ADVERTISEMENT

Debated whether to post this, but my question is why doesn't

Dec 11, 2018
Planet SCAR, Daytona Beach Shores
our video team put videos like this on social media.
This is 6-7 years ago and look where they are now.
We have players in the NFL and some that have since retired.
Social media presence year around is priceless.
Doing a little bit preseason and during season, is just going through the motions.
Ignore the clemshit, and see the way and how they are using all they had back then.
We have the history and I am sure our media people are paid well.
This job is not on WM or the players, it is on the school's athletic dept.
We need this type of promos 365, not just in season.
I have no graphic skills or I would try to produce videos like this.
I received this from a tater a couple weeks ago, but came across it cleaning out old emails.
I laughed at it alot because we do the same, we just do it the Gamecock way.
I just ignored the 'urrrng' throughout.
While I hated their message, I think to a high school athlete looking at it; it would be powerful.
There are media staff in the athletic department that get paid good money to do this.
Please A.D. do videos like this and flood social media with all types of videos.

Cluck fempson. Beat them on the field and none of this inane bulljunk matters. None of the things they did hype wise and social media wise mattered when we spanked their arse 5 years in a row.
Before I get clobbered, I do admit and understand that they’ve handed us our arses since 2014. I just don’t think that the hype videos and twitter/instagram/ snapchat stuff they do helps them win games.

Reactions: SOSUSC
Cluck fempson. Beat them on the field and none of this inane bulljunk matters. None of the things they did hype wise and social media wise mattered when we spanked their arse 5 years in a row.
Before I get clobbered, I do admit and understand that they’ve handed us our arses since 2014. I just don’t think that the hype videos and twitter/instagram/ snapchat stuff they do helps them win games.
It potentially helps them bring in top players year after year which is what helps them win games.

Potentially. I’m just not in the group or people that are envious of what they do hype wise. A lot of these kids that go there do so because they’re winning, which goes back to my response to the op. Beat them on the field, and their cheerleading and hype doesn’t matter.

Potentially. I’m just not in the group or people that are envious of what they do hype wise.

I remember this exact idea being thrown around when Oregon was in their prime, and had a new uniform every week. Some kids loved that, but did they go there for that, or because Oregon was winning games.

Imho, it's at least a benefit, even if it's a small one.

Last edited:
I could post 100 awesome videos on this thread if you want me too. Justin King and his team do a great job.

Reactions: USC2USC
Not really! Not even close.

I’m actually pretty sure our Media Team has won this award in the past couple of years. Now whether or not that’s translated to Social Media, I cant tell you. Which might be what you are saying. So for that, I don’t know how to compare. You may be right.

I do know they have a presence on Twitter. That’s where I see the most recruiting taking place on Social Media. No telling what they would be able to do with a team that gave them something to work with accomplishment-wise. Justin King left Alabama to come back to his Alma Mater. He’s the best there is.

I’m actually pretty sure our Media Team has won this award in the past couple of years. Now whether or not that’s translated to Social Media, I cant tell you. Which might be what you are saying. So for that, I don’t know how to compare.

I do know they have a presence on Twitter. That’s where I see the most recruiting taking place on Social Media. No telling what they would be able to do with a team that gave them something to work with accomplishment-wise. Justin King left Alabama to come back to his Alma Mater. He’s the best there is.
Dude, dont hit them with facts. They dont like it.

Reactions: uscedge21
I’m actually pretty sure our Media Team has won this award in the past couple of years. Now whether or not that’s translated to Social Media, I cant tell you. Which might be what you are saying. So for that, I don’t know how to compare.

I do know they have a presence on Twitter. No telling what they would be able to do with a team that gave them something to work with accomplishment-wise. Justin King left Alabama to come back to his Alma Mater. He’s the best there is.
Don’t know about that. Proof is in the pudding! Not much proof so far!!

Dude, dont hit them with facts. They dont like it.

In his defense I don’t know whether or not we do a good job of promoting what we release media-wise. I’m not saying he’s right but I’m just saying I don’t know. But as far as content, as you mentioned it’s as good as it gets. And if we’d win a title or something...it would be ridiculous.

Don’t know about that. Proof is in the pudding! Not much proof so far!!

What would be proof? That we actually received National Recognition? Or wins on the field? Our Social Media team isn’t dressing out. Our problem isn’t our Media Dept. If our other areas the team would match our Media Department we’d be in the running for a title every year.

I’m still trying to understand this statement from OP:
We have the history and I am sure our media people are paid well.”
Serious question, what is the history of Carolina football with the exception of Spurrier’s tenure and the 1969 ACC Championship?

What would be proof? That we actually received National Recognition? Or wins on the field? Our Social Media team isn’t dressing out. Our problem isn’t our Media Dept. If our other areas the team would match our Media Department we’d be in the running for a title every year.
Social media awards mean nothing unless it translates to better recruiting & wins on the field. 3 stars galore and 4-8? You can see my quandary.
Maybe you are right and I hope so. Five years in, just not seeing it yet.

Last edited:
What if I told you the guy responsible for this at Clemson is a USC grad and as a student worked for Holtz and Spurrier..

And now of course, you have people trying to change the subject to the football team. Because they are wrong about the media team. And dont want to stick to the topic..

Reactions: GivEmDaSpurs
Social media is huge when it comes to recruitment. It's the platform in which these kids can get a sense of the culture and excitement of their sport at each school. That sort of advertisment pays dividends when these kids decided to pick schools visit. I can't speak for other sports that well, but our WBB social media has set the bar when it comes to creating hype compared to rest of the nation.

It potentially helps them bring in top players year after year which is what helps them win games.
LOL. What brings in the top players is they cheat. Many of you think it's jealousy. It's not. Those of you old enough to remember when they won the one national title they had in 1981 the NCAA put them on probation FOR MAJOR VIOLATIONS. THEY WERE BANNED FROM A BOWL GAME AND TV FOR 3 YEARS. Once Spurrier stomped them 2,3, 4 and then 5 times in a row they started buying players again. Nobody does anything about it. Sorry, the best players aren't going to Clempson SC without being paid and bought. The place isn't that appealing to an 18-19 year old.

our video team put videos like this on social media.
This is 6-7 years ago and look where they are now.
We have players in the NFL and some that have since retired.
Social media presence year around is priceless.
Doing a little bit preseason and during season, is just going through the motions.
Ignore the clemshit, and see the way and how they are using all they had back then.
We have the history and I am sure our media people are paid well.
This job is not on WM or the players, it is on the school's athletic dept.
We need this type of promos 365, not just in season.
I have no graphic skills or I would try to produce videos like this.
I received this from a tater a couple weeks ago, but came across it cleaning out old emails.
I laughed at it alot because we do the same, we just do it the Gamecock way.
I just ignored the 'urrrng' throughout.
While I hated their message, I think to a high school athlete looking at it; it would be powerful.
There are media staff in the athletic department that get paid good money to do this.
Please A.D. do videos like this and flood social media with all types of videos.

I also don't agree. Now I am the first to say SC does not always do a good job with PR, our website presence, media relations, etc. Clempson kicks our tail here.

But the video efforts have been dramatically better since Justin King came back to USC. I like what they do and hear the same a lot form others.

Reactions: jeff2001
LOL. What brings in the top players is they cheat. Many of you think it's jealousy. It's not. Those of you old enough to remember when they won the one national title they had in 1981 the NCAA put them on probation FOR MAJOR VIOLATIONS. THEY WERE BANNED FROM A BOWL GAME AND TV FOR 3 YEARS. Once Spurrier stomped them 2,3, 4 and then 5 times in a row they started buying players again. Nobody does anything about it. Sorry, the best players aren't going to Clempson SC without being paid and bought. The place isn't that appealing to an 18-19 year old.
Whatever makes you feel better. They were bringing in top players during the time Spurrier was beating them. What changed is they kept the head cheerleader and recruiter and surrounded him with guys who could actually coach the talent he was bringing in. At the same time the actual coaches we had were leaving for other opportunities and Spurrier just replaced them with the first guy that asked him for a job. By the end of his time here we were down to one guy who could coach and the tide had shifted.

Reactions: Bear_Rooster
Whatever makes you feel better. They were bringing in top players during the time Spurrier was beating them. What changed is they kept the head cheerleader and recruiter and surrounded him with guys who could actually coach the talent he was bringing in. At the same time the actual coaches we had were leaving for other opportunities and Spurrier just replaced them with the first guy that asked him for a job. By the end of his time here we were down to one guy who could coach and the tide had shifted.
Exactly right!

I love the videos that were posted, and I love the uniform videos that are published before the games . They give me chills, and make me want to go outside and try to tackle one of these big oak trees in my yard! I don’t think that other than winning games, the taters, nor any other team do anything media-wise any better than USC. I do know that kids these days are into that type of thing, and this stuff heightens their interest in a school. At the end of the day, they’re competitors, and competitors want to win. Win games, and the recruiting becomes easier.

If you want to see the great social media productions, you need to be on Twitter. All of the sports have good stuff put out frequently. Justin King and staff do a good job.

People want to dismiss this out of hand but there is at least a modicum of truth to this. In fact, I believe that all schools cheat to one degree or another. Some just do it better than others. I do not want to start yet another debate on this subject but am merely pointing out that my friend "uscusc1987" does not wear a tin foil hat.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT