ADVERTISEMENT

Dave Classen or Will Healy, they will stay when other schools come calling. .

I’m a Chadwell guy, but Napier or Clawson? I’m on board with either of the three, fwiw.
I am thoroughly unimpressed with Clawson’s resume... He had a decent year last year I guess, but his cap at WF so far is like 8 wins? Took him a long time to get there too.. And the comments Pollack made are that he has sub-par talent and produces better than expected results? Doesn’t that also mean he has not recruited well? Do we want a guy who can’t recruit? don’t pretend to know a bunch about him but that would be a random hire IMO.

I am thoroughly unimpressed with Clawson’s resume... He had a decent year last year I guess, but his cap at WF so far is like 8 wins? Took him a long time to get there too.. And the comments Pollack made are that he has sub-par talent and produces better than expected results? Doesn’t that also mean he has not recruited well? Do we want a guy who can’t recruit? don’t pretend to know a bunch about him but that would be a random hire IMO.

This is where you have to consider where he is. How many 4-5 star athletes are going to Wake Forest in any sport? I think he’s a solid coach and could do more in a program with more resources.

Reactions: alexj1
Now if somebody is looking for that magical guy that is going to have success at USC, and stay there for a lifetime, that is like finding a needle in a hay stack. USC is a decent job, but if the SEC stays the SEC, it has very little chance of becoming an elite job. Any sustained success at USC would make them very attractive to those places where a national championship can be competed for on a regular basis. And no matter how much they talk about bleeding school colors, football coaches are merely high paid mercenaries with far less emotional involvement to the school than the fan base. So is USC a stepping stone job in a way? Yes.

Now if somebody is looking for that magical guy that is going to have success at USC, and stay there for a lifetime, that is like finding a needle in a hay stack. USC is a decent job, but if the SEC stays the SEC, it has very little chance of becoming an elite job. Any sustained success at USC would make them very attractive to those places where a national championship can be competed for on a regular basis. And no matter how much they talk about bleeding school colors, football coaches are merely high paid mercenaries with far less emotional involvement to the school than the fan base. So is USC a stepping stone job in a way? Yes.

I wonder where we would be today if we had been a 'stepping stool' school in football.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT