ADVERTISEMENT

Covid19

A

anon_6poml7ajgpoqm

Good afternoon everyone. Just thought I’d post about my experience with Covid. On October 15 I started with a low grade fever and chills. On the 16th I went and got tested. Over the weekend I lost my sense of taste and smell, had a fever, bad back ache, no appetite, upset stomach, bad cough and fatigue. I got my taste and smell back midweek of last week and haven’t ran a fever since Saturday. I know at a time where people think this virus is overblown, I assure you it’s real. It affects everyone differently. My wife got tested as a precaution and her results were negative. Just take it seriously is all I can say because it’s the sickest I’ve ever felt.

Good afternoon everyone. Just thought I’d post about my experience with Covid. On October 15 I started with a low grade fever and chills. On the 16th I went and got tested. Over the weekend I lost my sense of taste and smell, had a fever, bad back ache, no appetite, upset stomach, bad cough and fatigue. I got my taste and smell back midweek of last week and haven’t ran a fever since Saturday. I know at a time where people think this virus is overblown, I assure you it’s real. It affects everyone differently. My wife got tested as a precaution and her results were negative. Just take it seriously is all I can say because it’s the sickest I’ve ever felt.

Did you get tested for COVID? I felt like that after getting my flu shot a couple weeks back.. All but the bad cough... People react differently to this virus or any other flu like virus...

Glad you’re feeling better. Hope people will use common sense and take every precaution to avoid it.

Did you get tested for COVID? I felt like that after getting my flu shot a couple weeks back.. All but the bad cough... People react differently to this virus or any other flu like virus...
Yes I got tested on the 16th which was a Friday and found out Monday of last week that I had it.

Reactions: okccock
Do we know how accurate testing is from those tests that take multiple days vs instant results? I’ve been tested once but will need to be tested again more than likely.

I started feeling bad during our game Saturday and went to bed before it was over after it had gotten out of hand. I have chest congestion, a slight cough, and wheezing but no fever. Today, I woke up feeling better until about 2:30 pm. At first, I thought it was bronchitis because I've had it so many times in the past but not in a few years. My doctor won't see me since it involves a respirative issue. I have to go to Urgent Care in Beaufort. I am not going until in the morning. BTW, I don't go anywhere as I'm afraid due to the fact that I'm 65 and have asthma so I don't believe it is COVID.

I started feeling bad during our game Saturday and went to bed before it was over after it had gotten out of hand. I have chest congestion, a slight cough, and wheezing but no fever. Today, I woke up feeling better until about 2:30 pm. At first, I thought it was bronchitis because I've had it so many times in the past but not in a few years. My doctor won't see me since it involves a respirative issue. I have to go to Urgent Care in Beaufort. I am not going until in the morning. BTW, I don't go anywhere as I'm afraid due to the fact that I'm 65 and have asthma so I don't believe it is COVID.
Hope you get to feeling better soon my friend!

After being exposed to the virus my brother tested negative on a Friday but positive on Monday. Was admitted to the hospital that day and wasn't discharged until six weeks later. He says it was the sickest he has ever been and at one point thought he was dying. His earliest symptom was loss of taste.

After being exposed to the virus my brother tested negative on a Friday but positive on Monday. Was admitted to the hospital that day and wasn't discharged until six weeks later. He says it was the sickest he has ever been and at one point thought he was dying.
I know that so many people are against wearing masks, but if everyone wore them it would stop the spread. I know people will say they’ve worn a mask and still got it, however you must assume that everyone is carrying it so wear a mask

Anybody who doesnt stay locked up in their house 24/7 will eventually get it.

That's what I'm afraid will happen with me and my wife. I have a combination of asthma and COPD and I'm 75, I'm taking all of the precautions I can but like you say I think most everyone will get it, I just hope it's not a Death Warren for the people who do get the virus.

Reactions: jonesz21

I'm glad you are feeling better, good luck to you and your family.

I know that so many people are against wearing masks, but if everyone wore them it would stop the spread. I know people will say they’ve worn a mask and still got it, however you must assume that everyone is carrying it so wear a mask

He always wore a mask, never left the house and believes it came from food as his cook tested positive.

He always wore a mask, never left the house and believes it came from food as his cook tested positive.
I mean I was wearing a mask at work and everywhere I went and got it. However most of the places including my work, aren’t wearing masks.

So glad you recovered bro . This stuff is nasty . Don’t believe all the stories either . I Have a friend who got it twice . She’s an OR nurse and she got it back in May and was sick as a dog for weeks . Well she got over it and thought she was in the clear and got it again last week . She’s in her early 40s and runs Marathons and she said it was the worst thing she ever went thru . So much uncertainty with this thing .

How about a little background information: your age, your comorbidities, and how you think you became infected would be of interest.

My wife took our kids for a standard wellcheck today. They're fine but our family doctor said he just lost a patient yesterday to COVID. Early 60s.

Daughter's middle school principal's husband died from it a not too long ago. Late 50s, rather obese.

Neighbor's nephew died from it a few months ago. Mid-40s. Slightly overweight but otherwise healthy.

With such nonsense out there either politicizing it, overblowing it or understating its dangers, I only listen to our family doctor and some doctor friends, anyone who has had it (a cousin, wife's hairdresser, couple others we know of second- or third-hand). It's unpredictable and potentially extremely bad. Just be smart people. Please.

I mean I was wearing a mask at work and everywhere I went and got it. However most of the places including my work, aren’t wearing masks.

Just remember, the mask won't protect you from micro particles of the flu... You would need to wear a full face mask respirator like this below to keep germs out...

N182-1000Wx1000H

Reactions: Cybercock
How about a little background information: your age, your comorbidities, and how you think you became infected would be of interest.
30 years old. I either became infected from work because our county building has been open the past 3 or 4 weeks for early voting and we have had around 600 or more coming through our building voting early. We are also in the middle of reassessment and have had people coming in the office to ask questions about it. It could have also been from a wedding in Statesville I went to on October 10. Everyone wore a mask during the ceremony but for the reception everyone wasn’t. It had to be from one of those two places. I wear a mask while at work, when I go to the grocery store and any other place I go.

Reactions: king ward
I'm glad you survived it and I hope there are no long-term issues. I personally have 2 friends who did not survive it. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Reactions: okccock
I’m not getting retested. I have been fever free for about 4 days now. The only thing I have remaining is a dry cough.

Even though you had COVID, still take vitamin D & Zinc... We never shut down, my divers have been exposed to all sorts of stuff from hospital waste and they take vitamin D & Zinc and not one driver has ever got COVID...

Reactions: anon_6poml7ajgpoqm
30 years old. I either became infected from work because our county building has been open the past 3 or 4 weeks for early voting and we have had around 600 or more coming through our building voting early. We are also in the middle of reassessment and have had people coming in the office to ask questions about it. It could have also been from a wedding in Statesville I went to on October 10. Everyone wore a mask during the ceremony but for the reception everyone wasn’t. It had to be from one of those two places. I wear a mask while at work, when I go to the grocery store and any other place I go.
Good information. Your exposure possibilities were great. Godspeed.

I'm getting a little tired of the "take it seriously" hysterics. What does that even mean, anyway. Its as though most people have never been actually sick before.

I'm 66. I've had the flu multiple times over my life. I had the "hong kong" flu, I had the "swine" flu. I've had it within the past five years even after getting a flu vaccine. The hong kong flu was by far the worst for me personally. I've been hospitalized two weeks for pneumonia as well.

I also had covid-19. While it made me me extremely weak and was very "weird" feeling, for me it was also short in duration compared to the flu and pneumonia. I've been active and fit my entire life and still am, don't know if that was a factor or not, but covid-19 for me was a couple of days of hell, while flu is typically a week of hell, and pneumonia two weeks of hell.

A friend of mine, same age, used to be in pro wrestling but let himself go pretty much completely the past twenty years or so, has been hospitalized several times over that time with blood infections in his legs and all manner of other ailments. He was hospitalized again for covid-19 recently and was on a ventilator for three weeks. They pretty much told his wife he was a goner but the doctor that had been treating him for the blood infections in his legs the past twenty years insisted they give him with the antibody treatment and voila, he was released and in physical therapy within the week. If there ever was a poster child for "high risk" it was this guy but he came out of it

I know people have died, and I'm sorry for those families, but I'm weary of the incessant hysteria and the unreasonable fear. There are actual qualified and quantified data which are largely ignored, and there are drama data that are trumpeted like thunder daily.. We DO take it "seriously"; we also would like to take it "truthfully."

I think we all started feeling bad during the game Saturday! 🙃

Jk- hope you are OK man!

Reactions: Dizzy01
So, how long do you have to wait until you have to be tested again? 10 days? 14 days?
They do not make people get retested. I have known quite a few people who had it in recent months, now they say- if exposed to a sick person, quarantine for 14 days. If infected/test positive- quarantine for 10 days?? They do not require a retest to go back to work.., Freaks me out TBH.

They do not make people get retested. I have known quite a few people who had it in recent months, now they say- if exposed to a sick person, quarantine for 14 days. If infected/test positive- quarantine for 10 days?? They do not require a retest to go back to work.., Freaks me out TBH.

Yes they do. At my daughter's college, they retest after 10 days to make sure they still don't have the virus, even once they are clear of symptoms....

My office requires employees to get tested again after 14-days of having COVID before you can come back to work...

Yes they do. At my daughter's college, they retest after 10 days to make sure they still don't have the virus, even once they are clear of symptoms....

My office requires employees to get tested again after 14-days of having COVID before you can come back to work...
A specific office or school could require it I suppose, I am telling you HERE, in Columbia- that is not the guidance anyone I know who had it was given. They quote CDC- 14 days for “exposure”, get tested... If positive= 10 days quarantine, if no symptoms= go back to work. Multiple people in my office and my friend group were told the same thing by different doctors.

So, again- your office/school can make up their own rules, and I am not saying it makes sense- but if infected the CDC says you only need to quarantine for 10 days, and “most do not need to be retested” before going around others. The first time an intern got it in my office, we made her get a negative test before coming back... Since then we leave it up to the doctors who do not encourage a retest.

The OP means: don't be one of those people who call this a hoax or try to fight every attempt to prevent the spread, like a mask is some kind of deep state conspiracy to control us. There are tons of those people on FGF. You seem reasonable and I am just answering your question!

I'm getting a little tired of the "take it seriously" hysterics. What does that even mean, anyway. Its as though most people have never been actually sick before.

I'm 66. I've had the flu multiple times over my life. I had the "hong kong" flu, I had the "swine" flu. I've had it within the past five years even after getting a flu vaccine. The hong kong flu was by far the worst for me personally. I've been hospitalized two weeks for pneumonia as well.

I also had covid-19. While it made me me extremely weak and was very "weird" feeling, for me it was also short in duration compared to the flu and pneumonia. I've been active and fit my entire life and still am, don't know if that was a factor or not, but covid-19 for me was a couple of days of hell, while flu is typically a week of hell, and pneumonia two weeks of hell.

A friend of mine, same age, used to be in pro wrestling but let himself go pretty much completely the past twenty years or so, has been hospitalized several times over that time with blood infections in his legs and all manner of other ailments. He was hospitalized again for covid-19 recently and was on a ventilator for three weeks. They pretty much told his wife he was a goner but the doctor that had been treating him for the blood infections in his legs the past twenty years insisted they give him with the antibody treatment and voila, he was released and in physical therapy within the week. If there ever was a poster child for "high risk" it was this guy but he came out of it

I know people have died, and I'm sorry for those families, but I'm weary of the incessant hysteria and the unreasonable fear. There are actual qualified and quantified data which are largely ignored, and there are drama data that are trumpeted like thunder daily.. We DO take it "seriously"; we also would like to take it "truthfully."

That's what I'm afraid will happen with me and my wife. I have a combination of asthma and COPD and I'm 75, I'm taking all of the precautions I can but like you say I think most everyone will get it, I just hope it's not a Death Warren for the people who do get the virus.

My niece's mother-in-law has serious cancer, has gone through rounds of chemotherapy and has extremely weakened immunity. This summer, she caught COVID (at hospitals and doctors offices a lot) and we were all terrified. She was mildly sick for a week and then over it. Missed about 7 days of work (she works from home). Just fine now, except for cancer issues.

Reactions: RickyRooster
A specific office or school could require it I suppose, I am telling you HERE, in Columbia- that is not the guidance anyone I know who had it was given. They quote CDC- 14 days for “exposure”, get tested... If positive= 10 days quarantine, if no symptoms= go back to work. Multiple people in my office and my friend group were told the same thing by different doctors.

So, again- your office/school can make up their own rules, and I am not saying it makes sense- but if infected the CDC says you only need to quarantine for 10 days, and “most do not need to be retested” before going around others. The first time an intern got it in my office, we made her get a negative test before coming back... Since then we leave it up to the doctors who do not encourage a retest.

Why are you arguing with me? CDC gives guidelines daily and it changes from day to day when they get more information... I'm telling you that my office and my daughter's school have different procedures and their own guidelines... Also, hospitals do a test on everyone who goes to the hospital. So if you go to the hospital for a broken arm and test positive you are counted as a hospitalized COVID patient and put into isolation. That's what's going on now.

I like to see the number of negative test vs the positive test daily. We're getting the death counts from COVID, but that still raise eyebrows when someone dies of Parkinsons, Dementia or heart attack and tested positive...

That is why you're seeing high number of new cases because of new testing and retesting. You can get a positive for months after because the test picks up RNA even dead RNA.

Its only guidelines recommended by CDC, not the word of God.... So quit arguing!

Why are you arguing with me? CDC gives guidelines daily and it changes from day to day when they get more information... I'm telling you that my office and my daughter's school have different procedures and their own guidelines... Also, hospitals do a test on everyone who goes to the hospital. So if you go to the hospital for a broken arm and test positive you are counted as a hospitalized COVID patient and put into isolation. That's what's going on now.

I like to see the number of negative test vs the positive test daily. We're getting the death counts from COVID, but that still raise eyebrows when someone dies of Parkinsons, Dementia or heart attack and tested positive...

That is why you're seeing high number of new cases because of new testing and retesting. You can get a positive for months after because the test picks up RNA even dead RNA.

Its only guidelines recommended by CDC, not the word of God.... So quit arguing!
I am the one arguing? I simply told you what was going on here- Ie Not requiring a retest- you responded with “yes they are”- implying I was wrong which seemed quite argumentative, so I backed my statements up with the facts. I was clarifying, you were being obtuse.

Vitamin D3 is a subset of Vitamin D and thought to be the part of D most involved in fighting COVID. If D is a hand, then D3 is the forefinger. Like that.

You can also take Calcium Magnesium Zinc with D3, and if you want to add an extra Zinc vitamin, that will work... The main issue is to make sure your immune system is up and work out, Go outside and do yard work, walk or something... Don't be shut in when you're scared of this COVID.. Just live your life and stay healthy...

ADVERTISEMENT