ADVERTISEMENT

Dabo on Finnebaum

Status
Not open for further replies.
You just spent 10+ years pulling for one of the biggest jerks in all of sports (on the field and in the press conference room at least) but you couldn't pull for Swinney? It's ok to be a redneck sometimes and have class about yourself.

Most of hate other teams and people only because they win or a rival. Most of the crap spewed on here about Swinneyxis pretty unfounded. If Swinney was in Columbia and had the same success you'd love him.

I don't like Urban Meyer, Spurrier, Tyler Hansbrough, Joakin Noah, etc be they are winners and any small thing they do I use(d) it validate my hatred. Fact is if they were in Lexington on the sidelines/bench, I'd absolutely love them and defend them til the end.

Why are Clemson fans on here promoting dipshit Dabo Swinney when Steve Spurrier just retired. Finebaum is foolish for having him on the SEC Network. No one cares what Dabo's opinion is about anything to do with college football, especially his opinion about the career of Steve Spurrier.

damn that video of dabo in lsu game was awesome i have never seen that.
how can kid not want to play for him.
I think Elliot will get this turned around quicker than Dabo turned it around at clemson

Some of yall are silly. I would let Hillary Clinton coach here if she could straighten out the program and win a natty

After Mangus pissed on the sidewalk in downtown Greenville he played the "don't you know who I am card." Just saying.

Other than the attitude that came across in Dabo's rant against SC, what did he say that wasn't true?
What did he "rant" that wasn't true ... "Carolina is in Chapel Hill" - the correct answer is Columbia, SC
"USC is in California" - the correct answer is South Carolina
"The University in this state is now, always has been and always will be in Clemson" - the correct answer is Columbia
This Dabo rant is insulting to most South Carolinians and was completely unnecessary. Frank Howard didn't love Clemson any less than Dabo or despise USC any more than Dabo and he never would have made these comments. Danny Ford would never have made these comments.

[
Don't think that has anything to do with it. Using religion as a recruiting tool is classless. I would be embarrassed if our coaches were telling 16-17 year old kids "God wants you to come here". It's unethical, IMHO.

You don't honestly believe that.

Dabo Swinney is a class act, few on this site will agree, but so be it
The staged rant running down my university was "classy"? Oh, when he took it back it was ? That's right he didn't. I cannot for the life of me see how any Carolina fan can look past that moment. Ever. Maybe it's just me.

Last edited:
Reactions: NetworkX
Some of yall are silly. I would let Hillary Clinton coach here if she could straighten out the program and win a natty

Don't think I would/will sell my soul to the devil for football wins, but that's just me.

Why are Clemson fans on here promoting dipshit Dabo Swinney when Steve Spurrier just retired. Finebaum is foolish for having him on the SEC Network. No one cares what Dabo's opinion is about anything to do with college football, especially his opinion about the career of Steve Spurrier.

Our free board is just like this one but I just can't get over the amount of hate and distrust y'all have for Dabo. It's crazy.

Our free board is just like this one but I just can't get over the amount of hate and distrust y'all have for Dabo. It's crazy.
Dabo and the whole cu "family" including you can kiss my big ole butt. I dislike every thing about cu since the rant. GO TO HELL!!

Dabo Swinney (Sunday ACC teleconference)

"It took my breath away, Swinney said. I was watching it and it just breaks my heart. I mean I just hurt for him and his family and his teammates. This is a guy that to me represents all the good things that college football should be about. He's a guy I know personally, he's a class young man and so is his family. I know how hard he has worked."

"Just absolutely took my breath away. I was watching it, and it breaks my heart. I am sorry for him and his family. This is a guy that represents all the good things that college football should be about. He is a class young man and so is his family and I know how hard he worked. "

"If there is anybody I would bet on it is Marcus Lattimore. I know it will be a long process but I tell you what, I would put my money on Marcus Lattimore In a heartbeat. When he comes to terms with this, he will do everything he can to come back. My prayers go out to him and his family. I have been heavy-hearted for him. He is a winner in every regard. Hopefully we haven't seen the last of him from a football standpoint. He has been a great representative for his family and his university. I will lift him up in my prayers."

On Monday, a pep rally was held in Columbia in honor of Lattimore's 21st birthday and a chance for Gamecock fans to wish the running back well on his long road to recovery. Spurrier took to the podium and gave his own unique way of complimenting the Clemson head coach for his words on Lattimore.

Steve Spurrier (Monday at Lattimore pep rally)

A lot of quotes came across the country and I read one today from the head coach at our Upstate school. You know, that school that used to beat us a lot that doesn't beat us much anymore, that one. Usually when that coach up there talks about South Carolina it's a bunch of garbage and a bunch of BS usually. But I have to agree with him on what he said the other day. He said, 'Marcus Lattimore stands for what's right about college football.'

Total class.

Do you have one example , any example , a possibility of an example to prove Dabo does that , post a link or I don't believe you .. I will be waiting , and by the way , honesty is related to ethics . If you can't do it , chances are you are experiencing an " ethical crisis"...

I don't care if you believe me or not. I read an interview from a Clemson recruit that said so. Are you calling a Clemson player a liar? Or was he having an ethical crisis?

Dabo Swinney (Sunday ACC teleconference)

"It took my breath away, Swinney said. I was watching it and it just breaks my heart. I mean I just hurt for him and his family and his teammates. This is a guy that to me represents all the good things that college football should be about. He's a guy I know personally, he's a class young man and so is his family. I know how hard he has worked."

"Just absolutely took my breath away. I was watching it, and it breaks my heart. I am sorry for him and his family. This is a guy that represents all the good things that college football should be about. He is a class young man and so is his family and I know how hard he worked. "

"If there is anybody I would bet on it is Marcus Lattimore. I know it will be a long process but I tell you what, I would put my money on Marcus Lattimore In a heartbeat. When he comes to terms with this, he will do everything he can to come back. My prayers go out to him and his family. I have been heavy-hearted for him. He is a winner in every regard. Hopefully we haven't seen the last of him from a football standpoint. He has been a great representative for his family and his university. I will lift him up in my prayers."

On Monday, a pep rally was held in Columbia in honor of Lattimore's 21st birthday and a chance for Gamecock fans to wish the running back well on his long road to recovery. Spurrier took to the podium and gave his own unique way of complimenting the Clemson head coach for his words on Lattimore.

Steve Spurrier (Monday at Lattimore pep rally)

A lot of quotes came across the country and I read one today from the head coach at our Upstate school. You know, that school that used to beat us a lot that doesn't beat us much anymore, that one. Usually when that coach up there talks about South Carolina it's a bunch of garbage and a bunch of BS usually. But I have to agree with him on what he said the other day. He said, 'Marcus Lattimore stands for what's right about college football.'

Total class.
Simple, Spurrier was just not letting him off the hook for the rant which was the bs and garbage he was talking about. Sorry cuz, some things you just can't take back once they are said, no matter how much making up you try. The rant is one of them. And anyway, his comments on Latt weren't even trying to make up. while his reaction to the injury may have been legit (heck everyone felt that way), the response was also a good marketing/recruiting tactic.

No matter how good of a coach he is or ever will be...He is a better Cheerleader
No matter how nice or sincere he seems to be when he wants to...He is as fake a three dollar bill.
With that being said he is the perfect coach for them orange kool-aid drinking Taters...

How old are you? Just curious if you remember a time when not everything had a link.
I remember a time you didn't need a link because people didn't lie just to further their agenda.
This thread has said " Dabo is not a Christian and" Dabo told 16 and 17 year olds to come to CU because God wanted them to".That is a plain lie.

Reactions: jblanken64
I remember a time you didn't need a link because people didn't lie just to further their agenda.
This thread has said " Dabo is not a Christian and" Dabo told 16 and 17 year olds to come to CU because God wanted them to".That is a plain lie.
Fwiw, I was kidding with my "Tis true" post. That said, Dabo does not act like a Christian. I don't think I need a link to say that. It's fairly obvious to even a casual observer. I have no idea what he says to recruits. I do know that he told Clowney that he loved him, so that's a little odd.

I am certain there is no way I could ever change your opinion on Dabo. I feel like the way he treats his players, staff, and fan base is a much more powerful indicator of who he is as a person than his tendency to talk too much. He has been vocal in the past about his faith, but you are overstating how much he "exploits" it. Not saying there haven't been a couple of instances that were iffy, but it's not what you are making it out to be.

He is a lot of things, and I could even agree with you on him being goofy at times, but I just don't see the "fake" person you describe. Sorry. He ain't the boogie man.
That is what a cult leader does. They convince the flock they are the opposite of what they really are.

Fwiw, I was kidding with my "Tis true" post. That said, Dabo does not act like a Christian. I don't think I need a link to say that. It's fairly obvious to even a casual observer. I have no idea what he says to recruits. I do know that he told Clowney that he loved him, so that's a little odd.
Dabo is different , I will admit that. When he was hired I flipped out ,he has done a respectable job . No Clemsom fan would argue that Spurrier was not a better X and O coach..

Trying to convince SC fans they should respect Dabo?

reading-ikea-intructions-big-lebowski-confused.gif

Dabo Swinney is a class act, few on this site will agree, but so be it
If you want to call a hypocrite and bull shit artist a class act. I continue to be amazed at those who cannot see this little person for what he really is.

Reactions: mbsurfside
I can promise you I wouldn't have. There's a difference between being a jerk (like I thought about Spurrier) and being someone who exploits religion. I can't back someone who exploits religion for personal gain.
Yep, that's a paraphrase of one of the 10 Commandments - Thow shalt not take the Lord's name in vain.

I can promise you I wouldn't have. There's a difference between being a jerk (like I thought about Spurrier) and being someone who exploits religion. I can't back someone who exploits religion for personal gain.
Good friend of mine goes to church with him and based on what he’s told me, I seriously doubt he “exploits” religion. Actually does almost the opposite by using any time he can get to promote his faith and being a Christian. Good for him.

Reactions: flyfisher29640
I really don't understand this problem with a coach being a Christian??? Mark Richt always thanked and blessed God but the vitriol on this board never criticized Richt staff n the same manner. Dabo never once exploited the baptisms! It has always been the media or players that made this a spectacle. If anyone has a problem with someone spreading Christianity especially in the South then you need to check your "Self"!! Believer or not? But trying to build more morality in a system should never be poo-poo'd. Dabo lover or not but if morals are taught among our young the better we will all be! Take the religious facade out, people are better with morals!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT