ADVERTISEMENT

Dabo's quote on Trevor Lawrence

Beyond him invoking religion every other word and- some would say- disrespectfully implying he knows what/ how God thinks, it implies that Trevor became the man he is and the player he has become through no effort. It was given to him at birth with the snap of the fingers from a magical being in the sky, not earned through hardwork and dedication over a lifetime.
You seem to be over thinking the entire comment, over interpreting his intent.

I feel that way too.

Yes, his wife has battled breast cancer. I pray that she has a successful recovery. I don’t wish any harm on anyone, regardless of who they are, or where they play/coach. At the end of the day, we’re all human beings, and sport don‘t matter.
Actually Mrs Swinney did not have breast cancer. She and her younger sister both tested positive of the BRCA mutation and both had double mastectomy as there chance of getting breast cancer during there lifetime was 89 % but with the double mastectomy it dropped to 1 %.Kathleen Swinney older sister died at age 49 in 2014 of breast cancer.A cousin of Kathleen Swinney also had breast cancer at young age.

All of you debating what God intends, intended, allows, allowed, etc is the proof that many of you will never win this debate. Further more, proves that we as a nation can never push our beliefs on the muslim world because all they do is fight of the interpretation of the Q’uran (sp)….you people are wasting good energy over things that can never be proven right or wrong but many of your want to hit someone right now.

Reactions: 2TimeTiger
First of all, I like Trevor Lawrence. I think he is a great athlete and seems to be an awesome young man.
2nd of all, I think Dabo has done a great job of coaching at Clemson. You can not minimize his coaching achievements.

But with that said, I really really really wish Dabo would stop making stmts like the one below.

"Yeah, (Lawrence) is special, man; the good Lord was in a good mood when he made him," Swinney said. "He must have had football on his mind that day because man, you look up the epitome of the quarterback, I mean, he's just the poster child in every area. " Dabo Sweeney Apr 23, 2021
Who gaf?

me thinks most of you overreacted to this statement.. you have to look really hard to find something really bad with what was said.. no different than sos saying god was smiling on the gamecocks that day. none whatsover...not a dabo fan in any way and not a trevor fan, but its going way out on a limb to be rustled by this

Reactions: GeorgeZip
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT