ADVERTISEMENT

Danny Ford on South Carolina, Clemson: ‘If it were Alabama, Auburn ... they would find a way

But let's be honest. It ain't Bama-Auburn. At least right now. If we stood a snowball's chance of spoiling a NC run for them, it would be a different story. But in that case, I doubt clemzon would be pushing so hard to play us.

Last edited:
Always thought it was weird with Ford. He didn't have a great stint at Arkansas, but after his time there he was just 49 years old. I'm sure he could have found a gig somewhere else. But he just quit coaching and became a farmer.

Always thought it was weird with Ford. He didn't have a great stint at Arkansas, but after his time there he was just 49 years old. I'm sure he could have found a gig somewhere else. But he just quit coaching and became a farmer.

Didn’t need the money. He had a big farm making money at Pendleton. I disliked him as Clemson coach but he really was just a good ole country boy. I enjoyed knowing him when I was in Greenville

Reactions: nikolas22
I can't knock him, he took Arkansas to a SEC championship game. Holtz and Spurrier combined only took us to One.

Reactions: Tmac069

His style and methods are from a bygone era. That's why it ended at Clemson. I believe he tried for the East Carolina job in more recent years, but was passed over. Can you seriously imagine him dealing with today's era of players?

Same conference, so it doesn’t matter. If AU was in the ACC, and they were still playing Bama, then we’d be playing the Tates too, otherwise it’d be a$&@!storm.

Apples to Oranges. Bama and Auburn are in the same conference and neither he nor anybody else knows how it would go this year if they were in different conferences.
Yeah, but the whole conference is kept bent over a barrel in regards to scheduling and division alignment all because of rivalries involving guess who? Auburn and Alabama. Alabama/Auburn-Alabama/UT- and Auburn/UGA.

If a football season happens and Carolina and Clemson don't play, did a tree really fall in the forest? I think not.

Apples to Oranges. Bama and Auburn are in the same conference and neither he nor anybody else knows how it would go this year if they were in different conferences.
Probably the dumbest post of the day. A rival is rival and this rival didn’t started just a few years ago. Its been played over 100 years. If it had been Alabama and Auburn, does not matter if they were in the same conference or different conference. They would have made a way.

Probably the dumbest post of the day. A rival is rival and this rival didn’t started just a few years ago. Its been played over 100 years. If it had been Alabama and Auburn, does not matter if they were in the same conference or different conference. They would have made a way.
Except now one conference has said its teams can only play conference games this year. Outside of the SC General Assembly passing a law, we simply cannot play them this year.

But don't worry, as I said in another post, we're probably not even going to get a third of a season played before it gets shut down.

Reactions: Jbouton2
Except now one conference has said its teams can only play conference games this year. Outside of the SC General Assembly passing a law, we simply cannot play them this year.

But don't worry, as I said in another post, we're probably not even going to get a third of a season played before it gets shut down.
Probably right, season probably want make it till the end. It may not even start.

Reactions: Legendary Cock

A wealthy farmer with all the hemp he's growing.

Our rivalry with clemsun has been in place and played continuously MUCH longer than Bama vs Auburn. You might want to get your facts straight before calling someone else’s post dumb. What’s dumb is saying stuff that is just not true. Alabama and Auburn have only met a grand total of 84 times, our rivalry with clemsun has been played continuously over 100 years. Nothing you posted is true or negates any of the points I made about how nobody can predict what would have happened to that rivalry this year if they were in different conferences and no amount “yeah huhh” BS from you changes that. Your post sir is quite literally the dumbest of the day.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
Who gives a damn? This season is anything but normal. Probably won't even happen. And if it does, players could be sitting out on both sides. No fans in the stands. Wouldn't be a real Carolina Clemson game anyway

Last edited:
Our rivalry with clemsun has been in place and played continuously MUCH longer than Bama vs Auburn. You might want to get your facts straight before calling someone else’s post dumb. What’s dumb is saying stuff that is just not true. Alabama and Auburn have only met a grand total of 84 times, our rivalry with clemsun has been played continuously over 100 years. Nothing you posted is true or negates any of the points I made about how nobody can predict what would have happened to that rivalry this year if they were in different conferences and no amount “yeah huhh” BS from you changes that. Your post sir is quite literally the dumbest of the day.
Lol, I was talking about our rivalry being over a hundred years. Man lol, I graduated from South Carolina, why would I be defending Alabama or Auburn.

Lol, I was talking about our rivalry being over a hundred years. Man lol
Does not sound that way from the post at all... “this” rivalry when talking about Auburn-Bama would denote you were taking about Auburn-Bama... ? Your post makes very little sense in either context further adding to the irony of calling my post dumb.

Does not sound that way from the post at all... “this” rivalry when talking about Auburn-Bama would denote you were taking about Auburn-Bama... ? Your post makes very little sense in either context further adding to the irony of calling my post dumb.
Whatever, are you one them people that always have to be right. Lol go pound your chest and tell somebody you told me.

Last edited:
Reactions: coolcock2001
I think Tanner and the A/D up at Clemson should be causing a little ruckus with the SEC and ACC to get the rivalry game on the schedule.

I’ve seen and been around Dan a couple of times. Both were after he’d quit coaching. He was sideways both times. Nice enough guy, but he’s still a tater.

ACC already did their part.

SEC looks like they are running scared of playing the ACC.

I’ve posted before and I’ll post it again. How many weeks before the SEC did the ACC announce they were going conference only, again? Yep...the ACC said that was their plan all along. So all the while, the SEC is coming up with options on how to proceed. Many have caught on, but you apparently didn’t, that the ACC came out of nowhere with the plus one deal only after it was reported the SEC was announcing conference only. If the ACC wanted these games as bad as they say they do, they would’ve never said they were going to a conference only schedule. The SEC wasn’t going to let the ACC dictate their schedule, especially all the while the ACC sat there and said they would play zero non-conference games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT