ADVERTISEMENT

Cumulus Changes Could be Bad News for Gamecock Fans 107.5

If they turn it into some national broadcast then they might as well just turn it into a country music station like it was.

Reactions: Coppertopp
I think Heath Cline's show will be the only local one kept. The lunch and afternoon show are worthless.

Reactions: cbandsb4usc
How on earth did this Cumulus outfit have to file for bankruptcy?!?!? Heck, 107.5 runs enough commercials to finance a small country!!
Right, but radio stations have to pay the staff that is out selling those ads and the rest of the overhead. I can understand the BK.

At one time I heard that Benji Norton sold most of the advertising for that station. Is he still on that oldies rock station?

Local guys will be back on at 2 pm today. The affiliates meeting just let out.

Unfortunately, those what complain that they don't talk Gamecocks 24/7/365 need to remember that it's pretty impossible to do so. There just isn't that much Gamecock stuff going on 24/7/365, especially during the Summer.
Right. We ain't Jesus.:D

Unfortunately, those what complain that they don't talk Gamecocks 24/7/365 need to remember that it's pretty impossible to do so. There just isn't that much Gamecock stuff going on 24/7/365, especially during the Summer.

The people that complain about that are just clueless. They do talk about other topics, but nothing takes priority over USC sports.

Reactions: Slotreceiver

So what has been decided?

This may be the perfect time for the owner of WCCP (Gamecock grad/fan) to do something here.

The people that complain about that are just clueless. They do talk about other topics, but nothing takes priority over USC sports.

The problem is most dont listen all day. So when I leave the office and get in my car for 15 minutes and all I hear is Jay Philips talking about a concert he attended it is frustrating. No one cares

Reactions: Kitchenlabs
The problem is most dont listen all day. So when I leave the office and get in my car for 15 minutes and all I hear is Jay Philips talking about a concert he attended it is frustrating. No one cares
I think they're aware of when most people are in their cars amd on the way home. Repeating themselves is not good radio, either.

It would be great to be able to listen to the shows later - as in a downloadable format. But, I'm sure that is a huge deal to consider how that affects sponsors.

The only other real criticism I have is there social media presence is almost non-existant.

None of our shows are changing anytime in the foreseeable future, other than the obvious that Brent is no longer on Lunch. Nor is the station magically going away. Some people have read way too much into a quote from a newspaper article.
That's too bad, because a lot of it is really underwhelming to put it politely.

Reactions: ddw1263
None of our shows are changing anytime in the foreseeable future, other than the obvious that Brent is no longer on Lunch. Nor is the station magically going away. Some people have read way too much into a quote from a newspaper article.

For your sake I hope not because there arent many places for you to go now days

Sad thing is there is noway you know what is happening. Corporate never tells employees when jobs are about to be eliminated. They will assure you that things are all great and then when you least expect it you habe the sit down. Brent Johmson didnt just leave a high paying position and join the unemployment line for nothing. Good luck though.

Is Hefner still employed in Cola??

Haven't heard him nor anything about him since the Holtz era!

YES
For Gamecock fans none of this is good if you want more content. WGCV 96.3 FM(WGCV AP or Tune In) does have local radio discussing the Gamecocks and a variety of other topics. From 6-9 am you get Teddy Heffner & former Gamecock Dr. Rick Sanford then from 9-11 you have Rich Taylor & Justin Cannon. There are also a variety of Gamecock podcasts out there too.

Sad thing is there is noway you know what is happening. Corporate never tells employees when jobs are about to be eliminated. They will assure you that things are all great and then when you least expect it you habe the sit down. Brent Johmson didnt just leave a high paying position and join the unemployment line for nothing. Good luck though.
Count me among the folks that are gonna take Heath’s word over yours

Count me among the folks that are gonna take Heath’s word over yours
Isn't Heath the one that uses the awesome Van Halen tune titled "Dirty Movies" within his introductory and commercial break background??

Just curious. Classic Van Halen tune with killer drum intro...

:cool::cool::D

I can’t frigging stand Jay. Every time he mentions “I got kids y’all” and “I harken back” I want to throw my damn radio across the room. He tries so hard to remind people of how “southern” he is. Mix that with Tommy’s lip smacking and old man noises and 10 minutes into it I’m changing the channel.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT