ADVERTISEMENT

Daughter wants to drop out of USC after junior year.

I was not just talking homeOWNERS- I was referring to foreclosures and eviction dangers… It was at 10MM last I checked the middle of last year.

This article from the end of the year mentioned figures well north of 20MM renters alone who are (were?) or rather WOULD BE in danger of eviction without the moritorium. “An estimated 23 million people are at risk of getting evicted.” You add that to millions of homeowners substantially behind on mortgage payments and we could see an absolute catastrophy when the government stops propping people up.
That is a terrible situation for all of those who are facing rent hardships and hope there is some sort of relief. That article alludes to some help and hope more is on the way. But again, I dont see how a rush of evictions of renters will affect a housing market thats in a huge supply shortage nor did I see anything like that mentioned in your source. Maybe I misread the article.

That is a terrible situation for all of those who are facing rent hardships and hope there is some sort of relief. That article alludes to some help and hope more is on the way. But again, I dont see how a rush of evictions of renters will affect a housing market thats in a huge supply shortage.
I added a blurb on that to my post above… investors losing revenue do not buy new houses- buyers go down, demand drops, prices drop… The housing market is wide and it’s own sector, but does not exist in a vacuum- rising rates, if coupled with mass evictions and foreclosures could cause a tumble. Again- this is not a prediction of another 2008, just a warning that this is a bubble and there are multiple factors festering under the surface that could and likely eventually will slow the market down in the coming years…

That is a terrible situation for all of those who are facing rent hardships and hope there is some sort of relief. That article alludes to some help and hope more is on the way. But again, I dont see how a rush of evictions of renters will affect a housing market thats in a huge supply shortage nor did I see anything like that mentioned in your source. Maybe I misread the article.

It's wild that we are allowing institutional capital to purchase single-family homes w/ trillions of free capital given to them via quantitative easing.

Since Biden has been in office, we're close to 10 trillion printed out of thin air. And this is following two presidents who did the same.

This is setting up for a total disaster.

Last edited:
My son wanted to leave school after his sophomore year so his band could chase their dream of "making it" in the music business. I gave him my blessing because I didn't want him to always wonder what if. He promised me he'd go back to school and get his degree if the music thing didn't work out, which he did.
My brother left about a semester to do for his psychology degree in South Carolina. He's an Amazing drummer and went on tour with the idea he would come back and finish in 1988. A decade of touring all over North America he now manages a restaurant in Myrtle Beach. Still didn't go back.

ADVERTISEMENT