ADVERTISEMENT

Dabo May Be Gone After 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

SportsSuites1

Oct 17, 2007
The adoptive illiterates are buying the hooie but those in the 'know' know when they're getting their finger pulled and despite the outrageous mistake clemson's AD made regarding Dabo's 'buy-out' the tigers money people are gonna' be willing to bite the bullet when he arrives at Willie-B sporting a 6-5 record, has his a$$ handed to him by 'Carolina then looses the 'way out there somewhere' bowl against Wyoming State or some such to go 6-7 ... if THAT happens he's gone.

The 'spin-machine' has been in over-drive a tad too much to suit most tiger-fans who really know tiger-football.

A few told me that if he's less than 9-2 MINIMUM when he arrives in Columbia and then manages to lose that one, too four losses after the pre-season build-up will be too much for them to take ... that they'll 'take' that as Dabo's failure as well as their own for letting their O-coach go and not replacing Dabo with him when they had the chance.

Those guys are big 'c' supporters and they ain't gonna' be happy to see 'Carolina start a new 'streak'. All the BS in the world ain't gonna make up for being 2-6 vs. South Carolina ... THOSE boys are a LONG WAY from being sated by last year's 'bounce' ... another L to Spurrier and they're prepared to pay Dabo to go away.

He thinks he's gonna win a NC ... he 'ought be worried 'bout keeping his job.

The adoptive illiterates are buying the hooie but those in the 'know' know when they're getting their finger pulled and despite the outrageous mistake clemson's AD made regarding Dabo's 'buy-out' the tigers money people are gonna' be willing to bite the bullet when he arrives at Willie-B sporting a 6-5 record, has his a$$ handed to him by 'Carolina then looses the 'way out there somewhere' bowl against Wyoming State or some such to go 6-7 ... if THAT happens he's gone.

The 'spin-machine' has been in over-drive a tad too much to suit most tiger-fans who really know tiger-football.

A few told me that if he's less than 9-2 MINIMUM when he arrives in Columbia and then manages to lose that one, too four losses after the pre-season build-up will be too much for them to take ... that they'll 'take' that as Dabo's failure as well as their own for letting their O-coach go and not replacing Dabo with him when they had the chance.

Those guys are big 'c' supporters and they ain't gonna' be happy to see 'Carolina start a new 'streak'. All the BS in the world ain't gonna make up for being 2-6 vs. South Carolina ... THOSE boys are a LONG WAY from being sated by last year's 'bounce' ... another L to Spurrier and they're prepared to pay Dabo to go away.

sure.

Reactions: AsianOrange

This could not be more wrong about Dabo's job security and the boosters. I know the big Clemson supporters and anyone who said that to you is not one of them. Even if your scenario somehow played out and we had a losing season, Dabo wouldn't even be near the hot seat let alone fired. We know what we have with him and we know where we're going. We are going to try to get him Coach K style tenure at Clemson but we all know that when Saban leaves Bama he will leave us if they want him.

Last edited:

Um, not likely. Maybe if he pulled out a 2-10 season with some sort of off-field scandal.
And, as usual, a ton of 'quotation marked' words in your post that just don't need them.

Fatuousness is boring - what say you cp1275? Yawnnn
Do you have evidence of fatuousness? I am not someone saying that we're going to be world beaters this season but for all the talk on here about Dabo inflating our team each year, all he has done is win double digit games four years in a row. We are one of three teams to finish each of the last four seasons with a higher ranking in the AP than we started with preseason. I mean I know y'all hate it but we are a good team. We may not be a playoff team but we are consistently a top 10-20 team year in and year out right now.

Clemson goes 6-7? Only way that happens is if Watson gets hurt and half the team quits. By the SS1, I thought you were leaving?

Reactions: TygerDude
CP - seek help today. Find a 12 step program that also specializes in mental health immediately. Dont put it off. Anyone who really believes what you said is absolutely friggin insane - cheese dun slid off your cracker cause their aint no way in the pit of hades that Bama EVER hires YabbaDaboDoo to be their HC.

This could not be more wrong about Dabo's job security and the boosters. I know the big Clemson supporters and anyone who said that to you is not one of them. Even if your scenario somehow played out and we had a losing season, Dabo wouldn't even be near the hot seat let alone fired. We know what we have with him and we know where we're going. We are going to try to get him Coach K style tenure at Clemson but we all know that when Saban leaves Bama he will leave us if they want him.
Did you really just say that Bama would hire Dabo??? Good Lord stop gulping the Kool aid, you've overdosed. Everyone outside of Pickens county knows that Morris and Venebles are behind Clemson's recent success. Dabo is a snake oil salesman. He says the right things, waves something shiny in your face, and hypnotize the entire fan base into believing the smoke he blows up your butt. Do yourself a favor and look up Dabo's career head coaching record Vs. Ranked opponents. He can tell everyone in the world how great Clemson is all he wants, but his record against quality ranked opponents says otherwise.

Do you have evidence of fatuousness? I am not someone saying that we're going to be world beaters this season but for all the talk on here about Dabo inflating our team each year, all he has done is win double digit games four years in a row. We are one of three teams to finish each of the last four seasons with a higher ranking in the AP than we started with preseason. I mean I know y'all hate it but we are a good team. We may not be a playoff team but we are consistently a top 10-20 team year in and year out right now.
You don't think your strength of schedule plays a role in those 10 win seasons? 10 wins last year none of which were against a ranked opponent.

What is the color of the sky in your world?

Okay everyone. I said "if they want him" which was a very important part. But y'all are kidding yourselves if don't realize that if Saban were to leave today, at this point in time Dabo would be on the shortlist. If you don't think so, you're wrong.

PLEASE, PLEASE put Dabs under a Coach K type lifetime contract. At the rate he's going against us we will even the series by the time he retires.

Um, not likely. Maybe if he pulled out a 2-10 season with some sort of off-field scandal.
And, as usual, a ton of 'quotation marked' words in your post that just don't need them.

Spoken like the yuppie-wannabe son of a couple who couldn't spell "John" you're an odd duck to offer punctuation lessons. Go share your sentiments with Tad and Buff ...and be sure to alert Sylas and Jaxon, too ... ya' sissy.

You'll never make CSX CEO or Secretary of the Treasury with that moniker.

Spoken like the yuppie-wannabe son of a couple who couldn't spell "John" you're an odd duck to offer punctuation lessons. Go share your sentiments with Tad and Buff ...and be sure to alert Sylas and Jaxon, too ... ya' sissy.

You'll never make CSX CEO or Secretary of the Treasury with that moniker.
1. I'm not offering you lessons. Something tells me I wouldn't be able to tolerate being in the same room with you.
2. Does everyone use their given name as their handle on web forums? If so, what exactly was wrong with your parents, Mr. SportsSuites1?
3. Your google search on the name "Jon Snow" stopped a little short of the actual inspirations...to the wall with you!

SS1 - This will be one of those year's where Dabs has to prove himself. He's not at risk of getting fired. Even if he did go 6-6, Clem would look foolish given Dabs recent success.

But I really do think there are many longtime Clem fans wondering what he will be like without Chad Morris. Dabs took a flyer on a high school coach with one year of college experience and it worked out for him.

Dabs lost 5 games his first year and then lost 7 the year before Morris arrived. Morris arrives and they go 9-3 regular season and win the ACC. Morris saved Dabs job, that is almost without argument.

So if Dabs can keep his run of double digit wins going without Morris then I think a lot of questions about him by longtime Clemmers are removed. But if things go south this year I think there will be many returning to the thinking that Dabo is more salesman than coach.

Reactions: SportsSuites1
Okay everyone. I said "if they want him" which was a very important part. But y'all are kidding yourselves if don't realize that if Saban were to leave today, at this point in time Dabo would be on the shortlist. If you don't think so, you're wrong.
Again, take a few moments to look up Dabo's career head coaching record Vs ranked opponents.... then you'll see who is wrong. Why would Bama even consider hiring a coach with a horrific record vs ranked opponents? You're in a dream world buddy, but soon you're eyes will be opened. The orange meltdown is eminent.

Reactions: SportsSuites1
1. I'm not offering you lessons. Something tells me I wouldn't be able to tolerate being in the same room with you.
2. Does everyone use their given name as their handle on web forums? If so, what exactly was wrong with your parents, Mr. SportsSuites1?
3. Your google search on the name "Jon Snow" stopped a little short of the actual inspirations...to the wall with you!

Didn't take a google search son, I lived in Richmond and enjoyed membership in the Commonwealth Club with "John" when he served as CSX CEO ... before John I also had the pleasure of knowing Prime Osborne when he maintained CSX's HQ's in Jacksonville.

Jon? Maybe Jon Lovitz or Jon Voight or Jon Bon Jovi or Lil John or Jon Stewart ... hey?!!! See a pattern? People who PRETEND for a living. What exactly is the difference between an actor, an entertainer and an impostor? There is none when you spell your name 'jon'. Append 'fraud'.

Reactions: lewlandon
Again, take a few moments to look up Dabo's career head coaching record Vs ranked opponents.... then you'll see who is wrong. Why would Bama even consider hiring a coach with a horrific record vs ranked opponents? You're in a dream world buddy, but soon you're eyes will be opened. The orange meltdown is eminent.
If you really don't think he would be on the shortlist, you have no room to talk about people being delusional. I mean seriously guy, we might have some fans that are delusional but you just couldn't be more wrong on this. He is from Bama, coached there, young and recruits very well. Here is Saturday down south talking about... http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/alabama-football/tailgate-talk-take-alabama-saban-retires/

It's really just not even a question. If somehow Saban hung it up today, Dabo would be one of the first calls they made. And again I said IF THEY WANT HIM. You seem to ignore that over and over.

Sweets - the poster child of Jr's fan base. Nothing more needs to be said.

ANOTHER #1 !!!

A good friend-clemson buddy told me

" ... just check the poster's ID's ... those people don't represent clemson's fan-base ... we aren't afraid to use our own avatars, and we're also not too inclined to visit your boards, either - except to find things out. Real tiger fans rarely post on your site, why would we?"

See many 'long-time' tiger posters here? No. These guys are adoptive wannabe's the majority of which never even attended college, much less clemson.

...but we all know that when Saban leaves Bama he will leave us if they want him.

e6d516b1d0bb5b1ac4549d9fe99b0cae.jpg

I have never seen Dabo on anybodys shortlist. Why would he be on Bamas?

daybo is safe. His buy out is too steep for that to even be in the cards. He sold them a used AMC Pacer at a Bugatti price tag....lol....

Wait, weren't there tots on this board not so long ago bragging that their 400 million donors had raised $5 billion in the last 6 months?

Surely they have the $$$

This post is just stupid. There is NO WAY that Clemmy fires Dabo this year no matter what his record is. The only way he would be fired would be some sort of scandal involving the players.

Listen I hate Gamecocks just like all good Gamecock fans hate us Tigers but I am not ignorant to how good of a coach Spurrier is(and I like him) or how awesome Ray Tanner was. You can legitimately criticize Dabo for how he has handled Battle and other disciplinary situations, say that he doesn't follow his own rules etc. But if you really don't get that he is perceived by the nation as one of the best HC's so early in his career then you're just being ignorant. He already won national coach of the year and that was just in his 3rd full year as HC. I will never like South Carolina's team or garnet and black but I will never be ignorant of what you have and what you don't.

I have never seen Dabo on anybodys shortlist. Why would he be on Bamas?

He wouldn't be.
Bowden gave him his job and the Clemson AD moved him up. Dabo, Fedora and GA Tech's Johnson all really wanted the UT job but it went to Jones coming from Cincinnati, which the UT people thought was a better conference.
UT wanted nothing to do with the ACC.
'Bama wouldn't think of it.
Kem Wilson, Jr. is on the 'Bama Board of Visitors and a Member of the Univ. of Alabama President's Cabinet ... I don't think he'd come in out of the rain to watch an ACC team play football, or even consider hiring an ACC coach for Alabama as their 'head man'.
I know very few SEC rooters who think much of anyone in the ACC 'cept FSU and GA Tech on a 'consistent' basis. Beemer has his moments, Duke has shown some flashes and even Dabo's had some wins against 'down' opponents ... it's playing 'good opponents' when they aren't down that always stymied Dabo. He's 0-fer-lifetime against ready/willing/ranked opponents.

Reactions: BigTomE
He wouldn't be.
Bowden gave him his job and the Clemson AD moved him up. Dabo, Fedora and GA Tech's Johnson all really wanted the UT job but it went to Jones coming from Cincinnati, which the UT people thought was a better conference.
Kem Wilson, Jr. is on the 'Bama Board of Visitors and a Member of the Univ. of Alabama President's Cabinet ... I don't think he'd come in out of the rain to watch an ACC team play football, or even consider hiring an ACC coach for Alabama as their 'head man'.
I know very few SEC rooters who think much of anyone in the ACC 'cept FSU and GA Tech on a 'consistent' basis. Beemer has his moments, Duke has shown some flashes and even Dabo's had some wins against 'down' opponents ... it's playing 'good opponents' when they aren't down that always stymied Dabo. He's 0-fer-lifetime against ready/willing/ranked opponents.
You make the rest of us Gamecocks look bad when you say all this ignorant stuff. Come on man. It's one thing to be a homer but it's another to consistently spout delusional, un-true propaganda and act like they are facts. Do you really believe the things you are typing?

So you're saying they would call Dabo if Saban left? Why would they call him? You seem certain they would call him. So by that logic you are implying they "would want him". Or are you just saying they would call Dabo for advice on who to hire?

He wouldn't be.
So much is wrong with this post but I will be here all day if I keep going... I do love the banter but y'all are wrong on this one.

So you're saying they would call Dabo if Saban left? Why would they call him? You seem certain they would call him. So by that logic you are implying they "would want him". Or are you just saying they would call Dabo for advice on who to hire?
I already answered this question. It's in the thread, go back and read. I also posted a link where it is written by someone at Saturday's down south, click it and read why. It has been talked about a lot of the past couple years and it's just the way it is. I know that bothers some people for some reason. I don't know why, I want y'all to have great coaches and I want them to get their due so that we beat good Gamecock teams every year. I'm sure most Carolina fans are not ignorant about how good Dabo is as HC of a program but there are some on this board who absolutely are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT