ADVERTISEMENT

“Corona Hasn’t Forced Business Owners To Lay Off Workers”.

GamecockJL

Gold Member
Aug 30, 2015
Per this USA Today & CNN contributor. Imagine being this out of touch with reality.

Well I know for a fact .. I got laid off of my job along with about 25 others and the next day I saw the owner of the company I worked for cruising around in his 4 million dollar yacht partying it up with about 9 other people on board . Probably cost about $2000 or more to fill that boat up. That’s the kind of s$&t that does piss you off .

Well I know for a fact .. I got laid off of my job along with about 25 others and the next day I saw the owner of the company I worked for cruising around in his 4 million dollar yacht partying it up with about 9 other people on board . Probably cost about $2000 or more to fill that boat up. That’s the kind of s$&t that does piss you off .

My wife was added to the Unemployment Lay-Off List as well. We feel your pain too.

Last edited:
Per this USA Today & CNN contributor. Imagine being this out of touch with reality.

When you don't have money coming in and the government is forcing you to stay home, you do have to lay off people...

But with that said, if I was a small business owner, I would try to use every tool I have to prevent my business..

Like for example, restaurant owner, would advertise that's we're open for business and will deliver to you. And instead of laying off people, try to use the waiters and waitresses as delivery people if they have cars, help take orders over the phone and online, scrub and clean the restaurant in hopes to open the restaurant back up.

I would take measures to keep the business open..

As far as Big businesses and CEO's; I do know some have taken pay cuts and or not take pay to help out, but it depends on the business you're in..

We need Nancy to keep blocking bills that will help America and look more like Venezuela to appreciate what we once had...

Shes a known left wing activist and a Never Trumper. Being on Fox doesnt make you a conservative.

Yep. Libs don't understand that Fox news does actually tell both points of view. They never hear both on their commie networks. Only libs speaks talking what they think is right and telling you how everybody else is always wrong.

Reactions: The Defender
When you don't have money coming in and the government is forcing you to stay home, you do have to lay off people...

But with that said, if I was a small business owner, I would try to use every tool I have to prevent my business..

Like for example, restaurant owner, would advertise that's we're open for business and will deliver to you. And instead of laying off people, try to use the waiters and waitresses as delivery people if they have cars, help take orders over the phone and online, scrub and clean the restaurant in hopes to open the restaurant back up.

I would take measures to keep the business open..

As far as Big businesses and CEO's; I do know some have taken pay cuts and or not take pay to help out, but it depends on the business you're in..

We need Nancy to keep blocking bills that will help America and look more like Venezuela to appreciate what we once had...
those servers get paid on tips, that’s the only way a restaurant can afford to keep that many people staffed. the actual hourly wage for those servers on you’re books are paid somewhere in the three dollar/hr range. you’d be under in one month without coronavirus. and what restaurant needs 20 delivery drivers? i do appreciate your attitude towards the unemployed though.

There is a difference in a small business and a large corporation. A Mom and Pop restaurant having to lay-off staff is one thing but Disney doing it is something else. Whether they have money coming in right now or not they have gotten over a billion dollars a year in extra revenue based on the tax breaks they were given and just like everyone else they pocketed that money to create bonuses for executives and large shareholders and didn’t pass it along to their front line staff. I feel sorry for the local guys that are being hit but these big companies with billions in reserves pushing their employees to file for unemployment just shows how replaceable companies think workers are.

Reactions: Crazy Cock 89
those servers get paid on tips, that’s the only way a restaurant can afford to keep that many people staffed. the actual hourly wage for those servers on you’re books are paid somewhere in the three dollar/hr range. you’d be under in one month without coronavirus. and what restaurant needs 20 delivery drivers? i do appreciate your attitude towards the unemployed though.

I haven't waited on table in 45 years, but I remember you get a little less than min wage and if you wanted more money, you make sure you wait on tables, full their glass up at all times and check on them al all times. Never let them wait for a long time for their meal, go to the kitchen and check on the status.

Reactions: be cocky
Well I know for a fact .. I got laid off of my job along
There is a difference in a small business and a large corporation. A Mom and Pop restaurant having to lay-off staff is one thing but Disney doing it is something else. Whether they have money coming in right now or not they have gotten over a billion dollars a year in extra revenue based on the tax breaks they were given and just like everyone else they pocketed that money to create bonuses for executives and large shareholders and didn’t pass it along to their front line staff. I feel sorry for the local guys that are being hit but these big companies with billions in reserves pushing their employees to file for unemployment just shows how replaceable companies think workers are.

So, I invest in a company to be nonproductive and give it to employees who do no work? Not everyone is replaceable but at some point you can’t just pay people. Many people give to charities but don’t expect that when investing in corporations. Do you have any business experience?

So you stalked the owner and counted how many people were on board? Or you just happen to live by where their boat is docked? Or you just made up this story? Sorry that you or anyone has been laid off. Just questioning your story. Jealous and envious is no way to go through life.

So you stalked the owner and counted how many people were on board? Or you just happen to live by where their boat is docked? Or you just made up this story? Sorry that you or anyone has been laid off. Just questioning your story. Jealous and envious is no way to go through life.

not a boat.. he saw his boss on a 4 mil yacht, a yacht ... and he could see and counted about 9 people on a yacht....yeah like you, that yacht story is a little "fishy"
...and if true, more power to the boss on his "yacht"

Reactions: Expro19
So, I invest in a company to be nonproductive and give it to employees who do no work? Not everyone is replaceable but at some point you can’t just pay people. Many people give to charities but don’t expect that when investing in corporations. Do you have any business experience?
This is without a doubt the lowest common response to anything. Everyone has business experience to a certain extent if you’ve worked in any way. So yes I have 30 years of business experience including years as a business owner before selling it and moving on to a different industry. I also run a large operation now and maybe I have a different philosophy but your employees are not disposable commodities. We may be taking a bit of a hit now but there is no reason the punish our team that has been with us for years for something that is a temporary setback. Part of the reason you don’t piss away ever bit of profit you make is so you survive when things aren’t always running 100%. As an investor I expect companies I’m invested in are looking more to tomorrow than they are today. The companies that are firing people today aren’t going to see some of those people tomorrow and it costs a heck of a lot more to replace a good employee than it does to make sure they are there for you when you need them.

Your response is one of the many reasons I have always said the stock market was the worst thing to ever happen to the American economy. When companies became more responsive to people who don’t have any connection to their business than they are to the ones that keep it running you’ve got a poor environment.

Hate to say it.. But it's better than $0...

If I have no money coming in, $2.13 sound better than nothing and cut way back on things and talk to my landlord.. They would rather get a little something than look for a new tenant now...
it would be illegal since they wouldn’t be claiming tips. delivery drivers to actually get paid minimum wage plus tips to offset the expense of driving the vehicle. you can do that for an entire staff. you’d be broke very soon and then noone would be getting paid at all, and there would be no jobs for any of those employees to come back to in the next month or so. if you’re a landlord and can’t get help with the mortgage from the bank, well sorry. you’re a jackhole for not looking into it and kicking tenants out during this time. restaurants are doing what you mentioned but at a very thin margin. you can actually spend money to go to work on 2.13/hr. commute, babysitter, food etc. rather than stayin home on a strict budget.

There certainly are a few business owners out there who perhaps laid off people when they could have found a way to pay them.However as a small business owner myself I can tell you that many,many small business will go under if this goes on much longer.

Reactions: ClemDent
it would be illegal since they wouldn’t be claiming tips. delivery drivers to actually get paid minimum wage plus tips to offset the expense of driving the vehicle. you can do that for an entire staff. you’d be broke very soon and then noone would be getting paid at all, and there would be no jobs for any of those employees to come back to in the next month or so. if you’re a landlord and can’t get help with the mortgage from the bank, well sorry. you’re a jackhole for not looking into it and kicking tenants out during this time. restaurants are doing what you mentioned but at a very thin margin. you can actually spend money to go to work on 2.13/hr. commute, babysitter, food etc. rather than stayin home on a strict budget.

Cash you don't need to claim them, tips by credit cards is another way for the IRS to know your business...

There is no more moral duty for business to pay employees after the government shut them down than there is for folks like Ms. Kohn to empty their bank accounts to help support the shutdown. To paraphrase Ms. Kohn, I'm not saying that her giving away all her assets to fund the shutdown wouldn't be a hard choice, but to deny she has that choice obscures her agency.

Cash you don't need to claim them, tips by credit cards is another way for the IRS to know your business...
haha ok. you don’t have to claim cash tips eh? even if that were true(which it isn’t), rare are the days when people pay cash at a restaurant, even more rare for delivery or pickup, since most tabs are paid over the phone before the order is sent to the kitchen, and now compounded this virus, handling of cash is somewhat considered compromising. anything else to support your point? your fighting to the bitter end. just realize the idea, although well intended, just isn’t feasible for restaurants and many other businesses that aren’t receiving the quantity of patrons that the normal business operations were adjusted to.

haha ok. you don’t have to claim cash tips eh? even if that were true(which it isn’t), rare are the days when people pay cash at a restaurant, even more rare for delivery or pickup, since most tabs are paid over the phone before the order is sent to the kitchen, and now compounded this virus, handling of cash is somewhat considered compromising. anything else to support your point? your fighting to the bitter end. just realize the idea, although well intended, just isn’t feasible for restaurants and many other businesses that aren’t receiving the quantity of patrons that the normal business operations were adjusted to.

I'm say I never claimed my tips... Everything was paid in cash....

We're talking about 45 years ago...

Today, if I'm out of job, I'll do something else... Did it before 12 years ago for a year with real no income coming in...

If a person wants work, they can find a job, even in a bad time like now..

To your question, if you have a good online business, you can do anything...

Also, Chick-fil-A looks like they are still doing good business, not great, but better...

This is without a doubt the lowest common response to anything. Everyone has business experience to a certain extent if you’ve worked in any way. So yes I have 30 years of business experience including years as a business owner before selling it and moving on to a different industry. I also run a large operation now and maybe I have a different philosophy but your employees are not disposable commodities. We may be taking a bit of a hit now but there is no reason the punish our team that has been with us for years for something that is a temporary setback. Part of the reason you don’t piss away ever bit of profit you make is so you survive when things aren’t always running 100%. As an investor I expect companies I’m invested in are looking more to tomorrow than they are today. The companies that are firing people today aren’t going to see some of those people tomorrow and it costs a heck of a lot more to replace a good employee than it does to make sure they are there for you when you need them.

Your response is one of the many reasons I have always said the stock market was the worst thing to ever happen to the American economy. When companies became more responsive to people who don’t have any connection to their business than they are to the ones that keep it running you’ve got a poor environment.
Pay my employees.......... Feed my family........ Pay my employees......... Feed my family.... No brainer, you feed your family , no matter how much you want to help your workers.

Reactions: AsTheCockCrows
Pay my employees.......... Feed my family........ Pay my employees......... Feed my family.... No brainer, you feed your family , no matter how much you want to help your workers.
Again for Aunt Suzzie’s Ice Cream shop I agree. For Disney and their like not so much.

No I was on the water deckhanding on my buddy’s charter boat and he drove right by us . Dude why would I make that up ?? Not at all jealous or envious . Just a pretty bad look when you just laid off half your employees permanently . Also a pretty bad look to have a boatload of people partying your ass off in the middle of a global pandemic.

not a boat.. he saw his boss on a 4 mil yacht, a yacht ... and he could see and counted about 9 people on a yacht....yeah like you, that yacht story is a little "fishy"
...and if true, more power to the boss on his "yacht"

You want me to send you a damn picture next time !!! Why the hell would I lie about that ?? Pretty easy to count people when he passed about 40 feet from my starboard . Yeah I’m glad you think it’s cool for millionaires to put people out of work and act like they could care less . And if you want to get technical it was about 4.3 million because he told everyone all the freaking times how much he paid for it . Thanks

Now that might be one of the biggest douchebag comments I’ve ever seen posted here . There so many small businesses that are doing everything in their power to take care of the employees that make them successful and many other companies that are casting people away left and right so guys like you can pad their portfolio . I have plenty of “Business experience”. I’ve worked for some amazing people and I’ve worked for plenty of greedy , lying assholes that don’t care about anything but their bank accounts . These are human beings with families that you are talking about , not chickens . Thought I’d heard it all this week but I guess I was wrong .

Reactions: Dizzy01
Now that might be one of the biggest douchebag comments I’ve ever seen posted here . There so many small businesses that are doing everything in their power to take care of the employees that make them successful and many other companies that are casting people away left and right so guys like you can pad their portfolio . I have plenty of “Business experience”. I’ve worked for some amazing people and I’ve worked for plenty of greedy , lying assholes that don’t care about anything but their bank accounts . These are human beings with families that you are talking about , not chickens . Thought I’d heard it all this week but I guess I was wrong .
It is wonderful when folks give to others out of the goodness of their heart, and if you made a personal plea for such a gift to your former boss perhaps he would surprise you. But you simply can’t expect him to maintain his expenses when his business is losing money. I’m sure he would love to get back to normal. Many of us would. But if you are angry about this situation, and I think you have a right to be, I suggest you direct the anger at the contingency that is keeping you old boss out of business. IMHO they have more of a moral obligation to take care of you financially than your boss that would rather be working does.

Reactions: vacock#
It is wonderful when folks give to others out of the goodness of their heart, and if you made a personal plea for such a gift to your former boss perhaps he would surprise you. But you simply can’t expect him to maintain his expenses when his business is losing money. I’m sure he would love to get back to normal. Many of us would. But if you are angry about this situation, and I think you have a right to be, I suggest you direct the anger at the contingency that is keeping you old boss out of business. IMHO they have more of a moral obligation to take care of you financially than your boss that would rather be working does.

My anger is not with the situation . I’ll be fine . I had another job 2 days later . My point is ..if I just laid off half my employees I wouldn’t be cruising around the bay in my multiple million dollar boat partying with my buddy’s less than 24 hours later . It’s just a bad look. I for one would not be flaunting my wealth and lifestyle when the rest of the community is struggling to make it week to week . That’s my only issue .

WOW! That's $44,200 annually for being on unemployment roll??

Well it “only” lasts for 39 weeks

And you don’t even have to go back when your employer calls you back if you have kids out of school. Other coronavirus related issues can help you get it and keep from going back to work

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT