ADVERTISEMENT

Dakereon Joyner’s Stats

GamecockJL

Gold Member
Aug 30, 2015
Here’s the stats of all Elite 11 QBs so far this season. Joyner has arguably the most impressive stats considering he doesn’t play but 1 half of football each game. These stats in the tweet don’t include his game against Channing Tindall’s team in 1 half where he had 5 TDs.

Stats are in the pictures.

68% completion percentage(121/178)
2,200 yards passing
900 yards rushing
30 passing TDs
17 rushing TDs

His stats are so skewed, not only because of not playing full games, but they normally only throw it a 10-12 times in the first half because the team is up so big. I have seen him a LOT the last few years and I think the real reason he isn't rated a 5* top 10 recruit is because he isn't 6'3" or taller. He can make all the throws and can beat man coverage and zones. Now, does that mean he is going to win the Heisman? No. But he is the most impressive high school QB I have seen in person and I have seen pretty much every D1 QB in SC the last few years.

His stats are so skewed, not only because of not playing full games, but they normally only throw it a 10-12 times in the first half because the team is up so big. I have seen him a LOT the last few years and I think the real reason he isn't rated a 5* top 10 recruit is because he isn't 6'3" or taller. He can make all the throws and can beat man coverage and zones. Now, does that mean he is going to win the Heisman? No. But he is the most impressive high school QB I have seen in person and I have seen pretty much every D1 QB in SC the last few years.

Which recent/fairly recent college QB would you compare him to?

Hmmm... It's hard to say. Maybe Russell Wilson or RGIII. He is elusive, has good top end speed, canon arm, and when he scrambles he keeps his eyes down field. The two knocks are his height and he tends to throw off of his back foot like Cam Newton. That can normally be fixed, and we can hope he grows.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT