ADVERTISEMENT

Dabo putting up almost as many

Oct 19, 2012
Uh Um(s) as LSU points on the scoreboard follow by a less than confident "and um see if we can get back here next year" closely followed with Trevor's words that will live in college football infamy "It Sucks" said the guy who "folded like a lawn chair" was 18-of-37 for 234 yards, 49 rush yds, 1 rush TD in the loss.

Last edited:
Reactions: PC31
Clemson tried to gimmick their defense with that 3-1-7 look and it backfired on them. Then the wheels came off when LSU's DBs starting jamming the Clemson WRs and not allowing them to get in their routes. Lawrence looked like an ordinary QB and Burrow looked like Joe Namath.

I did watch the last few mins of the game. I agree. Dabo would have tried to score to run it up a bit. He does that a lot.

I’m glad LSU didn’t. It was classy to just run the clock out. That’s the way you play the game regardless of what Dabo would have done.

I was thinking the exact same thing last night. Dabo might be the only coach in America who would have tried to score on that last drive.

Dabo looks like Trevor’s kid brother just hanging out on the podium in that video.

Ah Um(s) as LSU points on the scoreboard follow by a less than confident "and um see if we can get back here next year" closely followed with Trevor's words that will live in college football infamy "It Sucks" said the guy who was 18-of-37 for 234 yards. He ran for a touchdown in the loss.

Burrow was responsible for 6 TDs. He's gone now. clemson returns a slew of 5
As will another SEC team or two.
True. Would be nice if one could be us (ever). Joe is gone. He was partly responsible for every TD last night passing or running. I'm not saying LSU can't be back in it. But the path isn't as easy as clemson's.

I thought Dabo was gonna french Lawrence on the sideline near the end of the game. Lawrence seemed somewhat disinterested.
At some point, you gotta say "Coach, you're getting uncomfortably close". He did same thing with the linebacker that got ejected. I think he points to the camera guys and yells "on me in 3-2-1" right before he gives one of those made for tv pep talks to a player so Herbstreit can sing praises about how Dabo's a player's coach. All scripted

I did watch the last few mins of the game. I agree. Dabo would have tried to score to run it up a bit. He does that a lot.

I’m glad LSU didn’t. It was classy to just run the clock out. That’s the way you play the game regardless of what Dabo would have done.
That's because Dabo likes to point at the score and say, we beat so and so by this many points.

Reactions: Expro19 and BigTomE
I started to understand the Eli Manning Trevor Lawrence comparisons more as I watched this game

At some point, you gotta say "Coach, you're getting uncomfortably close". He did same thing with the linebacker that got ejected. I think he points to the camera guys and yells "on me in 3-2-1" right before he gives one of those made for tv pep talks to a player so Herbstreit can sing praises about how Dabo's a player's coach. All scripted
100% datboy and Kurt Herbstreit have splashed DNA on each other. 100%

Reactions: carolinamyke
I despised roy williams for a decade until in highlands, nc, I passed him walking down the street and he moved his group of people out of the way, said excuse us, and have a great night. It came out the next week that he'd been diagnosed with cancer. That kind of changed my perspective on how I view public figures.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Peyton, I thought announcers said.

They did say Peyton during the game, other media like Steven A Smith who i dont agree with much was comparing him to Eli and I could see it more in the LSU game,

Stephen A. Smith ‘not impressed’ with Clemson’s Trevor Lawrence, compares him to Eli Manning
Updated Jan 13, 2020;Posted Jan 13, 2020

“I’m not impressed with Lawrence in this game,” Smith said. "I’ve counted 10 overthrows. “10 ... at the site of pressure. I thought he was a college superstar. Not ELI Manning.

corrected by GB
DJU said hello

Well aware of Stephen A.'s comments.
I am speaking about the TV announcers comments during the 2 playoff games. And the ESPN mini stories the last 2 years that we had to endure.
You correct about Tuesday "First Take".

Last edited:
Dabo ran it up on us in 2018. First and goal with about 40 seconds left and still had his first string in running plays trying to score. Two knees and the game was over.

Then he runs onto the field with rest of the team and fans as they were spotting the ball to give USC one last play.

I'm not sure I'd classify him as a narcissist but he definitely has a bit of an inflated ego in my opinion.

The same game where he was running plays with 18 seconds left in the game? He's the only coach in America who wouldn't have taken a knee in that instance.
Yeah a dive up the middle on fourth and eight.. he takes a knee and guess what... it’s turned over on downs. The clock stops then but I guess that would be his fault too. Oh, and when Alabama stopped him at the four, the next play was to take a knee to run out the clock. You might want to get your facts straight

Like Dabo has NEVER run the score up before... EVER.. right. right.. ok.
Go ahead let’s hear an example. If you can’t stop the other teams backup players then that’s on you. Dabo takes the starters out early all the time. There was a reason Etienne had five carries in the fourth quarter during the regular season

Dabo ran it up on us in 2018. First and goal with about 40 seconds left and still had his first string in running plays trying to score. Two knees and the game was over.

Then he runs onto the field with rest of the team and fans as they were spotting the ball to give USC one last play.

I'm not sure I'd classify him as a narcissist but he definitely has a bit of an inflated ego in my opinion.
Did you not read the other responses... enuf said.

Nope. Didn’t need to because I know this notion of running up the score is ridiculous
Right, Dabo running up the score is ridiculous.

You know some taters just don't know when to quit. Case in point, Dutch_Peacheater and Dabo.

This is gonna hurt you more than it does me...

Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney was asked early this season about his philosophy on running up the score on opponents.

His response following the Tigers' 52-10 over the Charlotte 49ers in September, "We want to beat the opponent, but we never want to embarrass anyone. We could have won by 100 points if we had left Trevor in."

With the Tigers up 49-10, after recovering a muffed punt by N.C. State, Swinney seemingly channeled his inner Steve Spurrier and went for the jugular.

Following a timeout from NC State and the ball on the 1-yard line, Swinney called a pass play before allowing true freshman Mikey Dukes to put over the half-century mark.

https://thetandd.com/sports/clemson...cle_fd16723e-978f-5e6d-be35-fd28fdde8678.html

Yes, that’s a grown man scolding his kicker – who, granted, was just five for eight on kicks this season – for missing a field goal that would put the Tigers UP BY 31 POINTS AT THE HALF!

It’s the Dabo Swinney that, in 2017 being up by 10 points with less than a minute to go in the game, goes for another touchdown against FSU football and uses the excuse of needing to run up the score because of the impending College Football Playoff and their selection committee.

It’s the same Dabo Swinney who appeared to be upset when the Tigers couldn’t get off a final play this weekend against the Seminoles and score another touchdown – because a 38 point victory is going to look much better than a 31 point win, right?

https://chopchat.com/2019/10/13/fsu-football-dabo-swinney-shows-no-class-blowout-win/

Now with all due respect PLEASE & THANK YOU... STFD and STFU.

Last edited:
Yeah a dive up the middle on fourth and eight.. he takes a knee and guess what... it’s turned over on downs. The clock stops then but I guess that would be his fault too. Oh, and when Alabama stopped him at the four, the next play was to take a knee to run out the clock. You might want to get your facts straight
Everything I said was true. Clemson was up by 2 TDs. There was no point in running a play. Don't get your panties in a wad when someone points out something that was low class when that's exactly what it was. Also you completely ignored the post directly above you that stated that it was first and goal with 40 seconds left. The game was over. He had Clemson rushing plays trying to get an extra score. He was worried about margin of victory. Period

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT