ADVERTISEMENT

Danny Blair from Bel Aire is leaving

My daughter graduated from there last month and loves Tampa, where she will stay. They have had a lot of Division II National Championships, including baseball. Close to their trophy case, they have a plaque on the wall of Freddie Solomon. Old folks like me know he was from Sumter, couldn`t get into USC due to ACC academic standards(long gone, of course), then went on to have a nice pro career with the 49er`s. I wish Danny would stay but wish him well there. Hopefully he will meet my daughter and ask her out!

Reactions: Mr CockStrong
5b11d80648b47.image.jpg

Will never forget his jack in the regional. One HR all year and he comes off the bench to take the lead

People don't realize all the clubhouse problems he had to deal with as well as on the field development.

People don't realize all the clubhouse problems he had to deal with as well as on the field development.

On the field development? Can you elaborate?

It was quite obvious that the on the field development was lacking with the prior staff.
CMK did a much better job in this one season than was done in 5. A great example is Madison Stokes. This season he was the hitter we expected him to be the previous 3.

Yes, I've seen the development, but how does that apply to Danny Blair?

Oh and the city he's from is spelled Bel Air (no e on the end).

Reactions: AlphaChino
He wasn't that good though.... right MK sunshiners?

I would like to address Mr Chad Fan/Mr Tater Fan aka @Cockopotamus ....

After seeing Arkansas play in the Super Regional and in the CWS, don't you think Mark Kingston coming into the Super Regional did a fantastic job coaching Carolina and underachievement team under Chad Holbroken???

I remember back in 2002 after we beat Nebraska in the CWS on Father's Day, Dave Van Horn was hire by Arkansas and he has done a great job for them..

Seeing what Mark Kingston did with this team makes me a MK sunshiner???

Then the future looks so bright, we're going to need to wear sunglasses at the Carolina games...

Reactions: bushmastercock
It was quite obvious that the on the field development was lacking with the prior staff.
CMK did a much better job in this one season than was done in 5. A great example is Madison Stokes. This season he was the hitter we expected him to be the previous 3.
Heard that our coaches didn't even teach hitting, plate approach, etc. The players had to go out and get their own hitting coach. If anywhere near true, that is ridiculous.

Heard that our coaches didn't even teach hitting, plate approach, etc. The players had to go out and get their own hitting coach. If anywhere near true, that is ridiculous.
A friend of mine who was a 2 year player for the yardcocks says this was also, for the most part, Tanners approach. I’ve never talked to anyone else to verify this, but he has never been the ‘full of crap’ type.

A friend of mine who was a 2 year player for the yardcocks says this was also, for the most part, Tanners approach. I’ve never talked to anyone else to verify this, but he has never been the ‘full of crap’ type.
He must be talking about a different Ray Tanner, because one of the main things he was known for coaching was plate approach.

I have heard tthat Chad did next to nothing at practices.

Reactions: rogue cock
A key part to next year's extremely inexperienced lineup just walked out the door, but yea, way to win a regional MK.

Hate to see Blair go, there’s been several players over the years that have had the light come on for them in their senior season.
As for Kingston, I can’t wait to see what he and his staff can do with a full season and off-season under their belt.

Blair was better suited as a pinch runner and defensive outfielder. We need more hitters. Sure he had a great regional against Ohio State, ECU and UNCW but look at his average against SEC competition-subpar. I wish the kid luck with his career.

Which key part? Not the one hitting .180?
He wasn't important during the regional run???

Lol. Exactly. It’s not like he was a great hitter. Some people just look for any reason to make some ridiculous comment
You sound like a Clemson fan with the whole, "we didn't need him anyway" approach.

You don't really seem to know anything about gamecock sports.
Lifelong fan and recent booster under WM. Simply not a fan of MK yet.

I think Clemson is doing a fine job... Losing to Vandy two years row at a home regional... Butt still hurts????
You quoted my post but I'm not sure why. Going to assume it was a mistake.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT