ADVERTISEMENT

Dabo May Be Gone After 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you're saying they would call Dabo if Saban left? Why would they call him? You seem certain they would call him. So by that logic you are implying they "would want him". Or are you just saying they would call Dabo for advice on who to hire?
And if you mean I am saying they definitely want him because he would be one of the first people they call... No, no I am not saying that.

I have first pick in my fantasy draft this year and guess what, I have four guys in mind(a short list) that I would take. But I am going to investigate injury history, team situation, etc. before I make my final decision. A short list is the people that you are interested and want to learn more about before you make a final decision.

If you really don't think he would be on the shortlist, you have no room to talk about people being delusional. I mean seriously guy, we might have some fans that are delusional but you just couldn't be more wrong on this. He is from Bama, coached there, young and recruits very well. Here is Saturday down south talking about... http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/alabama-football/tailgate-talk-take-alabama-saban-retires/

It's really just not even a question. If somehow Saban hung it up today, Dabo would be one of the first calls they made. And again I said IF THEY WANT HIM. You seem to ignore that over and over.

Im not ignoring that at all. You're confused. Im proving the point that Bama DOESN'T want him. Speaking of ignoring "guy", did you have a chance to look up Dabo's career head coaching record vs ranked opponents?? You do understand that Clemson, without a doubt, has a horrendous record vs ranked opponents under Dabo, even though Clemson rarely plays ranked opponents? Bama plays one of the toughest schedules year in and year out. Why would Bama even consider hiring a guy that's proven he can beat weaker teams, that he should beat, but can't regularly beat ranked teams? Here's an even better question..... why do you Clemson fans FEEL the need to come to your rivals fan site and sell your coach and your program?? In case you haven't noticed, no one here is buying it nor does anyone here really care.

I already answered this question. It's in the thread, go back and read. I also posted a link where it is written by someone at Saturday's down south, click it and read why. It has been talked about a lot of the past couple years and it's just the way it is. I know that bothers some people for some reason. I don't know why, I want y'all to have great coaches and I want them to get their due so that we beat good Gamecock teams every year. I'm sure most Carolina fans are not ignorant about how good Dabo is as HC of a program but there are some on this board who absolutely are.
The article liked is nothing more than the author's opinion. If I cared, or had the time, I'm sure I can post links for several articles criticizing Dabo's ability as a head coach. Actually, I just read a linked article on this forum last night criticizing Dabo. One article on a site like SDS doesn't make it factual or even a popular opinion.

Im not ignoring that at all. You're confused. Im proving the point that Bama DOESN'T want him. Speaking of ignoring "guy", did you have a chance to look up Dabo's career head coaching record vs ranked opponents?? You do understand that Clemson, without a doubt, has a horrendous record vs ranked opponents under Dabo, even though Clemson rarely plays ranked opponents? Bama plays one of the toughest schedules year in and year out. Why would Bama even consider hiring a guy that's proven he can beat weaker teams, that he should beat, but can't regularly beat ranked teams? Here's an even better question..... why do you Clemson fans FEEL the need to come to your rivals fan site and sell your coach and your program?? In case you haven't noticed, no one here is buying it nor does anyone here really care.
You do realize that Dabo's career started by being thrown into a horrible situation in the middle of a failing season, after which he had to go for years without a team that he recruited or a coaching that he had put together. In the last four years he has beaten atleast 9 top 25 teams that I remember(maybe more) and five top 10 teams. I don't know his record against ranked opponents before that and it really doesn't matter. As you all say, he is a CEO, his strength is recruiting, and since he has been able to do all of those things he has been great. Ignore the coach of the year awards and all the analysts though, that is real delusion.

Reactions: pjs1087
The article liked is nothing more than the author's opinion. If I cared, or had the time, I'm sure I can post links for several articles criticizing Dabo's ability as a head coach. Actually, I just read a linked article on this forum last night criticizing Dabo. One article on a site like SDS doesn't make it factual or even a popular opinion.
Legitimate criticism of how Dabo handles disciplinary situations(which I already said), you can't find an article talking about how bad of an HC he is. If you can, link it.

Sooner or later all schools have to look for other opportunities. There is no doubt in this state which major college will be looking for another coach the soonest.

The question should be is there talent on each staff if a change was made for a rising star or do you try to grab another on the way out - no where else to turn place holder.

" ... He already won national coach of the year and that was just in his 3rd full year as HC."

Huh? Are you referring to that Chik-fil-a 'Bobby Dodd' award from 2012 or the Fellowship of Christian Athletes 'award' he 'won' last year?

If it's the 'former' you need to check the 'requirements' for winning it ... 'cause it ain't 'winning'!!!

Here's a partial list of former 'winners' just from the 90's when Spurrier STARTED winning a bunch of coaching awards (and games, and championships). ALL THESE 'coaches' preceded Dabo as 'Coach of the Year" - same award in the 90's head-to-head with Spurrier's record run at Florida.

George Welsh - UVA
Eddie Robinson - Grambling
Fred Goldsmith - Duke
Bob Sutton - Army
Mike Price - Washington State

I 'blieve "National Coach of the Year" THAT year had 'bout as many people claiming titles as your '81 tigers had to share that 'trophy' with ... depends on WHICH 'group' was making the award!!!

It wasn't UNANIMOUS!!!

" ... He already won national coach of the year and that was just in his 3rd full year as HC."

Huh? Are you referring to that Chik-fil-a 'Bobby Dodd' award from 2012 or the Fellowship of Christian Athletes 'award' he 'won' last year?

If it's the 'former' you need to check the 'requirements' for winning it ... 'cause it ain't 'winning'!!!

Here's a partial list of former 'winners' just from the 90's when Spurrier STARTED winning a bunch of coaching awards (and games, and championships). ALL THESE 'coaches' preceded Dabo as 'Coach of the Year" - same award in the 90's head-to-head with Spurrier's record run at Florida.

George Welsh - UVA
Eddie Robinson - Grambling
Fred Goldsmith - Duke
Bob Sutton - Army
Mike Price - Washington State

I 'blieve "National Coach of the Year" THAT year had 'bout as many people claiming titles as your '81 tigers had to share that 'trophy' with ... depends on WHICH 'group' was making the award!!!

It wasn't UNANIMOUS!!!
Yes, the coach of the year award.

Reactions: pjs1087
Do you have evidence of fatuousness? I am not someone saying that we're going to be world beaters this season but for all the talk on here about Dabo inflating our team each year, all he has done is win double digit games four years in a row. We are one of three teams to finish each of the last four seasons with a higher ranking in the AP than we started with preseason. I mean I know y'all hate it but we are a good team. We may not be a playoff team but we are consistently a top 10-20 team year in and year out right now.
I just watched GAMEDAY and never heard a word about the #12 ranked team in the Nation or the word CLEMSON come out of any of their mouths. Even when they were talking about Notre Dame they did not even say a word about the Tigers when talking about tough games. They picked Ga. tec. Va. tec and Fl st. That speaks volumes, don't you think?

Last edited:
I just watched GAMEDAY and never heard a word about the #12 ranked team in the Nation or the word CLEMSON come out of any of their mouths. Even when they were talking about Notre Dame they did not even say a word about the Tigers when talking about tough games. They picked Ge. tec. Va. tec and Fl st. That speaks volumes, don't you think?
You're right. We suck and are going to have a bad season.

I just watched GAMEDAY and never heard a word about the #12 ranked team in the Nation or the word CLEMSON come out of any of their mouths. Even when they were talking about Notre Dame they did not even say a word about the Tigers when talking about tough games. They picked Ge. tec. Va. tec and Fl st. That speaks volumes, don't you think?
Also weird because we are favored in that game by Vegas and ESPN says that we are 54.8% to win that game. Sounds like they think it's going to be tough one for notre dame.

Also weird because we are favored in that game by Vegas and ESPN says that we are 54.8% to win that game. Sounds like they think it's going to be tough one for notre dame.
They were talking about tough games that Notre Dame had on their schedules and not one word about Clemson from the four of them. In fact when talking about the ACC, not one word about Clemson from any of them. It was Ga. tec. Fla. st. and Va. tec! I was surprised.

They were talking about tough games that Notre Dame had on their schedule and not one word about Clemson from the four of them. In fact when talking about the ACC, not one word about Clemson from any of them. It was Ga. tec. Fla. st. and Va. tec! I was surprised.

They were talking about tough games that Notre Dame had on their schedules and not one word about Clemson from the four of them. In fact when talking about the ACC, not one word about Clemson from any of them. It was Ga. tec. Fla. st. and Va. tec! I was surprised.
That is surprising about not mentioning us as a tough game for ND. But the ACC thing just means they think FSU will beat us in our division, VT and GT are in the other division.

This article was last year. Has Dabo at 8-12 vs ranked opponents. So factor in last year and he is 9-15. Not good but not horrendous as you said.

http://www.teamspeedkills.com/2014/...football-coaches-records-against-ranked-teams

Reactions: cp1275
[QUOTE="cp1275, post: 694506, member: 1282"]Yes, the coach of the year award.[/QUOTE]

Here’s the Associate Press (AP) National “Coach of the Year” Since Dabo’s been a Head Coach

2008 Nick Saban Alabama

2009 Gary Patterson TCU

2010 Chip Kelly Oregon

2011 Les Miles LSU

2012 Brian Kelly Notre Dame

2013 Gus Malzahn Auburn

2014 Gary Patterson TCU

Here’s the NCAA National “Coach of the Year” winner for the same period.

2008 Kyle Whittingham Utah

2009 Chris Petersen Boise State

2010 Gene Chizik Auburn

2011 Mike Gundy Oklahoma State

2012 Bill O'Brien Penn State

2013 Gus Malzahn Auburn

2014 Gary Patterson TCU

No Dabo ‘doo doo’ ... “THE” national coach of the year? I don’t think so.

[QUOTE="cp1275, post: 694506, member: 1282"]Yes, the coach of the year award.

Here’s the Associate Press (AP) National “Coach of the Year” Since Dabo’s been a Head Coach

2008 Nick Saban Alabama

2009 Gary Patterson TCU

2010 Chip Kelly Oregon

2011 Les Miles LSU

2012 Brian Kelly Notre Dame

2013 Gus Malzahn Auburn

2014 Gary Patterson TCU

Here’s the NCAA National “Coach of the Year” winner for the same period.

2008 Kyle Whittingham Utah

2009 Chris Petersen Boise State

2010 Gene Chizik Auburn

2011 Mike Gundy Oklahoma State

2012 Bill O'Brien Penn State

2013 Gus Malzahn Auburn

2014 Gary Patterson TCU

No Dabo ‘doo doo’ ... “THE” national coach of the year? I don’t think so.
[/QUOTE]
I am sorry I should have specified which National Coach of the year award it was. Here are some of the other winners of the Bobby Dodd Coach of the Year award...
Nick Saban
David Cutcliffe
Bill Snyder
Mack Brown
Chris Peterson
Lloyd Carr
Joe Pa and the list goes on.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Dodd_Coach_of_the_Year_Award

Pretty legit company and a pretty legit award. I didn't think the legitimacy of winning a coach of the year award in his third year would be regarded as bogus. That is some serious garnet tint shades bro

Reactions: TygerDude
Look, the only way Bama hires Da-Blo as their hc is if they could somehow retain Saban as their DC and hire someone like Malzahn or Petrino as their OC.

And Da-Blo's record at CU is more of a testament to how easy it is to win at CU in a conference that puts way more emphasis on basketball than it does football than Da-Blo's coaching ability. If he's so good why did CU have to spend twice (or in some cases triple) the $$$ for coordinators that other schools pay?

We'll find out this season how good he is when he takes over for his OC duo when things don't go the way he wants them to...and it will happen at some point. So all you tater tots better strap in tight and get ready for the ride, because it will more than likely be a rough one!

Look, the only way Bama hires Da-Blo as their hc is if they could somehow retain Saban as their DC and hire someone like Malzahn or Petrino as their OC.

And Da-Blo's record at CU is more of a testament to how easy it is to win at CU in a conference that puts way more emphasis on basketball than it does football than Da-Blo's coaching ability. If he's so good why did CU have to spend twice (or in some cases triple) the $$$ for coordinators that other schools pay?

We'll find out this season how good he is when he takes over for his OC duo when things don't go the way he wants them to...and it will happen at some point. So all you tater tots better strap in tight and get ready for the ride, because it will more than likely be a rough one!
They didn't, Dabo took less money so that they could get those coordinators and pay them more money. He knows who to hire and he knows who to recruit. He knows how to motivate and get 100% of a player's ability. Like y'all always say, he is a CEO and you're right. And that's what an HC is nowadays.

If Clemson comes into Williams-Brice with a 5-6 or 6-5 record, I can assure you that the Gamecocks will be no better that 3-8 or 4-7, and neither one of those is likely to happen. Should the Gamecocks lose to UNC, and I believe that this is very possible but not likely, then a 5-7 or 6-6 record is VERY possible for the Gamecocks.

Reactions: gpcocks
They didn't, Dabo took less money so that they could get those coordinators and pay them more money. He knows who to hire and he knows who to recruit. He knows how to motivate and get 100% of a player's ability. Like y'all always say, he is a CEO and you're right. And that's what an HC is nowadays.
How did that 100% work out for you against West Va.?

This article was last year. Has Dabo at 8-12 vs ranked opponents. So factor in last year and he is 9-15. Not good but not horrendous as you said.

http://www.teamspeedkills.com/2014/...football-coaches-records-against-ranked-teams

You're doing 'research' to support tiger claims? Correcting other Gamecocks (BigTomE) adjectives? Why? And on who's authority? Assumed authority? Board police? Self-appointed police?
And you're a Gamecock?
YES!!! - I believe what I write, what part didn't you believe?
Don't worry 'bout me making you look bad ... I don't dress others and speak only for myself.
You, too are on your own ... and 'cept for tigers and the expected fraction appear all alone.
You credit Dabo with a 'ranked team' win in 2014. WHICH team in the final 2014 rankings did the tigers defeat?
Check the final rankings since 2008 ... no way Dabo's beaten nine of those teams. His two wins against 'Carolina weren't ranked teams.

Reactions: BigTomE
How did that 100% work out for you against West Va.?
Listen guy, I didn't come to here to talk any smack about Carolina. The only reason I ever said anything in this thread is because the subject was how Dabo could be fired at the end of this year and that someone heard that from big Clemson sources. I just wrote on here to correct the record because that is 100% false. Then the minority of the Gamecock fans that are completely ignorant kept saying ignorant things so I presented my case as to why they were wrong. You wanna talk about ANOTHER team dropping 70 on us years ago when the team you're talking to has hung up 69 on y'all in Billy Brice? You go right ahead. To the majority of posters on here, I don't mean to bring up old shit my bad, he forced my hand.

Legitimate criticism of how Dabo handles disciplinary situations(which I already said), you can't find an article talking about how bad of an HC he is. If you can, link it.
You do realize that Dabo's career started by being thrown into a horrible situation in the middle of a failing season, after which he had to go for years without a team that he recruited or a coaching that he had put together. In the last four years he has beaten atleast 9 top 25 teams that I remember(maybe more) and five top 10 teams. I don't know his record against ranked opponents before that and it really doesn't matter. As you all say, he is a CEO, his strength is recruiting, and since he has been able to do all of those things he has been great. Ignore the coach of the year awards and all the analysts though, that is real delusion.
You do realize that just last season Dabo was 0-3 Vs. ranked opponents? So, no the record isn't skewed by Dabo's earyly seasons.

2014 record vs ranked opponents: 0 - 3
2013 2 - 2
2012 1 - 2
Were these teams not full of players recruited by Dabo and company?? Damn you guys are brainwashed and simply ignore the facts!!!

Reactions: SportsSuites1
Actually there may be a better chance of Spurrier being gone (not fired!) after this season if USC somehow ends up 4-8 or 5-7, maybe even 6-6. I believe that he would hang it up from just frustration. Clemson very likely would not end up 6-6, and even so I do not believe that Dabo would be fired. I will say that this season is going to be very interesting to see just where things might be with the Clemson and USC programs. Has Clemson finally turned the corner and making a move to be a legitimate contender, or are they, as the Stock Market, going to have a fall back? Has USC's glorious run come to an end where thing may dip even lower, or was last year just an anomaly and the Gamecocks are due to dominate the SEC East? I believe that this season may shed the light on all of this.

You do realize that just last season Dabo was 0-3 Vs. ranked opponents? So, no the record isn't skewed by Dabo's earyly seasons.

2013 2 - 2
2012 1 - 2
Were these teams not full of players recruited by Dabo and company?? Damn you guys are brainwashed and simply ignore the facts!!!
Just to compare Spurrier's record Vs ranked opponents during the same time period
2014 Spurrier's worst season at SC 1 -3 Vs ranked opponents
2013 3 - 1 vs ranked opponents
2012 4 - 2 vs ranked opponents
so during the same time periods Dabo is 3 - 7 vs ranked opponents while Sourrier is 8 - 6.
Dabo can keep the recruiting championships because, as it turns out, they're not all they're cracked up to be.

Reactions: SportsSuites1
cp1275 wrote:

"I don't mean to bring up old shit ... he forced my hand."

Please refrain from referencing your hand and scat in the same sentence; we encourage our young people to use toilet tissue.

And it was 63 not 69 when we were 5-7 and not very good at all, no sir.

It's easier for me to recall the '75 game when we laid 56 on you.

The funniest thing that day was Jeff Grantz played the entire second half in his baseball cap and Clemson still never laid a finger on him.

2013 2 - 2
2012 1 - 2

Last year we were 1-3 against ranked opponents, Louisville was ranked even though people here apparently think they sucked. The first game was at UGA in which Cole was the starting QB, the other was at FSU which Cole started though DW got good PT but we still did everything we could to give that game away, and the third ranked loss was at GT when DW tore his ACL in the first quarter. Not really a fair to blame Dabo for those.

I mean again you guys think what you want, I only came here to say there is ZERO, absolutely no chance that Dabo will be fired in 2015 no matter what happens. Keep thinking that Dabo is a bad coach and that we will never be good @BigTomE ignorance is bliss

Reactions: TygerDude
cp1275 wrote:

"I don't mean to bring up old shit ... he forced my hand."

Please refrain from referencing your hand and scat in the same sentence; we encourage our young people to use toilet tissue.

And it was 63 not 69 when we were 5-7 and not very good at all, no sir.

It's easier for me to recall the '75 game when we laid 56 on you.

The funniest thing that day was Jeff Grantz played the entire second half in his baseball cap and Clemson still never laid a finger on him.
I meant 63 but the point differential was far worse than us against WVU and it was in your stadium. But again I don't care about that, it's old stuff that is completely irrelevant. Y'all are a much different team and so are we. Your boy just wanted to bring up another team's victory and ride those coat tails when he is talking to the school that did far worse to his own team in his own house. I didn't want to bring up any of it, both of our programs used to be weak and now they're both nationally relevant year in and year out. I just can't get past the level of football ignorance of a small few here.

Last year we were 1-3 against ranked opponents, Louisville was ranked even though people here apparently think they sucked. The first game was at UGA in which Cole was the starting QB, the other was at FSU which Cole started though DW got good PT but we still did everything we could to give that game away, and the third ranked loss was at GT when DW tore his ACL in the first quarter. Not really a fair to blame Dabo for those.

I mean again you guys think what you want, I only came here to say there is ZERO, absolutely no chance that Dabo will be fired in 2015 no matter what happens. Keep thinking that Dabo is a bad coach and that we will never be good @BigTomE ignorance is bliss
In your long list of excuses you forgot to mention that Louisville was playing without their biggest playmaker due to injury.

In your long list of excuses you forgot to mention that Louisville was playing without their biggest playmaker due to injury.
Are you forgetting that Deshaun broke his hand in the first quarter when it was 0-0 and we won with Cole? Tell me which team was missing more of a playmaker guy

Soo much ignorance I can't handle it

Reactions: mplang

Ignorance?? You choose to ignore Dabo's record vs ranked opponents, not me. Who's the ignorant person in this communication? You are entitled to your opinion, just as I am. The difference is I choose to base my opinions on fact, and not the smoke Dabo blows up your behinds. The majority of Clemson's 10 win seasons are against unranked, weaker opponents and you guys brag about it. Look at the records vs evenly matched ranked opponents nad the facts do not lie. Based on the SOS Dabo has played, he hasn't done anything special. Any mediocre coach would have had the same mediocre success playing that same SOS year after year. When Dabo has a winning record vs quality opponents (ranked), then I'll admit he's a good coach. Until then, he's mediocre coach at best, and a quality salesman for the program.

Are you forgetting that Deshaun broke his hand in the first quarter when it was 0-0 and we won with Cole? Tell me which team was missing more of a playmaker guy

Soo much ignorance I can't handle it
But wait, Dabo recruited Stout correct? With the intention of Stout eventually being the starting QB? Dabo the great recruiter signed a QB so talentless that a Freshman beat him out and took his position? That doesn't fit your narrative that Dabo is a great recruiter, does it? Wasn't Stout the talk of Pickens county for 2 or 3 seasons, just like every other QB to wear an orange jersey for Dabo? But all of a sudden you turncoats turn on the kid and act like he wasn't talented enough to be a third string guy.

Ignorance?? You choose to ignore Dabo's record vs ranked opponents, not me. Who's the ignorant person in this communication? You are entitled to your opinion, just as I am. The difference is I choose to base my opinions on fact, and not the smoke Dabo blows up your behinds. The majority of Clemson's 10 win seasons are against unranked, weaker opponents and you guys brag about it. Look at the records vs evenly matched ranked opponents nad the facts do not lie. Based on the SOS Dabo has played, he hasn't done anything special. Any mediocre coach would have had the same mediocre success playing that same SOS year after year. When Dabo has a winning record vs quality opponents (ranked), then I'll admit he's a good coach. Until then, he's mediocre coach at best, and a quality salesman for the program.
No I am not ignoring his record against ranked opponents, another ignorant statement. All I have said is that today he would be on Alabama's shortlist and that he is a good HC. Being a good coach is about way more than a few years of a 9-15 record against ranked opponents. It's about building a program, becoming nationally relevant, getting the best recruits to come to a school that ten years ago they never would have even looked at, and yes it is about winning games ranked or not. I never brought up anything about his record against ranked opponents nor did I ignore it, y'all brought that up. I know how it's been against ranked opponents, no one knows better than a Clemson fan. Is he Steve Spurrier in his first 6 years as an HC? No, he is not one of the best coaches of all time like steve out of the box, that's a completely absurd comparison. But what he has done thus far is insanely impressive for someone in his situation and all the signs look like he's only getting better.

I'm ignorant? Maybe you haven't noticed but you're on a Gamecocks fan site trying to sell your coach and your program to rival fans. Your argument is based solely on your opinion and not supported by fact. Actually the facts laid out completely contradict your opinion, and you simply choose to ignore them.
If you're here to have a communication about football, then I welcome anyone and everyone. Start throwing names and insults around and maybe you should consider taking your sales pitch back to tigernet?

But wait, Dabo recruited Stout correct? With the intention of Stout eventually being the starting QB? Dabo the great recruiter signed a QB so talentless that a Freshman beat him out and took his position? That doesn't fit your narrative that Dabo is a great recruiter, does it? Wasn't Stout the talk of Pickens county for 2 or 3 seasons, just like every other QB to wear an orange jersey for Dabo? But all of a sudden you turncoats turn on the kid and act like he wasn't talented enough to be a third string guy.
Deshaun Watson would have beat out any QB on any team. If he had one more pass attempt last year he would have had the highest passer rating in the country ahead of mariotta but he was literally one attempt shy. And no, Cole Stoudt was absolutely never recruited to be the starter here, his other offers were like Wyoming and somewhere else stupid. We got in a bad situation with Chad Kelly, the elite 11 QB that he recruited if you'll remember(more ignorance) and no, no one was ever saying that Cole was going to be a hero in Pickens County(more ridiculous).

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT