ADVERTISEMENT

Dakeron transferring?

Your wording "Or they should" is the crux of the situation. This coaching staff has done all they could do to avoid a QB controversy at the expense of some fine players, the morale of the team, and the possibility that their "consensus vote" at QB put RH's health at risk.

I have heard all I ever want to hear again about this staff's ability to impartially judge a particular player's capabilities on the field.

As I understand and in this case, it was NOT a close call.

Reactions: Expro19
He retweeted this as well.
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Your biggest test will be how you handle people that mishandled you</p>&mdash; Robert Griffin III (@RGIII) <a href="">December 4, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So why would you think that the coaching staff would not play this best player? If he was better than the others he would have started.
I think in general this statement makes sense but when dealing with this coaching staff, I’m not sure they know what a good quarterback looks like.

Bottomline is this offense is TOTALLY devoid of playmakers other than Edwards . Dak is head and shoulders the most elusive and dynamic athlete on the field and we did a terrible job getting the ball in his hands . A lot of UGA fans last year said Justin Fields wasn’t a QB . Ok . How many NFL teams scoffed at Lamar . He’s the MVP . This staff is talent Kryptonite. I fully expect Dak and Bentley to thrive elsewhere .

Kentucky took a WR, put him at QB and let him do nothing but run. Bowl game.
We kept trotting out an injured pocket passer, even when we had NOBODY that could catch the ball.

I'm not a big fan of the transfer portal, but if I were Joyner, I'd have left WEEKS ago.

Unless he is willing to go down and play at a Wofford/Furman school, he's going to have to sit out a year. Not sure that it is worth him doing that unless he feels like he is going to be able to make it to the next level (NFL) by doing so.

The staff is better suited to find a way to get the ball in playmaker's hands... and no BMAC/BOBO offense is set up to do that... If BOBO is hired, look for more of the same from this year...

To be a quality SEC quarterback you have to be able to THROW the ball effectively that is his weakness.

And you know this because? He didn't get many chances to throw the ball. He made some great throws when he was given his chance. He certainly wasn't worse than Hillinski; plus, Hillinski was hurt, so he probably shouldn't have been playing.

Bottomline is this offense is TOTALLY devoid of playmakers other than Edwards . Dak is head and shoulders the most elusive and dynamic athlete on the field and we did a terrible job getting the ball in his hands . A lot of UGA fans last year said Justin Fields wasn’t a QB . Ok . How many NFL teams scoffed at Lamar . He’s the MVP . This staff is talent Kryptonite. I fully expect Dak and Bentley to thrive elsewhere .

100% agree. Everybody who says Dak isn't a QB is basing it on what someone told them. How would you know he isn't a QB if he never gets the chance to throw the ball? He actually had two really excellent passes before he was hurt at A&M. I feel like he would have been better for us this season with our terrible OL. Plus, look at Hillinski's stats. They aren't exactly good. He had two good games with Alabama and the FCS school we played. I think that Joyner would have helped us win against TENN and App State.

Reactions: Tmac069 and 92Pony
100% agree. Everybody who says Dak isn't a QB is basing it on what someone told them. How would you know he isn't a QB if he never gets the chance to throw the ball? He actually had two really excellent passes before he was hurt at A&M. I feel like he would have been better for us this season with our terrible OL. Plus, look at Hillinski's stats. They aren't exactly good. He had two good games with Alabama and the FCS school we played. I think that Joyner would have helped us win against TENN and App State.
Those two passes he threw were beautiful. Probably two of his best plays of the year (out of his limited reps). His boring, predictable QB keepers didn't fool anyone.

Those two passes he threw were beautiful. Probably two of his best plays of the year (out of his limited reps). His boring, predictable QB keepers didn't fool anyone.
Those keepers are on the coaches not him.

That was the problem. It wasn't like they were RPOs, they were QB runs all the way--like the defense didn't know it was coming....

I've been hesitant to post this, but my good friend is one of Dak's former coaches. He said he's hearing it's likely Dak will transfer. But he may be waiting to see who the new OC is. TIFWIW.

Reactions: 92Pony
And you know this because? He didn't get many chances to throw the ball. He made some great throws when he was given his chance. He certainly wasn't worse than Hillinski; plus, Hillinski was hurt, so he probably shouldn't have been playing.
Yup....most QBs need game time to show out. If he never plays, he'll likely never develop.
With the way our offense was bombing, I'd definitely look at changes. I remember in '06 when we had problems protecting the QB....Steve had Syvelle start multiple games for us and play sandlot.
I personally hope Dak blows it up elsewhere.

Reactions: Dizzy01
I've been hesitant to post this, but my good friend is one of Dak's former coaches. He said he's hearing it's likely Dak will transfer. But he may be waiting to see who the new OC is. TIFWIW.
I would highly doubt a new OC would make any difference.

Lest there be any confusion, my comment on his boring, predictable QB runs was an indictment on the coaches, *not* DJ.

Sorry man, I was agreeing with you, but reading it now, it appears I phrased awkwardly. You are correct in your assessment and I agree completely.

Reactions: 92Pony
The UGA fans who said this were idiots. Field is 100% a QB. He’s also 100% better than anything Dak could ever do on offense.

Here was my frustration.. as good as Hillinski supposedly is , he had no chance to succeed with his skill set this year . We had the worst OL In the SEC , disappointment at the RB position and besides Edwards a very mediocre to bad WR unit . A drop back QB with no protection , no running game , and receivers who can’t separate or make plays is doomed . If nothing else give Dak a few easy reads and if they aren’t there .. take off and move the chains . Honestly it can’t get any worse than the results we had .

Here was my frustration.. as good as Hillinski supposedly is , he had no chance to succeed with his skill set this year . We had the worst OL In the SEC , disappointment at the RB position and besides Edwards a very mediocre to bad WR unit . A drop back QB with no protection , no running game , and receivers who can’t separate or make plays is doomed . If nothing else give Dak a few easy reads and if they aren’t there .. take off and move the chains . Honestly it can’t get any worse than the results we had .
I agree with much of this. I would really like to have a quarterback with enough escapability to extend plays. I suppose Connor Shaw spoiled me. But our quarterback this year had virtually no help at all. Aside from Edwards, everything around him was spotty at best.

He just wants to play. Coaches could have used him in many ways offensively.....but......runs up the middle seemed the play of choice

Sorry man, I was agreeing with you, but reading it now, it appears I phrased awkwardly. You are correct in your assessment and I agree completely.
Haha - it’s all good. After rereading *my* initial post, I can see where it could have been taken differently. Oftentimes what seems perfectly clear in our heads can become less so once in type. ;)

Reactions: cockyferg

Wasn’t Dak hurt several times this season?

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
He gone. Word is that he is already telling teammates and other folks on campus "goodbye". Charleston Southern or another small school for transfer.

He gone. Word is that he is already telling teammates and other folks on campus "goodbye". Charleston Southern or another small school for transfer.
That stinks if true. I hate it for him, but hopefully he lands in a good place and has a lot of success!

Reactions: RickyRooster
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT