say I’ve seen 15 guys better than Barry.

I can see that. Miller was before my time as a Gamecock fan, but whenever I’ve been around fans talking about Gamecock legends from the past I’ve never heard his name come up.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
We put Todd Ellis' name on the stadium and he set the national record for INT's, then ripped off alumns on a pyramid scandal.

Yea, the bar is pretty low as it is. Corey Miller should definitely be in. Best player for a couple of years, solid NFL career - never ripped off alums.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT