ADVERTISEMENT

Covid19

OP, thanks for you post!

I know a few dozen that's had it. No fatalities. Kids up to elderly. Some much worse than others.
Most had a rough go. One description was "torment".

A few dozen? Confirmed? Man, you must know a lot more people then I do. I only know 2 people that had it.

A few dozen? Confirmed? Man, you must know a lot more people then I do. I only know 2 people that had it.
My mother originally got it back in August. She had it for 3 weeks, but what made hers worse was that she already has Lupus. I had it for a week and a half and was able to overcome it. I still have a bad lingering cough that seems to happen when I talk or as the evening progresses.

My mother originally got it back in August. She had it for 3 weeks, but what made hers worse was that she already has Lupus. I had it for a week and a half and was able to overcome it. I still have a bad lingering cough that seems to happen when I talk or as the evening progresses.
Try zinc, it should be good for throat issues.

Reactions: anon_6poml7ajgpoqm
Transmission probability between infected person wearing a mask and healthy person wearing a mask is 1.5%

Transmission probability of infected person wearing a mask and healthy person not wearing a mask is 5%

Transmission probability of infected person not wearing a mask vs healthy person wearing a mask is 70%

Protect America and wear a damn mask!
Is that a confirmable stat or a conjured one?

That's what my wife and I have been saying. Majority of the people at our church have never worn masks in our church. Even the preacher himself said that he wasn't worried about Covid19. But the things that have taken place in the last few weeks baffle me. I'm sure churches have been hurting but you can be more proactive about wearing facemasks and social distancing.
You know....caring for others and one another should be our top priority. Put that into context with what's happening. This is not isolated, but likely most churches are seeing this.

I see lots of people with masks that have them pulled down below their mouths. It must be really effective as I have not heard of a single case of "Covid-Chin" in the entire country.

Reactions: Dizzy01
We-not-Me.jpg

You left out type of masks. The medical type and cloth type offer very little. The only proven virus stopper is the K95 mask and that is a good fit over nose and mouth. If the mask theory is correct then no one should get the flu.

IMHO thats just a good estimate and guide for folks to use. Nothing is fool proof and I am sure those percentages are good guesses based in the knowledge they currently have on it. Yep, can touch door knob then face/nose/eyes and increase your chances of getting it as well. With this virus, there are no certainties, that is one thing we have all learned. MIL with some medical issues survives it, FIL with basically none, still using push mower, dies.

I'm skeptical of all these stats and information on transmission. I know a number of people who have gotten the virus and not a single one knows where or even when they were infected. If this is the case how can any of this information from the medical community be reliable? At best it is just pure speculation.

Reactions: kidrobinski
Some folks have light cases and some don't.

Transmission load or the amount of virus one receives is one of the factors that determines how sick an individual will be.

Reactions: heelzfor2
Talked with a doctor from Georgetown county yesterday 5 November. He has treated more than 200 Covid patients. He said virtually all of his patients that died were extremely obese. 300 to 400 pound range. The most common indicator of infection is a loss of smell and taste.

Yes, both MIL and FIL lost their sense of taste and smell. MIL said she cooked a roast with onion gravy before they knew they were sick. When eating it they both thought the meat had no taste and then realized they did not even smell it cooking like normal. At that point they thought something was wrong with the food vs them.

Consider yourself blessed. I knew a 60+ year old man in good health that passed. His story was in The State. An 80+ year old woman that passed. 3 confirmed cases in my family. And I have about 18 friends that tested positive. This isn't counting our workforce at work. 4 more confirmed cases there. 1 guy posted on Facebook that covid was a hoax days before getting the virus. He has since had a change of heart. So, again, consider yourself blessed.

Consider yourself blessed. I knew a 60+ year old man in good health that passed. His story was in The State. An 80+ year old woman that passed. 3 confirmed cases in my family. And I have about 18 friends that tested positive. This isn't counting our workforce at work. 4 more confirmed cases there. 1 guy posted on Facebook that covid was a hoax days before getting the virus. He has since had a change of heart. So, again, consider yourself blessed.
I work in a county office and in our department there is around 33 people. We only have 2 doors to get into our area. Myself along with 4 others are the only people wearing a mask currently. I tested positive back on October 16. 2 others in my department got it. One should be back Monday next week. The other was supposed to retire Wednesday of last week and start a new job in Spartanburg. He has tested positive 2 more times since his initial test.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
I found out about an hour ago- the guy who sits next to me at work has tested positive. He was only there Tuesday of this week. I started to develop a bit of a cough last night, no fever... waiting to get a rapid test done now! 🤞🤦‍♂️

I found out about an hour ago- the guy who sits next to me at work has tested positive. He was only there Tuesday of this week. I started to develop a bit of a cough last night, no fever... waiting to get a rapid test done now! 🤞🤦‍♂️
I've been tested twice, negative each time. Jmo, I'd go ahead and get the brain test and wait 2-4 days. 99% accurate vs 45% with the rapid test.

Hope you're negative.

I've been tested twice, negative each time. Jmo, I'd go ahead and get the brain test and wait 2-4 days. 99% accurate vs 45% with the rapid test.

Hope you're negative.
They told me a few hours ago- I am positive for Corona virus. I took the rapid test which he admitted has produced a few false negatives but he said if it tells you you are positive, YOU HAVE IT. I started feeling worse as the day went on too- cough worsening a bit, and I checked my temp this morning and again on lunch break/ nothing, I run a degree or two cold regularly/ 97.6 or so. Almost never run a fever...

By the time I got in to see the nurse, she clocked me at 99.3 and I knew I had it- up to 99.6 now! Hopefully this is as bad as it gets. He said if I go over 101, I should head to the ER 👀 FML.

They told me a few hours ago- I am positive for Corona virus. I took the rapid test which he admitted has produced a few false negatives but he said if it tells you you are positive, YOU HAVE IT. I started feeling worse as the day went on too- cough worsening a bit, and I checked my temp this morning and again on lunch break/ nothing, I run a degree or two cold regularly/ 97.6 or so. Almost never run a fever...

By the time I got in to see the nurse, she clocked me at 99.3 and I knew I had it- up to 99.6 now! Hopefully this is as bad as it gets. He said if I go over 101, I should head to the ER 👀 FML.

Sorry to hear it bud. My wife and I have been fortunate....but I suspect our time is coming if we keep being out occasionally. I'm going to try to scale it back but we have a grandkid and daughters who come by and etc. I hope you feel better and heal. Thinking of you.

Reactions: Gamecock Lifer
It's good that your church is taking the necessary precautions to stop the spread. As I stated ours isn't doing anything. No social distancing, no encouraging of wearing masks, opened up a coffee shop and had a invite as many friends as you can day a few weeks ago. In a normal setting, inviting the friends to church and opening up a coffee shop would be fine, but encouraging bringing as many people as you can and whoever brings the most wins an iPad is just not a good idea during these times.
I have a real problem with churches not doing everything they can to protect their folks. I watch online, I give the same amount, I don't feel any less a Christian. True, can't assist with some programs mostly because they are not active. Church service is very important, but also very accessible and still fulfilling from home. Plus I can sing at the top of my lungs and noone will be antagonized but the wife.😏

Hope you kick it soon. Prayers.

Reactions: Gamecock Lifer
Take aspirin and pepcid along with the recs for vitamins, zinc, D3....if you get short of breath, head to ER as 80% of those currently hospitalized are only there to get IV remdesivir and steroids.

Many docs are treating even mild infections with doxycycline or zithromax and oral steroids as outpatients if symptomatic.

Hope you feel better soon!

Detected cases doubled today in SC, but we have dropped to 20th in total cases because of the spikes across the country in the dumbass states that just started opening up as the fall weather rolled in. Ends up that the states that opened up during the summer when the virus was less transmissible or virulent (for whatever reason...humidity, outdoor activities, etc) probably were the smart ones. It never threatened our ability to handle the hospitalizations and infected at least 20-25% of out population, maybe more. Hopefully, everyone will get their flu shot or even states like SC could struggle with the increasing occupancy of hospitals necessitating a drop in elective procedures.

Hopefully we don't get too big a spike but who the hell knows anymore.

Off to tailgate in 2 hours! We will have masks on when not drinking and eating! Go cocks!

Almost lost my brother to covid and families next door on both sides have had it. They all agree it's the sickest they've been in their entire life.

I've read that to insure accuracy you should wait 7 days after exposure before being tested. I spent much of the last two days in a dentist chair in a fairly busy practice and to be on the safe side I plan to get tested on Wednesday of next week.

I've read that to insure accuracy you should wait 7 days after exposure before being tested. I spent much of the last two days in a dentist chair in a fairly busy practice and to be on the safe side I plan to get tested on Wednesday of next week.
I started feeling bad on a Thursday evening. I already had a cough for a month, but that evening I started getting chills and felt feverish. Friday morning I felt way worse.

Hoping that you recover soon.

So far I had 2 of my best friends come down with serious cases. One of them was in the hospital for 10 days. The other had severe symptoms for over a week, his wife was in bed for 10 days then transported to the ICU, was there for 5 days.
Then just night we learned our son tested positive and is suffering mild symptoms . And, now just less than 30 minutes ago we learned our next door neighbor has contacted the virus, with severe symptoms. We're worried for him, he's 72 years of age, and although fairly healthy at his age he's more at serious risk for complications.

Sorry to hear. Best of luck to you!

I'm just ready for all of this to be over. On top of having Covid, my wife and I were expecting our first child. Went last week to the ultrasound and she had miscarried. This year has been a very rough one.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT