ADVERTISEMENT

Dawn Staley question here

CCUIrmo

Jul 15, 2010
She is the coach of Team USA. They are playing games against UConn and Louisville in Jan and Feb and I think few other games against college teams. Will she coach those games even though during peak conference season for USC or does she have an asst. that will do it. I thought some assistants were other college coaches. Am I mistaken somewhere or how does that work? Just seems alot to balance and be effective if she is doing both at same time.

She's the head coach. I feel sure she would be there. I would imagine they were scheduled to avoid conflict with the USC schedule.

She has a roster with 5 special freshmen playing crucial roles. She moderated to make that her priority until after our season. The USAWNT has so many pedaled veterans they can prolly manage these tuneups without a coach.

They also play at Oregon this Saturday so you know she is not going there and then to Maryland for that big game Sunday. Just wonder how its being handled is all, just curious.

She will not be there for those games. She wasn't there for the games vs Stanford and Oregon state. USA basketball is a robust organization. The HBC doesn't have to run every early exhibition.

She is the coach of Team USA. They are playing games against UConn and Louisville in Jan and Feb and I think few other games against college teams. Will she coach those games even though during peak conference season for USC or does she have an asst. that will do it. I thought some assistants were other college coaches. Am I mistaken somewhere or how does that work? Just seems alot to balance and be effective if she is doing both at same time.

She isn't coaching in those exhibition games during the college season.

The national team plays A&M tonight. It may even be on the SEC Network. Hopefully A'ja will swat a couple of Chennedy Carter's shots into the stands.

A'ja will miss the next two games. She is in Columbia. Death of a loved one.

She's the head coach. I feel sure she would be there. I would imagine they were scheduled to avoid conflict with the USC schedule.
Cheryl Reeves, one of Dawn's Assistants with the national team is coaching them in all of the exhibitions. Cheryl is the head coach of the Minnesota Lynx of the WNBA and she is being assisted by another WNBA coach who is also one of Dawn's assistants. Dawn, neither Jennifer Rozzotti who is also a college coach of George Mason, and also one of Dawn's assistants with USA Basketball coach these exhibition games because of their college commitments. This story was on the USA Basketball page when games and the players were announced.

Reactions: winloseortie
I definitely say her team is more important over exhibition games that the other coaches can handle. Most of the assistants are head coaches in the WNBA.

Reactions: gamecockblack
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT