ADVERTISEMENT

Danny Kanell out at ESPN

Maybe ESPN is finding out that we want to watch sports not two guys kissing.They have gotten far too deep into the PC crap and politics.

Who did Danny Kannel kiss? Please say it wasn't Joey Galloway. I don't need that visual.

They say that 100 will bite the dust. Second the hate PC programming. Disney still won't learn their lesson.

Maybe ESPN is finding out that we want to watch sports not two guys kissing.They have gotten far too deep into the PC crap and politics.
I don't think firing Danny Kannel, Ed Werder, John Buccigross, Dr. Jerry Punch, Jade McCarthy, Jaymee Sire, Jay Crawford, Trent Dilfer, Brett McMurphy, and the entire Hockey department is going to fix ESPN's problems.

I think this tweet from a couple weeks ago sums it up nicely.

Think they can get rid of that Smith and Hill pair? ESPN is hurting for money. They couldn't ride that high forever
ESPN has given him 3 shows.... When are they going to learn that people don't want to see them? Go to twitter and search "SC6" seems like that show is nearly unanimously hated.

Who did Danny Kannel kiss? Please say it wasn't Joey Galloway. I don't need that visual.
He didn't kiss anybody but layoffs are a sign of a struggling business. I was talking about Sam from Missouri and his lovely boyfriend and their comments on border control and things like that they have no business dabbling in. Stick to sports.

Espn isn't losing out to poor people who "hate that pc crap."

People have smart phones now. You're never out of touch with sports or their highlights. You can see that amazing putt at work, while you drive home, while you're on the can, etc. People don't need to watch the same sportscenter episode 4 times in a row.

The good thing for Danny Kannell now is that he doesn't have to do that ridiculous comb over on his head everyday. Why can't guys just accept the fact that nothing can be done to reverse their hair loss transformation? It's okay unless you are losing your hair in high school or grade school.

Politics is why I stopped watching for sure. I watch during football season and that's about it. I'm trying to find a good place to watch the draft any good ideas? Don't have nfl network but do have firestick.

Reactions: NooNoo
None of the guys they canned were political. If there's a change in that direction they'd get rid folks like Lupica and Ley.

Jayson Starke was a stupid fire. He'll probably end up on MLB network within a month.

Reactions: cockn'fyr
I watch ESPN for sports not opinions, I could care less who they fire, they'll find some schlub to call the games!

Do people really stop watching a network because of the political views of a few of its employees? I could care less what their political views are. Give me something worth watching and I'll watch.

Still remember Kanells love affair with the smurfs when announcing our '13 super regional. He was just ESPNs no talent ACC homer.

As long as espn has a deal with the SECNetwork I will continue watching. Sad but true.

SEC should break away from ESPN and allow people to pay for a monthly streaming subscription solo/independent of ESPN.

I never really liked him so I think this improves their network. He seemed like the quintessential "bubble gum" analyst. Can't say I'm too sad to see Len Elmore go away as well . . .

Hopefully Kanell goes to where his talent says he belongs.

Doing the coaches interview at halftime on the FSU radio network.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT