ADVERTISEMENT

Dabo still using state planes

Well...I would think the planes are housed in Columbia. So is CU paying for it to be flown from Columbia to Clemson and back to Columbia?

They should not be able to use them. If they want to fly and pretend to be a big dog, then they should buy their own. I seriously don't they were paying for he use of the planes.... And even if they were, I wouldn't be surprised if it was was state funds given to them.

I'm not sure that we need the planes at all. It doesn't take too long to drive to any part of the state. That said if we have them for state business, and it is more cost efficient to let state universities to use them, then why not. I would want it to be done fairly mind you. I don't want them made available for Clemson anytime they want or for them to be first in line on important weekends because the Governor is a fan.

well what the hell do you expect.........the crop duster was out of commission

Originally posted by usaguy40:
At $41.7 billion, agribusiness remains South Carolina's No. 1 industry

Naked, Hungry and Homeless is a Helluva way to go through life.

I would think Mr. Haney could come up with something for the Hooterville crowd. Or are they in Pixley?

Originally posted by ClemsonGentleman:

At $41.7 billion, agribusiness remains South Carolina's No. 1 industry

Naked, Hungry and Homeless is a Helluva way to go through life.
How is this relevant to Clemson's illegal use of state-owned planes to aid recruiting?

You cited a statement in a commentary from the Southeast Farm Express. (figures) This was a study prepared and delivered to the Palmetto Agribusiness Council. Last I checked the state of South Carolina's #1 industry was tourism and has been for quite some time. I think your statement has 0 merit...I mean your figures weren't even correct, it was 33.9 billion which includes both agriculture and forestry. I noticed forestry, not agriculture being the biggest chuck of the 33.9 billion.

If they need a plane, they can charter one. Get some "uncle money". There are plenty of charter operators around. The State airplane is not a charter aircraft and using it as such without FAA cerificates can result in fines/grounding. "Paying the expenses" is a cover and in no way compensates the state and taxpayers for the use of the asset. Can you as a citizen now offer to "cover the expenses" and get the plane? Not likely.

This boondoggle should be shut down. Very bad look for the state.

Originally posted by Gamecock in Fort Mill:

You cited a statement in a commentary from the Southeast Farm Express. (figures) This was a study prepared and delivered to the Palmetto Agribusiness Council. Last I checked the state of South Carolina's #1 industry was tourism and has been for quite some time. I think your statement has 0 merit...I mean your figures weren't even correct, it was 33.9 billion which includes both agriculture and forestry. I noticed forestry, not agriculture being the biggest chuck of the 33.9 billion.
What are you citing?

http://www.goupstate.com/article/20150215/articles/150219763

By the way, you'll find a Forestry degree at Clemson, too.

Surely you don't add golf to tourism?

This post was edited on 2/18 3:21 PM by ClemsonGentleman

You mean college football's most elite school doesn't have their own plane???

No, Clemson cannot afford a plane, all their money going into the new football officies. They call themselves elite but nothing could be farther from the truth. Each year they are falling farther behind in the arms race and before long, Dabo's schemes and sales pitches are going to playout.You cannot compete being an ACC school with the Southeastern Conference. Clemson Gentleman, go back over to Tater Net and order your season tickets for Wake, Syracuse, NC State, Virginia , Furman, etc. That should really get you excited.

I think they could perch Dimbo up on a slightly oversized drone and cart him off anywhere he needs to go.
happy0001.r191677.gif

Clemsux needs all the edges that they can get with the athletic dept. money deficit that they have against USC. That SEC money sure looks good Taters. lol
This post was edited on 2/18 4:48 PM by Gamecock_72

Clempsum cheating! Imagine that...........The Orange and Purple faithful need to pony up for Datbo a plane!

Originally posted by NorthCowpensCock:
Despite the recruiting ban, Clemson still uses the planes heavily.

could this not be considered a violation?
Not a recruiting violation, but very typical of how that outfit operates. Collude with the academic administration so that you can Lie to get what you want. Use others discard them and proclaim to the world what a righteous and sainted person you are!

Originally posted by MANAFOLD:

No, Clemson cannot afford a plane, all their money going into the new football officies. They call themselves elite but nothing could be farther from the truth. Each year they are falling farther behind in the arms race and before long, Dabo's schemes and sales pitches are going to playout.You cannot compete being an ACC school with the Southeastern Conference. Clemson Gentleman, go back over to Tater Net and order your season tickets for Wake, Syracuse, NC State, Virginia , Furman, etc. That should really get you excited.
quote from the article: "Like USC, Clemson owned two planes until 2011, when it sold one of its aircraft and began to rely more on state-owned planes, saying, in part, the move saved money."

Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/2015/02/17/3994549_clemson-other-sc-colleges-could.html?rh=1#storylink=cpy
they used to own two planes, but sold them to save money. mighty interesting how this has all unfolded under the watch of a tater govn'r. I think it does show how the taters are stretched pretty thin financially trying to keep with everyone else though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT