ADVERTISEMENT

Dang, I just thought about Jake Bentley. I hate it for him.

He can play next Spring since he left h.s. early he is still around 22. He needs to play another season for even a sniff of the NFL. Just saying.

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
He can play next Spring since he left h.s. early he is still around 22. He needs to play another season for even a sniff of the NFL. Just saying.
And you know this how? “Just knowing”?

I’ve seen him at third round in one and 4-5 in more than one projection. Just saying.

Reactions: Brace1 and Expro19

I’ve seen him at third round in one and 4-5 in more than one projection. Just saying.

Jake seems like a quality kid, always seemed to play hard.

But projected for the 3rd round? Or even rounds 4-5, based on his history?

I honestly don’t see it with him not playing this year. He needed to play lights out this year to warrant being drafted that high, and quite honestly from the little bits I’ve been able to read he wasn’t even a lock to start.

Reactions: GCDC1959

I honestly don’t see it with him not playing this year. He needed to play lights out this year to warrant being drafted that high, and quite honestly from the little bits I’ve been able to read he wasn’t even a lock to start.

We really have no idea, though. Play Calling & Player Development under Muschamp has been suspect at best. Hope he still gets a shot with the Utes at some point.

Reactions: Brace1 and Dizzy01

"His history" lol.

Fans see "overthrown receivers" and "poor decisions."

Scouts see those as well, but not through the same lens as do fans.

Scouts also see SEVEN dropped NFL quality money balls in the A&M 26-23 loss his junior year, to just name one. Fan opinion is not real high on the scout's list.

Reactions: Brace1
I hope he is looking at it as more time to work with his new team, and when they play he is older and better.

Maybe when they play we will have a vaccine, and maybe if they had played he may have gotten it and missed games and really been screwed.

Could be a positive, learning a new team, playbook with missing practices no spring game and all this stuff, was probably a tough spot, now he has more time, not the worst scenario.

Im rooting for the guy and hopes he succeeds

Bentley's accuracy regressed so sharply after his freshman season that it leads me to believe he has some kind of mechanical issue. His pro prospects may hinge on whether teams feel that they can correct this.

Yep he will be a mid round draft pick and could have moved up considerably if he had a good year.. These experts on here don't know Jack shit.. Their "knowledge" is based entirely on emotions.

Reactions: Brace1
I’m curious if the NFL and NCAA would be open to the NBA rule they had in place this year. Let the kids compete at the combine and then decide whether to return based on what they do there.

Reactions: funktavious
"His history" lol.

Fans see "overthrown receivers" and "poor decisions."

Scouts see those as well, but not through the same lens as do fans.

Scouts also see SEVEN dropped NFL quality money balls in the A&M 26-23 loss his junior year, to just name one. Fan opinion is not real high on the scout's list.

Yes, his history.

Pretty good QB when he was “on”, despite dropped passes.

Puzzlingly inconsistent when he was “off”. Almost seemed like mentally he was pushing too hard, but maybe he’s one of those guys who maxed out talent wise early and wasn’t able to build on that. Scouts see all of that, too.

Is that enough to make him a possible round 3-5 pick? He wasn’t even a lock to start this year.

IMHO he MIGHT have a shot at a late draft pick, most likely he has a chance of signing as an UDFA.

It's alright. He can still wait and play his senior year. Remember, he started a year early, right?;)
Or maybe he should just go pro!
His dad also held him back in the 8th grade so even though he graduated high school early he was the appropriate age to start college.

His dad also held him back in the 8th grade so even though he graduated high school early he was the appropriate age to start college.
I know... he was actually older than McIlwain who was also a freshman at the time... there was just so much hullabaloo about him leaving high school early.

He should transfer to Miss St. He might throw for 5000 yards under Mike Leach

IMHO he MIGHT have a shot at a late draft pick, most likely he has a chance of signing as an UDFA.
Yep. Our resident draft experts picking rounds...while no one even knows who's going to be in the draft or what teams are picking what.
Jake needed a redemption season....hope he can still find one.

Yep. Our resident draft experts picking rounds...while no one even knows who's going to be in the draft or what teams are picking what.
Jake needed a redemption season....hope he can still find one.
Well, the post stated it was the professional experts but please; continue. I'm sure your analysis is more accurate and highly valued on here anyway.

Anything to keep his INT free streak alive, it’s been almost a year in a couple of weeks
Just as long as he doesn't suffer a defense that gives up back to back 95+ yard scoring drives in the 4th after he has taken a 20-10 lead into that same quarter amirite.

At the end of the day, the fan issue with Bentley is that he didn't perform at the level of Joe Montana. Or have Hampton, Quarles, Clowney, Cann, Shell, Ellington, Cooper, Lattimore, and Davis playing with him.

Well, the post stated it was the professional experts but please; continue. I'm sure your analysis is more accurate and highly valued on here anyway.
Who were these "professional experts" Mr. snarky condescending guy?

Just as long as he doesn't suffer a defense that gives up back to back 95+ yard scoring drives in the 4th after he has taken a 20-10 lead into that same quarter amirite.

At the end of the day, the fan issue with Bentley is that he didn't perform at the level of Joe Montana. Or have Hampton, Quarles, Clowney, Cann, Shell, Ellington, Cooper, Lattimore, and Davis playing with him.
You funny....losers find excuses, winners just win.

Bentley was alright. Just to young to be thrown into the position he was thrown in. The problem was Carolina should never have been depleted to the point where we HAD to start a high school senior as QB and walk ons. It also didn’t help that we recruit wide receivers with slippery fingers

Last edited:

Jake performed very well at the Manning Academy several years in a row alongside the cream of the crop. I think that got some attention from the scouting community.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Like we have said before recruiting at QB under Muschamp has been great.
Bentley. 4 star
Hilinski high 4 star
Doty 4 star
Joyner 4 star
Urich high 3 star

Ding ding . Jeff Driskell , Jacoby Brissett , Will Grier , etc etc etc . What do they have in common other than they are all in the NFL after they got away from Muschamp
A good reason why Jake needed a new start. He may be a really good QB.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT