ADVERTISEMENT

Deebo is not playing ****

Disappointing...hope we can establish the run 'cause turnovers are an issue with Bentley when pressured and if I'm UVA, I'm bringing the pressure without the reliable and Bentley's go to man sitting out.

That's ridiculous!!!

Thanks a lot!, I'm sure the team was counting on you...

Hope you end up in Cleveland!

How much more of an ass can you be? The kid has left everything he has on the field for the garnet and black. And you expect him to suit up for The Belk Bowl against someone we should smoke with or without him? Kinda selfish I say! Good luck to Deebo! I hope he gets a huge signing bonus and can free himself and any of his family form any type of struggles!

Wish he’d play but this was bound to happen at some point. I understand given his previous injuries. This is the first season he stayed completely healthy. Thanks for being a great Gamecock.

Now time to get Edwards and Smith rolling even more. Bet we see the freshmen a bit more too.

Probably one of the things Vegas knew to put the line at -3.5. About right without our best player. Hopefully our guys knowing Deebo won’t be there will help them stay focused leading up to it.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
How much more of an ass can you be? The kid has left everything he has on the field for the garnet and black. And you expect him to suit up for The Belk Bowl against someone we should smoke with or without him? Kinda selfish I say! Good luck to Deebo! I hope he gets a huge signing bonus and can free himself and any of his family form any type of struggles!

WF3BH is really on a roll this past week. Oh well...

Then why did he come back in the first place? BS.

He was injured last season. Looked great early but hadn’t shown enough for scouts to draft him high. He had the kind of season this year he needed to have and that’s why he came back. Smart decision for him to come back for senior year. Disappointing but understandable decision to skip the bowl game.

When all these kids started doing this garbage, I quickly came to the conclusion that if I was responsible for picking players in the NFL draft, I'd skip right over these guys.

It's a team game and I'd want to know that a player wouldn't abandon the team for selfish reasons.

I don't care what rational is used, the bottom line is these kids are abandoning their team when it matters most. No other way to slice it.

He wasn’t injured last season. Looked great early but hadn’t shown enough for scouts to draft him high. He had the kind of season this year he needed to have and that’s why he came back. Smart decision for him to come back for senior year. Disappointing but understandable decision to skip the bowl game.
I'm over it now you have to do what's right for you I reckon.

I'm over it now you have to do what's right for you I reckon.

Yeah, it’s especially hard to fault him. We won’t care if we just win. If we lose, the sting may linger a bit.

We’ve played a lot without Deebo over the years. He made us better but we’ll be ok. He didn’t get to play in many Bowls though. Birmingham the only one I guess...

While disappointing its hard to fault him after what just happend to Bailey. He doesn't have anything else to prove in this game and this is a practice for the yournger guys. Lets let Shi, Edwards and Van get used to the idea being without him. It will give us an idea of what the offense will look like next year. We do need someone that can stretch the field the way Debo does. Hopefully we have someone we are recruiting.

Reactions: Athenscock1
Muschamp just text me wanting to know if I will return kickoffs in the game told him now that Deebo is gone I would. I hope they all sail into the endzone if not just park the ambulance on the 50 and wait .Laughing

Reactions: DrMickey
When all these kids started doing this garbage, I quickly came to the conclusion that if I was responsible for picking players in the NFL draft, I'd skip right over these guys.

It's a team game and I'd want to know that a player wouldn't abandon the team for selfish reasons.

I don't care what rational is used, the bottom line is these kids are abandoning their team when it matters most. No other way to slice it.

NFL is a different monster. Most of those guys are selfish anyway. I don’t think this bothers the scouts in the least. Possibly if a pick comes between two guys they have graded evenly. But in a way it says these guys are serious about their NFL careers. Scouts have enough to go on with Deebo. One game wasn’t going to make a huge difference. If his coaches bashed him to the GM’s that would be one thing, but Muschamp already said before this he supports the student athlete. I’m sure he and the team understand given his previous injuries and lack of durability. He can get paid playing football. 2nd contract is no guarantee for a player like Deebo. He needs to go as high in the draft as possible. Sucks...no doubt about it. But this is one case where I get it. If we were in a NY6 Bowl, I may feel different.

Last edited:

If I am an NFL GM, I’m going to pick the best players who can help me win and keep my job. The Belk Bowl will have zero factor in my decision.

In fact, I may view him as a smarter guy, willing to protect himself. He may be considered less likely to do stupid things in the offseason like freak 4-wheeler accidents that affect the NFL team which is paying him.

I love being an ASS as you say.

Deebo is selfish... He is the reason we are playing in a Bowl game and he is letting his teammates down... Letting fans down...

He is, now was the featured player at the bowl game... This could help him his draft pick...

Deebo is good for 14 - 21 points....

Now I really have doubts that we can win this game...

I love being an ASS as you say.

Deebo is selfish... He is the reason we are playing in a Bowl game and he is letting his teammates down... Letting fans down...

He is, now was the featured player at the bowl game... This could help him his draft pick...

Deebo is good for 14 - 21 points....

Now I really have doubts that we can win this game...
It's his call but the agents get in their heads, there ain't no sure contracts and as a paying fan I have a right to be selfish too...lol

Oh poor thing! Did he hurt your feelings because he is looking out for his FUTURE! This guy laid it on the line for USC and playing in the damn Belk Bowl can do more harm then good. You should retract what you said.

Sorry, read Deebo's own words: > "I will be at the bowl game to cheer on my brothers and to thank USC, the fans and my family for making my dreams come true!"

His dreams. All about him, not about team. Football = team game. Selfish. Again (3x) cannot be sliced or rationalized any other way. End of story. Cleveland would be too good. I'm thinking Buffalo.

If I am an NFL GM, I’m going to pick the best players who can help me win and keep my job. The Belk Bowl will have zero factor in my decision.

In fact, I may view him as a smarter guy, willing to protect himself. He may be considered less likely to do stupid things in the offseason like freak 4-wheeler accidents that affect the NFL team which is paying him.
Hell man, he could get hurt in the combine. I don't like it but I guess things happen that way I'm over it.

Sorry, read Deebo's own words: > "I will be at the bowl game to cheer on my brothers and to thank USC, the fans and my family for making my dreams come true!"

His dreams. All about him, not about team. Football = team game. Selfish. Again (3x) cannot be sliced or rationalized any other way. End of story. Cleveland would be too good. I'm thinking Buffalo.

I forgot Buffalo has a team... I thought they drop down to College level...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT