ADVERTISEMENT

Dawn Staley: no desire to coach in WNBA

gamecockblack

Jun 25, 2015
Columbia
Coach Staley confirmed in an interview that she has no desire to coach in the WNBA. Says that "her work here isn't done" & that she "still has championships to win here at South Carolina." I was delighted to here her say this. I believe she will stay here for at least another 7-10 years hopefully. Dawn isn't leaving anytime soon gamecock faithful.

Anyone with an IQ above 70 knows the WNBA can't afford her...But i do not mean to undermine the enthusiasm...Her love for South Carolina is genuine...She will not leave for another University either...Unless of course the Admins do something insane and tick her off..She has the best of everything WBB has to offer here

Reactions: gamecockblack
Dawn is one of the biggest assets the University has. I believe Tanner will keep her happy..and if he doesn't the BOT and Pastides will. Dawn is a hundred carat diamond...and everybody knows it.

Dawn is one of the biggest assets the University has. I believe Tanner will keep her happy..and if he doesn't the BOT and Pastides will. Dawn is a hundred carat diamond...and everybody knows it.

If i were Tanner and Pastides i would bump her salary up to where she is close to Auriemma's but behind no one else...We need to nix the temptation for some University to offer her a boat load of money to lure her away

The adaption the team made post-Coates was phenomenal. Dawn went guard to wing , letting Asia hover around the basket.
Our freshmen bigs got a lot of experience when spelling Asia. We will adapt when our young studs arrive as well.

Reactions: rogue cock
Anyone with an IQ above 70 knows the WNBA can't afford her...But i do not mean to undermine the enthusiasm...Her love for South Carolina is genuine...She will not leave for another University either...Unless of course the Admins do something insane and tick her off..She has the best of everything WBB has to offer here
Dawn Staley is one woman that I absolutely Love and Admire!! She's AWESOME!!

7 to 10 years isn't enough, I want her to stay here until she retires.
In a perfect world & best case scenario, Dawn would coach here another 20 years or so. That would put her around the age of 65 & she would have been at South Carolina for close to 30 years (same as Muffett at ND). Dawn has 1 national title in 9 years. Muffett has 1 in 30 years (for some perspective). One could argue that IF she does stay that long she could win another 5-6 national titles at least. She could win another 10+ SEC regular season titles easily. When it's all said & done she'll be in rarified air with Pat & Geno in the wbb world. I believe that's what she wants.

But you don't want her retirement to run the course of the Spurrier prototype. Admittedly, we are several years away from that concern.
Haha king ward you're full of it. Spurrier was 70 years old, seventy! Dawn is 45. The woman could easily coach another 15+ years. "Admittedly, we are several years away from that concern". Really? Lol too funny. You look for ways to be negative. It's hilarious

Reactions: 92Pony
Haha king ward you're full of it. Spurrier was 70 years old, seventy! Dawn is 45. The woman could easily coach another 15+ years. "Admittedly, we are several years away from that concern". Really? Lol too funny. You look for ways to be negative. It's hilarious
Obviously, the salient point was lost on you. People don't have to be 70 to tire of a situation without leaving it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT