ADVERTISEMENT

Dabo trolled SC in his comment about Watson's health

Originally posted by megatiger_dtw@yahoo.com:

seems accurate

Not really.

It should be "He's healthier than he was when South Carolina beat themselves" just like you taters claimed for 5 years.

Not really.

I only think there was 1 of those 5 years that Clemson was a little better football team.
Just curious - which one?

Dabo earned the right to talk shit, he won last year. Hopefully it motivates Spurrier to work harder this year.
But to say that you had the better team when getting beat year in and year out by double digits is foolish.
This post was edited on 3/26 10:07 AM by gamecockengineer2011

Originally posted by cockydev:

Not really.

I only think there was 1 of those 5 years that Clemson was a little better football team.
Just curious - which one?
Most Clemmers I encounter believe they were better in 2013.

I felt like the year we were driving straight down the field to go up either by 10 or 14 and Jamie Harper fumbled the ball pretty much without being hit.
I really felt as though momentum swung drastically in SC favor and with it being a home game for SC it created even more of a swing.

I may be wrong but I just felt like that play along with the block punt at the goal line changed everything but hey that's all part of the game.

This post was edited on 3/26 10:13 AM by megatiger_dtw@yahoo.com

As far as 2013 goes I wouldnt say if we turn the ball over 6 times that we are the better team.
Clearly SC had something to do with those turnovers and deserved to wim JMO

Originally posted by gamecockengineer2011:

Dabo earned the right to talk shit, he won last year. Hopefully it motivates Spurrier to work harder this year.
But to say that you had the better team when getting beat year in and year out by double digits is foolish.

This post was edited on 3/26 10:07 AM by gamecockengineer2011
I agree. That poor Clown took a 5 year Beating with the Tater fans asking Why are you letting our school get Pimp Slapped so bad.
The better D wins that game. We will need to step it back up or prepare to listen to that Bus Riding, Cheerleading, Hey look at me, fool for another year.

How does the guy who was too stupid to blitz or speak in actual words still have a job making six figures?

I felt like the year we were driving straight down the field to go up either by 10 or 14 and Jamie Harper fumbled the ball pretty much without being hit.
I really felt as though momentum swung drastically in SC favor and with it being a home game for SC it created even more of a swing.

I may be wrong but I just felt like that play along with the block punt at the goal line changed everything but hey that's all part of the game.

This post was edited on 3/26 10:13 AM by megatiger_dtw@yahoo.com
2009, 17 point win for the Cocks

As far as 2013 goes I wouldnt say if we turn the ball over 6 times that we are the better team.
Clearly SC had something to do with those turnovers and deserved to wim JMO
FWIR, that game was over after the third turnover.

The two plays I eluded too were approx a 28 pt swing. If they had played out in Clemsons favor.
Momentum can be a powerful thing .

I hate the what if game though.

I'm just glad the series mometum seems to be swinging in Clemson's favor right now.

Having said that anything can happen.

Most Clemson fans think we wont take a big step back on defense this year but I feel as though we will.

17-17 in the fourth.

Even Spurrier said he couldnt understand why we stopped running it because we were averaging 8 ypc. Even said our coaches over think things sometimes

I don't think Dabo was trolling. I think many are giving him too much credit, because we are so used to Spurrier always having some angle when he talks. Don't think Dabo is advanced enough to be at that level.

I'm just glad the series mometum seems to be swinging in Clemson's favor right now.

Most Clemson fans think we wont take a big step back on defense this year but I feel as though we will.
You seem a decent Clemmer (if such a thing, in fact, exists).......I'd like to hear more about this.

Tell me your thoughts on how you see the series momentum swinging back to the orange clad. Is it just the most recent win in the series or what?

Also.....tell me why most Clemmers don't seem to think they'll take a big step back on defense.

Thanks. I'll hang up & listen.

Originally posted by Rod Dangerfield:

You seem a decent Clemmer (if such a thing, in fact, exists).......I'd like to hear more about this.

Tell me your thoughts on how you see the series momentum swinging back to the orange clad. Is it just the most recent win in the series or what?

Also.....tell me why most Clemmers don't seem to think they'll take a big step back on defense.

I know you're looking for input from a tiger fan, but their recruiting is about as good as it gets. I assume that's what he's talking about.

Originally posted by Cackdiesel:

I know you're looking for input from a tiger fan, but their recruiting is about as good as it gets. I assume that's what he's talking about.
But they always, according to the places that rank these things, "outrecruit" us. Heck.....all the way back to the Morrison-Ford eras, I only recall us "outrecruiting" them 5-6 years. That's it!

Clemson fan here so I will attempt to answer your question. One of the reasons Clemson's D was so dominant last year was we were at least 2 deep at each position. The optimism stems from the fact that the expected starting defense next year is full of guys that played A LOT of snaps last year. That and our recruiting has been very good over the last few seasons.

However, the big question mark will not be the starters next year, but the second team D. Can Clemson continue to play 2 deep at each position with high level players or will there be a significant drop off between the 2. I don't think anyone expects Clemson to lead the nation in D again this year but we are expecting a top 15-20 D again. The big difference maker will be how the new guys that will be playing second string will handle business.

The win is one reason i feel momentum has swung but mainly because of the last few recruiting classes are not just all flare as was the case in the past.

We are starting to get high caliber offensive and defensive linemen now along with the skill positions. Too me both lines of scrimmage are the most important for any team.

Dabo comes across as a cheerleader type but it must resonate with high school kids so I'm OK with it

I think most Clemson fans deep down realize that we are going to take a big step back on defense but because they have orange colored glasses they are refusing to believe it.

I do believe that Dabo's phylosophy to play a lot of player in meaningful games and times has helped prepare them when its "their" turn to start.

I believe the lost of Jarret ,Beasly, Williams and Anthony are just too big to plug someone else in an expect them play play close to their talent level.
I believe Jarrett is the biggest lost of all. Even AJ Cann while at the combine said GJ was the toughest of all players he has faced to block.

Originally posted by Cackdiesel:

But they always, according to the places that rank these things, "outrecruit" us. Heck.....all the way back to the Morrison-Ford eras, I only recall us "outrecruiting" them 5-6 years. That's it!
Yeah, and they beat us damn near every year during those days, because they had better players than us. We only beat Ford 3 times.

Spurrier has had some great recruiting classes and he beat Clemson for the most part with even talent as compared to the Tigers. He's a better coach than Dabo and will win most of the time with comparable talent. But they are absolutely killing it in recruiting now.

Has a Clemson felt ever felt like they didn't "have momemtum"?

If they can't find it on the field, they find it in recruiting. If they can't find it in recruiting, theyfind it in coaching. If they can't find it in coaching, they find it bs US News & World Report rankings.

Most delusional fanbase in history. That's why they worship a complete narcissistic assclown and hang on every word he says The absolute perfect coach for Clemson. A complete fraud that makes millions a year and thinks everyone wanting a small stipend for playing is acting like they are entitled. Clemson in every way. Including the part where, as an adult, he slept with his mommy for years.

Just background about myself and how I became a Clemson fan

My father was a die hard SC fan . Passed away when I was 19
My older brother is a die hard SC to this day
My sister graduated from SC but pulls for Clemson but not a die hard fan.While her husband is a die hard fan of SC (from Columbia).
I attended many SC games as a kid and had had never been to a Clemson game. When I attended my first game I fell in love with Clemson or might I say the hills we slid down on cardboard boxes.(give me a break I was a kid) Regardless of how fickle that is thats how I became a fan.

My father was the biggest influencs in my life and I feel that he wouldnt want me to be the type of person that "bashes" the team he so passionately loved. I still have the first gamecock hat he bought me at a SC game.One of my foundest memories was going to SC games with him and my brother.

I think this allows me to step out side the forrest and see the trees.

I know TMI
This post was edited on 3/26 1:53 PM by megatiger_dtw@yahoo.com

Yeah, you guys love to bring up the turnovers, your 'unstoppable rushing attack' and the fact that klempsun out gained the Cocks offensively in 2013.

Now, let's look at FACTS! 1)The Gamecocks created all of those turnovers, except the garbage time interceptions when Boyd folded under pressure. 2)Sure, klempsun had more yards per rush. But the Gamecocks had more rushing attempts, more 1st downs and actually had more total yards rushing!!!
3)Klempsun had 32 more yds of offense. How many yds did we give Boyd underneath, while in a soft zone during klempsun's last 2 drives? Around 30 yds.

megatiger, I have to say I'm 100% in agreement with the reasons you gave about Clemson's success against the Cocks this year. Dabo figured out that line play is what consistently wins games. Yeah, he's a rah-rah type, toned down a bit lately, but kids and parents seem to love his passion. Defense will be down some, how much remains to be seen. Also agree that Jarrett was the real beast on that defense, although all mentioned above were outstanding defensive players.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT