ADVERTISEMENT

Coupe is not doing well

Damn...hate to hear this. Don't post much but am have been on GCC nearly every day for a decade and a half. Always enjoyed his posts and as previously mentioned, I never heard him say anything negative. Every now and then he would post some historical facts or photos. My prayers are with him and his family

Reactions: german cock
Here's a picture of Coupe I took at one of our baseball regionals in the old stadium:
USC%20Coupe%20at%20baseball%20game.jpg

I don't have the energy to post much, but will keep on reading.

I saw your Facebook page. You look great! So, how are you doing?

Did you sell your ultralight?

BTW, I got my commercial certificate on 3/5/2021 and am buying a Maule M-9-235 carbureted (will apply STC for MOGAS because I don’t think this administration will let us use 100LL much longer).

Blue Skies!

Last edited:
I am very sorry to hear that. About 15 years ago he, cock of Earle, some other old timers and I went to lunch at Maurice's in West Columbia.

I met him at a Gamecock luncheon in Greenville about 10-12 years ago. I've very proud to say I met him. Again, God Bless Coupe and his family and friends.

Reactions: Gaimcock
Despite this being a 4 year old thread....oddly enough I was thinking about Jim yesterday. I watched a documentary on YouTube about the Ercoupe and wondered about him. I saw his plane at Owens Field quite a few times. I took my written pilot test there and used to do the short hop from Camden in my Cessna. Met and spoke with him several times. Always enjoyed it

Despite this being a 4 year old thread....oddly enough I was thinking about Jim yesterday. I watched a documentary on YouTube about the Ercoupe and wondered about him. I saw his plane at Owens Field quite a few times. I took my written pilot test there and used to do the short hop from Camden in my Cessna. Met and spoke with him several times. Always enjoyed it

Flew into KCUB for my check ride. I was surprised that people there were calling it Columbia Downtown. Since I fly out of KGMU or Greenville Downtown, I flubbed a few calls.

Reactions: cocknjax
I don't have the energy to post much, but will keep on reading.
Coupester, Thank You for being one of the Major Reasons of my initial interests in this site back in 1998!!! You and your Ercoupe airplane thingy are what got me here back in the day!!! Though we've only met once back at a lunch get together back in 99 (I Think!!), You are certainly in my prayers Sir!!!

God Be With You,

Gaimcock

I first came to Gamecock Central and FGF in 1998. I certainly remember Coupe, Rooster Louie, Shoe, Trooper Del, and so many of those who were here at or near the beginning. Does anyone know how old Coupe would be now?

So sorry to hear you are ailing, Coupe, old Friend! Our Prayers and good wishes go with you, and God bless you! You are the first poster I ever really followed. Prayers^ for you and your family, may God Bless and keep you!
I remember you too, vacock!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT