ADVERTISEMENT

Dakereon Joiner?

bdblack

Mar 29, 2002
Watched Ft. Dorchester playing up at Dorman tonight. This young man is a great escape artist .... reminds me of Freddie Solomon in high school. Showed off a pretty strong arm, too. Doesn't appear to be 6'1" though, more like 5'10" or maybe 5'11", 180-185 from where I was sitting. Is he a true 6'1", or is that just for the media? Just wondering if anyone here actually knows the kid?

Solomon? Friend, we go way back ... remember him at Sumter HS, Univ. of Tampa, and Miami/SF (NFL) .... we can only hope he will be as productive ... thanks for the throw back ...

Life is good - Peace!

Reactions: bdblack
Solomon? Friend, we go way back ... remember him at Sumter HS, Univ. of Tampa, and Miami/SF (NFL) .... we can only hope he will be as productive ... thanks for the throw back ...

Life is good - Peace!
I was sitting beside a guy with a Denver Broncos Super Bowl Championship ring at Hamburger Joe's in Windy Hill one night in the late 90's. Turned out he was in player personnel. We chatted for a while about a bunch of football topics, then he asked "Who's the best high school football player ever?"

I responded, "Freddie Solomon".

He asked, "How did you know that?"

I told him I was from Sumter. Pretty cool.

I was sitting beside a guy with a Denver Broncos Super Bowl Championship ring at Hamburger Joe's in Windy Hill one night in the late 90's. Turned out he was in player personnel. We chatted for a while about a bunch of football topics, then he asked "Who's the best high school football player ever?"

I responded, "Freddie Solomon".

He asked, "How did you know that?"

I told him I was from Sumter. Pretty cool.
WOW, Now this brings back great memories,I saw Freddie play against Conway. Without a doubt he's the best player ever come out South Carolina.

My nephew took a picture with him and he is 5'10". He was taller. I'd say 6'1" is accurate. And he said he was a great player.

Watched Ft. Dorchester playing up at Dorman tonight. This young man is a great escape artist .... reminds me of Freddie Solomon in high school. Showed off a pretty strong arm, too. Doesn't appear to be 6'1" though, more like 5'10" or maybe 5'11", 180-185 from where I was sitting. Is he a true 6'1", or is that just for the media? Just wondering if anyone here actually knows the kid?
It's spelled Joyner

WOW, Now this brings back great memories,I saw Freddie play against Conway. Without a doubt he's the best player ever come out South Carolina.
Best HS game I ever saw was state semi final of
LR vs Sumter. Sumter ran the bone and i believe Solomon scored all 4 Sumter TDS on runs over 50 yards. Tommy Middlebrooks led LR to victory and they used every trick play they had to survive

My nephew took a picture with him and he is 5'10". He was taller. I'd say 6'1" is accurate. And he said he was a great player.
Thanks for clearing that up for me. I didn't have the best seat in the house, that's why I was asking.

Best HS game I ever saw was state semi final of
LR vs Sumter. Sumter ran the bone and i believe Solomon scored all 4 Sumter TDS on runs over 50 yards. Tommy Middlebrooks led LR to victory and they used every trick play they had to survive
And I'll bet Mooney Player had a bag full of them. I never saw his teams play but once or twice but I've heard a ton of stories. Looking back, I think we'd have been smart to hire him when we had the chance. Is Coach Player still alive? If so, where is he living?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT