ADVERTISEMENT

Curious About Athletic Workouts, Weightlifting, Etc.

CavDad62

Sep 9, 2010
Not just with USC, but throughout the country, what are university athletic teams, particularly football, doing for off-season conditioning, weight lifting, etc.

Are they all idle? Are they doing team weight lifting or on-field conditioning? Is each player just trying to do their own thing to stay in shape?

I would hope all schools would be doing to same thing, whatever it is. Otherwise, some schools would be achieving an unfair advantage.

anyone know what the schools-athletic teams are doing?

Not just with USC, but throughout the country, what are university athletic teams, particularly football, doing for off-season conditioning, weight lifting, etc.

Are they all idle? Are they doing team weight lifting or on-field conditioning? Is each player just trying to do their own thing to stay in shape?

I would hope all schools would be doing to same thing, whatever it is. Otherwise, some schools would be achieving an unfair advantage.

I dont know the answer to your question but I do know that the university facilities are closed. I assume that players are working out on their own since all public gyms are closed. If they're lifting, they're probably lifting at a home gym.

I dont know the answer to your question but I do know that the university facilities are closed. I assume that players are working out on their own since all public gyms are closed. If they're lifting, they're probably lifting at a home gym.

Gyms in SC are still open.

under penalty of death, dabo got em passin’ snakes @ rock springs to keep mobility sharp........praise allah!

Reactions: PC31
I dont understand how gyms are open after McMaster issued an executive order banning all gatherings of 3 or more people? Bars and restaurants are closed but gyms can remain open? Are you sure? That makes very little sense.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
The YMCA is Sumter has a two or three week closing period going on.They have 9000 members.

Gyms in NJ are closed. The gym I go to broadcasts live training classes several times per day with their personal trainers at home. It’s a great idea and is getting a lot of participants.

Gyms in SC are still open.

I posted a thread last week about the Planet Fitness in Conway reducing its hours. Since Gov. McMasters put out the announcement of no more than 3 people in a area, they closed until further notice......

There's a couple of privately owned gyms in Conway as well, but I don't frequent those, and haven't checked if they were still in operation....

That sort of defeats the point of asking people to avoid unnecessary trips and practice social distancing, going to a gym.

The Coronavirus is less of a concern to me than obesity, heart disease, depression, and all the other things working out can do to keep healthy.

Social distancing is dumb anyway. Folks cant avoid each other. They have to go to the grocery store, have to work in warehouses that store essential needs, and are still in airports. No one is really going to social distance except those who never lived socially before all this crap

Reactions: reeves819
The Coronavirus is less of a concern to me than obesity, heart disease, depression, and all the other things working out can do to keep healthy.

Social distancing is dumb anyway. Folks cant avoid each other. They have to go to the grocery store, have to work in warehouses that store essential needs, and are still in airports. No one is really going to social distance except those who never lived socially before all this crap
I agree with your premise, if this thing goes on for more than a month, but I don't expect my condition to go from healthy to obese with heart disease in 3 weeks without access to a gym. I can still do push ups and crunches, and take walks, but I do need the convenience of the gym to be in my best shape.

I agree with your premise, if this thing goes on for more than a month, but I don't expect my condition to go from healthy to obese with heart disease in 3 weeks without access to a gym. I can still do push ups and crunches, and take walks, but I do need the convenience of the gym to be in my best shape.
I'm working out at home. I had some gear, bought a flat bench, and have jury rigged a few things.
I bought some of those stretchy bands and looped them over one of the brackets in my closet. I can do tricep pushdowns...surprisingly it works well.

Reactions: bayrooster

That's all a bit disingenuous.

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/progr...teria-was-plot-against-trump-dies-from-virus/

Are you afraid of dying? Are you afraid of elderly loved ones dying? I am not because I realize we all will die. What I am afraid of is not living while I am alive. Cherish every day and staying locked in a house for months over a tiny chance you may die over a virus is stupid. Fortunately I am an essential worker and get to be out all day.
Not afraid of dying but not willing to be a cavalier dumbass with my life.

Is Dabo’s mouth closed?
Ostarine is probably in full swing currently.Laughing

In South Florida, Heaven's Waiting Room, it's not in Lock-Down mode yet but, Parks, Dog Parks, even the Everglades is closed. Some Beaches, not all, are closed. (Those decisions are probably local and/or county calls). All malls closed/ Big Box Stores open, probably because they sell food. Many restaurants are closed and not offering take-out. Just a guess but, probably only the ones with Drive-Thru's are still open. Supermarkets seem to be restocking very slowly but, not with meat/fish/chicken and offering only one 'brand' for products the past 10 days. Very heavy Police Vehicle presence so, obviously, Dunkin Donuts is open but, haven't seen a single uniform outside of a moving/sitting vehicle so, perhaps they're just hoping to be 'seen' and offer a sense of comfort and security to residents. LOL!!! Street Traffic is greatly reduced and schools are closed so, cruising the strip and beach will probably be my up-coming form of recreation.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT