ADVERTISEMENT

Deebo is not playing ****

That's ridiculous!!!

Thanks a lot!, I'm sure the team was counting on you...

Hope you end up in Cleveland!
What a sorry thing to say. Why play in one meaningless game and risk injury when you have had an injury prone career. Look at Zack Bailey. Because of his injury he will probably miss the NFL combines.

You show that you don't have durability by being out hurt. You show durability by playing. Maybe you are hung up on the word prove, make it "show" then. That is how you show durability, just play.

You can’t show you have durability. Period.

One thing I can GUARANTEE you a scout would not say if he played the Belk Bowl is, “well, he showed he didn’t get hurt today.”

Reactions: paladin181
Right. Turn it down then everyone is safe and won’t get hurt
You know we can just agree to disagree. Some people think it's a big deal. I don't. Some of you I can discuss it with, others believe their opinion is the end all be all. It's cool. I'm withdrawing from the discussion, because ultimately, I don't really care. Just hate to see people bashing our players, or bitching that our wins aren't big enough.

Also keep in mind guys like Deebo get one shot . Most rookies never make it to a second contract . The more he can increase his draft stock in the next few months the more money he is gonna make . Unfortunately scouts look way more at his combine results than how he plays in a mid tier Bowl .

To be honest, this went on in the past. Players would just be labeled "injured" and not play.

That's the reason Lou didn't let injured players travel to bowl games. I remember that caused a big stink one year. I can't remember the player.

To be honest, this went on in the past. Players would just be labeled "injured" and not play.

That's the reason Lou didn't let injured players travel to bowl games. I remember that caused a big stink one year. I can't remember the player.

Yeah, Kalimba Edwards. Nothing new under the sun.

Reactions: DarkCock
You can’t show you have durability. Period.

One thing I can GUARANTEE you a scout would not say if he played the Belk Bowl is, “well, he showed he didn’t get hurt today.”

It would be a factor showing durability just like every other game he played, just like every game he missed would go towards showing he isn't durable. If it was me, with durability a concern, I would want to play as many games as possible to overcome the general view that i wasn't durable.

It would be a factor showing durability just like every other game he played, just like every game he missed would go towards showing he isn't durable. If it was me, with durability a concern, I would want to play as many games as possible to overcome the general view that i wasn't durable.

I think the issue whether Deebo is durable or not has been settled. He’s not. That’s just my opinion and I think thats one thing that will certainly hurt him come draft time. I still don’t think one game matters that much. Especially since it’s much riskier not being durable than the payoff of one more game to show durability. I just don’t think the scouts will ignore the huge chunks of seasons missed the past 3 years here.

Muschamp just text me wanting to know if I will return kickoffs in the game told him now that Deebo is gone I would. I hope they all sail into the endzone if not just park the ambulance on the 50 and wait .Laughing
You want to wait for them to drive 45 yards to get you?

Maybe all seniors should skip bowl games.
All seniors seriously contemplating a pro career. It is the logical conclusion. It's OK to withdraw now. Apparently lots of people even think it's great. There won't be any stigma. I'd certainly say go ahead and hang up the college cleats if you figure on being drafted - in any round. Maybe they shouldn't even wait for the bowl. You can get hurt in any ball game.

Am sure considering the last couple of years, that Deebo felt like he was sitting on a time bomb all year. Had a lot to lose if injured again.o don't blame him one bit. No sense risking an injury in a lower level, meaningless bowl. Or any bowl out of the playoffs for that matter.

Then let ask Tanner to cancel the Belk Bowl...

The Belk Bowl is garbage...

Most coaches like bowls because it allows younger players to get more reps. Players like bowls because of the free perks that they get. Other than that it is meaningless. Deebo wants the extra time to prepare for the rest of his life. I don't blame him one bit.

This SUX, but hey, Next man up!! It didnt hurt Mccaffery, i hope it doesnt deter a GM with a tough decision drafting a WR, and between, say a Deebo and a Stanley Morgan, them they see Stanley Morgan put up a Big number in their bowl game, HMMMM Oh well, i wish him the best..

Last edited:
He needs to go to Athlete's Performance in Arizona. They are the best at training for combine. He has a good combine he could be a late 3rd rounder.

I'm not playing either
WTH!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOO
giphy.gif

This really is a disappointing trend...not specifically Deebo...but in general, because it will eventually drastically change college football. I know why they do it and I can't say I blame them. But someone always wants to get an early start on everyone else and the early start gets earlier and earlier. It used to be you played college for 4 years before the NFL, but left school in Dec/Jan (after the season) to get a jump on the draft. Then we started seeing Jrs leaving a year early. Now players with high draft stock are sitting for bowl games. High school seniors are enrolling early and in some cases graduating a year early. Next it will be the potential top 10-20 picks sitting, then all the 1st rounders, then all the 1st and 2nd rounders etc, until its anyone entering the draft sitting. Then JRs & SRs with draft potential sitting mid season or even their entire last season. Redshirting will be a thing of the past. And it is just a matter of time before a high schooler comes along that is physically ready for the NFL and gets the rules changed.

This really is a disappointing trend...not specifically Deebo...but in general, because it will eventually drastically change college football. I know why they do it and I can't say I blame them. But someone always wants to get an early start on everyone else and the early start gets earlier and earlier. It used to be you played college for 4 years before the NFL, but left school in Dec/Jan (after the season) to get a jump on the draft. Then we started seeing Jrs leaving a year early. Now players with high draft stock are sitting for bowl games. High school seniors are enrolling early and in some cases graduating a year early. Next it will be the potential top 10-20 picks sitting, then all the 1st rounders, then all the 1st and 2nd rounders etc, until its anyone entering the draft sitting. Then JRs & SRs with draft potential sitting mid season or even their entire last season. Redshirting will be a thing of the past. And it is just a matter of time before a high schooler comes along that is physically ready for the NFL and gets the rules changed.
yep, gonna go the way of the NBA before long... one and done... Not wanting to play as a sophomore and chance getting hurt..

Have in on the scholarship papers for every school: "Play until the season is over." Deebo may miss a very meaningful experience. See Clowney.

Reactions: cockofdawn
ADVERTISEMENT