ADVERTISEMENT

Could Andre the Giant in his prime beat a leopard in a fight? Or for...

jsusc

Aug 12, 2004
...that matter, could someone like Shaq or J.J. Watt in their prime beat a leopard?

Andre and the leopard are in a bar and the leopard spills a drink on Andre and it escalates. Who wins?

Leopard. Even in his Prime I don’t think Andre could bend over low enough if the leopard stays low. If it goes for the jugular though and Andra could grab it’s head that could change. Totally depends on smart strategy by the leopard.

I don't know...I seen videos of leopards taking 300 Lbs animals up trees and killing alligators. My bet is on the Leopard.

leopards are bad animals. And I’ve seen videos of them taking gazelles up trees. But I think 300 lb is a major stretch. As far as “killing alligators”, I think you’re referring to JAGUARS killing caimen. Jaguars are bigger and badder than Leopards. The only “alligator”-like animal in a leopard’s habitat is the Nile Crocodile and nah, a leopard ain’t putting so much as a ding on a Nile Croc.

Reactions: Champs_16
The only way Andre could win is by ripping the leopard's jaws apart. Could he handle the damage and pain the leopard would inflict before it got to that point? Maybe.

leopards are bad animals. And I’ve seen videos of them taking gazelles up trees. But I think 300 lb is a major stretch. As far as “killing alligators”, I think you’re referring to JAGUARS killing caimen. Jaguars are bigger and badder than Leopards. The only “alligator”-like animal in a leopard’s habitat is the Nile Crocodile and nah, a leopard ain’t putting so much as a ding on a Nile Croc.
My bad...got the 2 confused. The Jag weights up 250 Lbs and the Leopard up to 175 Lbs. My bet is still on a 175 lb cat.

A better question: How many 5 year olds would it take to defeat a leopard?

...that matter, could someone like Shaq or J.J. Watt in their prime beat a leopard?

Andre and the leopard are in a bar and the leopard spills a drink on Andre and it escalates. Who wins?
Andre. A leopard would like a house cat next to him!
Now, a tiger or a grizzly… that is a fair fight.

Reactions: USC1st
My bad...got the 2 confused. The Jag weights up 250 Lbs and the Leopard up to 175 Lbs. My bet is still on a 175 lb cat.

your bet is on the 175 lb cat vs a Nile Croc? Or against Andre? I definitely think it could do heavy damage to Andre, but I think Andre could fight it off, or fight it to a draw.

I picked a leopard because I thought at least he might have a chance. Obviously, a lion or silverback or something like that would be a bloodbath.

I think someone here once mentioned they were surprised at how small a cheetah was in person and they thought they could hold their own against one. A normal person just wouldn't have a chance.

I picked a leopard because I thought at least he might have a chance. Obviously, a lion or silverback or something like that would be a bloodbath.

I think someone here once mentioned they were surprised at how small a cheetah was in person and they thought they could hold their own against one. A normal person just wouldn't have a chance.

it’s not just Cheetah’s size, it’s also their temperaments. Cheetahs are basically giant house cats. They are easily trained/domesticated. They are definitely the least dangerous to humans of all the large cats, and they are preyed upon by the other large cats.

I've read a ridiculous number of books about hunting in Africa. What I read about leopards was that, when attacking a human, leopards would attempt to sink their teeth into the shoulder or neck and "bunny kick" with the hind legs rendering the intestines and internal organs shredded. An adult male could easily jump to Andre neck and kick his guts out. Personally I'd rather sit down and have 3(0) beers with Andre.

Reactions: F-86F
Vs Andre...The Leopard can run 55 mph. He can tired him out and then go for the jugular.

but when a leopard attacks something like a gazelle or zebra, those animals have no ability to grapple. Even dog-like animals like hyenas can’t grapple. Andre is huge AND he can grapple. So he would at least have a better chance against a leopard than most animals a leopard goes up against. Andre has huge arms, legs, and hands, so he would have a fighting chance if he could get it into some sort of choke or stranglehold.

Andre the Giant weighed 520 lbs. The average leopard weighs between 50 and 60 lbs. That weight difference is a huge disadvantage for the leopard to make up. I fully expect Andre would win, eventually strangling and/or squashing the leopard with his body. No doubt Andre would be badly mauled and injured, but in a life or death match Andre wins.

Now make it a 500 lb tiger or lion and Andre has no chance (unarmed).

nope leopards and other giant cats are insanely efficient
Alley cats catching prey like rats are insanely efficient too, but they aren't killing Andre the Giant. They just aren't big enough, no matter how efficient. I don't think a leopard is big enough either.

You saw the recent video of the rabid bobcat attacking the woman and man in their yard? The man eventually tosses it like a football. Now a leopard is a lot bigger than a bobcat, but it has the same weight and size issue if facing a large powerful man. I don't think a leopard is large enough to be called a "giant cat". I reserve that for lions and tigers.

Alley cats catching prey like rats are insanely efficient too, but they aren't killing Andre the Giant. They just aren't big enough, no matter how efficient. I don't think a leopard is big enough either.

You saw the recent video of the rabid bobcat attacking the woman and man in their yard? The man eventually tosses it like a football. Now a leopard is a lot bigger than a bobcat, but it has the same weight and size issue if facing a large powerful man. I don't think a leopard is large enough to be called a "giant cat". I reserve that for lions and tigers.
What could he do to it? Grab it? His arms would be shredded to pieces. Kick it? Legs would come back shredded.

African leopards often hunt silverback gorillas yall thing Andre the giant could take one of those?

That video was interesting but over half of it was an animal licking his face and I wanted to puke.

I think it would be best for all involved if the leopard just apologized, and bought a round for the bar. That way, he gets to live, and Andre gets to forgo a multitude of stitches, a blood transfusion, and a tetanus shot. When the two of them leave, then the bar patrons can speculate about which one could take the other.

You Andre the Giant voters are out of your minds. I get that as a human he should technically be smarter and could possibly connive his way to victory - but a straight up physical match would be a blowout. Leopards can kill things twice as large and 5 times as strong as Andre. But more importantly, every part of a Leopard is sharp. And if Andre got his hands on the Leopard, he wouldn’t just have scratches, he’d have footlong gashes 3 inches deep all over himself. It would be a race to see if he could choke out the cat before he bled out.

You Andre the Giant voters are out of your minds. I get that as a human he should technically be smarter and could possibly connive his way to victory - but a straight up physical match would be a blowout. Leopards can kill things twice as large and 5 times as strong as Andre. But more importantly, every part of a Leopard is sharp. And if Andre got his hands on the Leopard, he wouldn’t just have scratches, he’d have footlong gashes 3 inches deep all over himself. It would be a race to see if he could choke out the cat before he bled out.

what animal does a leopard kill that’s “twice as large and 5 times as strong as Andre”? An Eland? A hooved animal that has no way of grappling? Somebody else said that leopards “hunt” silverback gorillas. Leopards have been known to attack and kill SLEEPING gorillas, probably sub-adults. Show me one example of them taking on and killing an adult gorilla face to face. As I said, his size, strength, and ability to grapple would give Andre an advantage that the leopard’s normal prey doesn’t have. It’s easy to kill a hooved animal that can’t do anything but run, it’s not as easy to kill a 500+ lb primate that has the ability to grapple back at you.

Reactions: Jpcooper
Like I posted earlier,teeth and claws wins out.heck a house cat will make you regret you messed with it.That s**t hurts.

So I had to google: How dangerous is a leopard?
Leopards are not only dangerous and sleek, but they’re brave and tough. Unlike most animals that run away and hide when they are wounded, leopards actually become more aggressive and therefore more dangerous. They are fast, vicious, and have been known to attack humans for nothing more than a midnight snack. Although they may not look like it, leopards are extremely strong, obvious by their ability to drag their often heavy prey up into a tree to hide it, so don’t count on anyone finding you if you happen to be attacked by one of these incredible creatures. The big cats are found through most of Africa and Asia and live in a variety of landscapes.

I just don’t see how Andre would even attack a Leopard. Is he going to try to grab it?

Last one I looked up:

Andre, no. Brock Lesnar, may have a slight chance if he doesn’t get shredded off the bat. If Brck can take the leopard to suplex city, he wins.

Andre’s selling point was his sheer size. which was also his weakness. He suffered from acromegaly. His movement and strength was very limited. He was injury prone. I feel he would just be an easy big meal for a leopard.

I have personal experience up close and personal with a peed off Cane Corso that would have ripped me apart if the owner hadn’t been around to save my butt. It got off leash and charged and attacked me. I heard so running up behind me and when I turned around I thought it was a freaking panther. He was huge. In the real world humans shouldn’t be fighting animals like that with just their bare hands.

Last edited:
Last one I looked up:
Obviously this isn’t the first time the Andre question has been asked.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT