ADVERTISEMENT

Damn, I sure wish Ray was still the coach *

Me too...Ray sure wouldn't have been clobbered in his own Regional last year either.

I would agree....but other than the laddies BB team, can't say we have had a very good year in sports under his leadership!

Originally posted by northGAcock:
I would agree....but other than the laddies BB team, can't say we have had a very good year in sports under his leadership!
What leadership would that be?/ His job is basically to talk to donor and trying to raise funds.and just be face for USC Athletics. He hasn't done much of anything else. His talents are being wasted imo. Seems like he just wants a cushy job.

I guess it's always possible that Ray Tanner knows more about sports and developing a winning program than the career armchair coaches here on FGF.

Originally posted by ReadR00ster:

What leadership would that be?/ His job is basically to talk to donor and trying to raise funds.and just be face for USC Athletics. He hasn't done much of anything else. His talents are being wasted[/B] imo. Seems like he just wants a cushy job.
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

Originally posted by searooster:
I guess it's always possible that Ray Tanner knows more about sports and developing a winning program than the career armchair coaches here on FGF.
searooster, seriously.....are you related to Chad Holbrook or are you a family friend? I ask because you are darn near always the first to come running to his aid.

baghdad_bob.png
everything is fine.
This post was edited on 3/25 3:21 PM by IBleedUSC

Ray was done with coaching. If we hadn't made him AD, he'd be AD somewhere else. Now if you want to argue whether that was a good hire, or whether Holbrook was the right man to replace him, fine. But Tanner as our coach was over one way or the other.

I doubt for ONE SECOND that Ray Tanner will let the program that he developed take too much of a dive......I trust Coach Tanner more than anyone when it comes to the baseball program. He knows what it takes to win and he also knows there are things that happen that you can't control no matter how good you are as a coach.

If we have a problem with decision making by Chad I suspect he tenure will be short lived here.....If his problems are merely things he can't control then that is another story.....

I wouldn't spend much time worrying about it as I suspect Ray has a close eye on that particular sport given that he knows a little about how it works....

Ray made the same mistakes managing the bullpen, it's just that he had better pitchers in the bullpen to bail him out.

Originally posted by ReadR00ster:

What leadership would that be?/ His job is basically to talk to donor and trying to raise funds.and just be face for USC Athletics. He hasn't done much of anything else. His talents are being wasted imo. Seems like he just wants a cushy job.
Essentially, his job is that of CEO - not necessarily cushy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT