ADVERTISEMENT

Dabo, the coronavirus and CFP

southflcock

Nov 6, 2001
Dabo is hell- bent on playing this fall. He knows if the season is not completed this fall the likelihood that many of his players will opt out if season is-continued in spring. He is very likely to lose Rapunzel and their prized back they stole from the bayou. He purposely infected most of the team with coronavirus so the likelihood of positive tests is much lower. He’ll likely not lose any key players to the virus. The other ACC teams minus maybe UNC if they get many positive tests will lose key players for weeks. Their schedule is so porous minus a trip to South Bend that they will run the gamut. Their trip to the CFP without big10 and pac12 will be easy, rapunzel is likely to win the heisman and another MNC before he leaves for the NFL. Your thoughts?

I dislike Clemson as much as the next guy, but Dabo has built what we envy and desire to have one day. He has put guys around him to be successful and that has led to conference and national titles. We can get pissed and say "they cheated" "they play in the acc", whatever else one can think of, the problem is they have handed us out butts for the last six years. We have just a good of a chance stopping them as any other team they face each year. Put up or shut up time for Muschamp and staff (and I'm not talking just about Clemson, but every freaking team we play) No more built in excuses. Win now. There is too much money being thrown around by season ticket holders, donors/boosters, etc. to not be able to put a team out there that consistently wins 7/8/9 games a year.
You want to know the difference between us and Clemson? They didn't make excuses when we were pounding them five years in a row... they kept grinding to get better each and every year and look at where they are now.

Without looking name 1 OSU starter ? Clemson would beat them by 10
Doesn't matter if I don't know their names. What I do know is they looked better then Clemson last year and they are returning most of their players from last year. It's obviously an argument that can't be won since they have opted out.

Reactions: Lakecock1
Dabo has the best program in the country. You think the Big10 or 12 any of those teams could beat Clemson. You're dreaming.

You’re right. But playing the second half of your roster for 15 min every game is a luxury only they have. Heck the Swinney and Venables boys get in.
I know they can’t help who they play. But did a scenario so perfect for sustained success HAVE to be our rival? Out of all the schools in the country. And it’s Clemson!

Dabo is hell- bent on playing this fall. He knows if the season is not completed this fall the likelihood that many of his players will opt out if season is-continued in spring. He is very likely to lose Rapunzel and their prized back they stole from the bayou. He purposely infected most of the team with coronavirus so the likelihood of positive tests is much lower. He’ll likely not lose any key players to the virus. The other ACC teams minus maybe UNC if they get many positive tests will lose key players for weeks. Their schedule is so porous minus a trip to South Bend that they will run the gamut. Their trip to the CFP without big10 and pac12 will be easy, rapunzel is likely to win the heisman and another MNC before he leaves for the NFL. Your thoughts?
I wish we were in a position to have his particular concerns.

Reactions: GivEmDaSpurs
Doesn't matter if I don't know their names. What I do know is they looked better then Clemson last year and they are returning most of their players from last year. It's obviously an argument that can't be won since they have opted out.
Ohio State would have been excellent this year. In a sense, they are being robbed about the same way our WBB team was likely robbed. The only difference is that our own league didn't do it to us.

Dabo has no apologizing to do to anyone. He has what we gamecocks have always wanted, a solid, winning, sustainable program. As for who takes it this year, forget it. It's still not happening. There will be no season

Clemson is loaded and deep. They have a good shot at winning it all next year too. I don’t think Dabo is very stressed about it.

Reactions: Zann77
Dabo derangement syndrome

I bet Ryan Day is hell bent on playing too. The difference is he doesn't have the same support from the administration & conference. Corona has a 0.05% death rate...time to move on.

Is your ass jealous of
Is your ass jealous the shit that comes out of your mouth/fingers typing? Surely you don't honestly believe a coach that parents have entrusted with their child's life for 3-4 years would be willing to risk their death just to maybe win a football game...

Reactions: FriedTater
You’re right. But playing the second half of your roster for 15 min every game is a luxury only they have. Heck the Swinney and Venables boys get in.
I know they can’t help who they play. But did a scenario so perfect for sustained success HAVE to be our rival? Out of all the schools in the country. And it’s Clemson!
You do realize that Venables son was a 4 star don’t you?..

You do realize that Venables son was a 4 star don’t you?..

A 3-star with 4 offers. The other son had 2 offers. My point remains that their current situation is so good , their competition so far behind, they can let their own sons play.
If they weren’t Brents boys no way they would be there. But they are and they all get to play and everyone has a good time.

I heard Dabo shot Kennedy.

A 3-star with 4 offers. The other son had 2 offers. My point remains that their current situation is so good , their competition so far behind, they can let their own sons play.
If they weren’t Brents boys no way they would be there. But they are and they all get to play and everyone has a good time.
Boy if this doesn’t show the difference between the two programs I don’t know what does. We’re supposed to get excited about 3 star players being willing to come to Carolina.

A couple things. 1. How South Carolina does against an ACC team they play once in awhile doesn't speak to the strength of the conference. If you honestly believe USC wouldn't win more games in the acc compared to the sec you are delusional. The 5 year span USC beat clemson they were the best team in the ACC. South Carolina would've had a real shot at the CFB had they been in the ACC. That helps build a program tremendously.
2. For those old enough to remember after Clempson won it's first national title in 1981 the NCAA banned them from TV and a bowl game for 2 years. Two freaking years. The acc added a third year of no TV or a bowl. The cheating was out of control to receive this type of sanctions. To this day the death penalty SMU got is the only thing worse the NCAA has handed down. If you honestly don't think after losing to USC 5 years in a row they didn't start cheating again during that time period OK. LOL. They built the program back just like they had a history of doing in the late 70s and early 80s.

Last edited:
A couple things. 1. How South Carolina does against an ACC team they play doesn't speak to the strength of the conference. If you honestly believe USC wouldn't win more games in the acc compared to the sec you are delusional. The 5 year span USC beat clemson they were the best team in the ACC...

2. For those old enough to remember after Clempson won it's first national title in 1981 the NCAA banned them from TV and a bowl game for 2 years. Two freaking years. The acc added a third year of no TV or a bowl. The cheating was out of control to receive this type of sanctions. To this day the death penalty SMU got is the only thing worse the NCAA has handed down....

1. I looked, Clemson only won the ACC title once in that 5 year stretch. And I believe it does matter how the Gamecocks fare against these teams if were going to mock them for being worse. It just seems strange to call someone weak after losing to them.

2. Just off the top of my head, the Southern Cal and Penn state punishments were worse, but point taken.

Of course he wants to play....They are ranked #1 and odds on favorite to win the National Championship. The odds of someone dying of COVID in their upper teens/lower 20s is extremely small. Much better odds of dying in a car crash or by some other manner.

80%+ of C19 deaths are people age 65 or older. Those are the ones that should have been locked down until there's a viable treatment plan or vaccine. Instead, we've got 30%+ of small businesses closed permanently. A masked society. Massive unemployment. 5 trillion+ in Money Printing/Dollar Debasing. Fear mongering. Social unrest. Large hike in suicides, depression, anxiety and divorces. etc.

Reactions: redrogers
1. I looked, Clemson only won the ACC title once in that 5 year stretch. And I believe it does matter how the Gamecocks fare against these teams if were going to mock them for being worse. It just seems strange to call someone weak after losing to them.

2. Just off the top of my head, the Southern Cal and Penn state punishments were worse, but point taken.
1. So you honestly don't think over the past 20 years South Carolina would have fared better against an 8 game acc schedule compared to an 8 game SEC schedule. Ok. That's delusional. Clempson went to a BCS bowl after USC biotch slapped them and finished 10-2. We're ranked higher and had more quality wins. However, USC went to the citrus bowl because they don't play in the acc..
2. Penn State and So Cal were banned from TV and a bowl for 2 plus years? I don't think so. Not being on TV or playing in a bowl is very harsh punishment for major violations including paying players cash. Google the Clempson infractions from 1981. Just because Penn State or So Cal got probation for as many years or more the penalties certainly weren't as severe. I guess the NCAA just hated Clempson. Whatever.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
A couple things. 1. How South Carolina does against an ACC team they play once in awhile doesn't speak to the strength of the conference. If you honestly believe USC wouldn't win more games in the acc compared to the sec you are delusional. The 5 year span USC beat clemson they were the best team in the ACC. South Carolina would've had a real shot at the CFB had they been in the ACC. That helps build a program tremendously.
2. For those old enough to remember after Clempson won it's first national title in 1981 the NCAA banned them from TV and a bowl game for 2 years. Two freaking years. The acc added a third year of no TV or a bowl. The cheating was out of control to receive this type of sanctions. To this day the death penalty SMU got is the only thing worse the NCAA has handed down. If you honestly don't think after losing to USC 5 years in a row they didn't start cheating again during that time period OK. LOL. They built the program back just like they had a history of doing in the late 70s and early 80s.
No I can honestly say I don’t believe either of those things. You might want to take the garnet shades off once and a while so you stay grounded. We may have a few more wins but to think we would be legitimate contenders in the ACC is just wrong. News flash the 5 in a row was closer to a decade ago than anything. We are no where near that class right now.

As far as the scandals go, I invite you to Look up the worst NCAA scandals and punishments. You will find Clemson doesn’t even make the cut. The only people that scream about 1982 are our fans. My god it was almost 40 years ago.

Last edited:
Believe it or not, it’s a good thing it is Clemson.

1. So you honestly don't think over the past 20 years South Carolina would have fared better against an 8 game acc schedule compared to an 8 game SEC schedule. Ok. That's delusional. Clempson went to a BCS bowl after USC biotch slapped them and finished 10-2. We're ranked higher and had more quality wins. However, USC went to the citrus bowl because they don't play in the acc..
2. Penn State and So Cal were banned from TV and a bowl for 2 plus years? I don't think so. Not being on TV or playing in a bowl is very harsh punishment for major violations including paying players cash. Google the Clempson infractions from 1981. Just because Penn State or So Cal got probation for as many years or more the penalties certainly weren't as severe. I guess the NCAA just hated Clempson. Whatever.

I didn't say Carolina wouldn't fare better is the ACC. I corrected you for saying Clemson was the best team in the ACC those 5 years. They weren't. And I stand by the comment that it is odd at best to call teams weak that just beat you.

As for the punishments, just off the top of my head, both of those teams had to give up wins, So. Cal had to give up a title and a Heisman trophy right? (Clemson never had the title stripped, did they have other victories stripped?) And both got multiple years of no tv, if I recall correctly. I just did a quick google search, like Boomneedstogo suggested, and he was right.

Last edited:
He was a 3* but your point is valid.
one was 4 and SC player of the year finalist and one was 3 star, ; and both have 5 years to play. The LB will be starting next year - 2021. The younger kid will be a rotational Safety in 2021. Both kids played QB and RB throughout their HS careers and also played defense. Both will be defensive stars in the future. With the free year they have 5 years. I may be wrong about the LB.(not going to look it up).
When possible, we need to do like they were planning to do with Thomas and Ross this year; playing them in the last 4 games of the year (us, ACCCG, and the 2 CFP games). Skalski did that 2 years ago and played LB and special teams throughout those games.
For us, I guess it would be 4 toughest games, if they are injury free those weeks. Charlotte and coaches at those schools ranked near or above us by SI in the rankings of schools that are playing this Fall, say hello. Maybe we can get one of those coaches when our AD goes looking after the Bobo years. We all know RT already has our next HFC, it makes the rest of his time easy.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT