ADVERTISEMENT

Deebo td

It always amazes me when players actually look better in the pros than in college. Gee, he looks faster against pro defenses than he did here, and he was fast.

Why would he play in the Belk bowl? He couldn't have fixed that disaster and only could have got hurt for no reason.

He could have possibly made a difference. Our single biggest offensive weapon...our “game-changer”. I understand his rationale for not playing in it, but was disappointed that he didn’t see it (the season) through. That said , I’m very much enjoying seeing him have the success he’s experiencing now!!

Reactions: cockofdawn
He looks stronger as well, after one year in the NFL. I believe our S&C has been lacking since Muschamps showed up on campus.

Hell if all I did was play football and workout instead of play football and go to class I would be bigger and stronger too.

Why would he play in the Belk bowl? He couldn't have fixed that disaster and only could have got hurt for no reason.
you play, because you try and support the brother's that have Blocked for you all year, Sweat with you all year, supported YOU ALL YEAR..

Exactly. You hear all these guys talk about brotherhood and "going to war" with each other. To bail out on your teammates is something I'll never be OK with. He could have been a difference maker in that bowl game.

and it appears he did the right thing, considering his injury prone history...dont blame the kid one bit for protecting his future...it would take an idiot to that, right?
Not worth holding a grudge for the rest of your life. Personal decision. Guarantee his old teammates are still rooting for him. He wasn't first to do it and wont be the last either. Not my place to judge the guy. I heard Clowney has a child out of wedlock. I can't root for him anymore

Not worth holding a grudge for the rest of your life. Personal decision. He wasn't first to do it and wont be the last either. Not my place to judge the guy. I heard Clowney has a child out of wedlock. I can't root for him anymore
i know most of the guys that havent had any injuries dont even think about it and probably play, but under his circumstances, i would wonder what he was thinking if he had played

Reactions: GeoCocky
i know most of the guys that havent had any injuries dont even think about it and probably play, but under his circumstances, i would wonder what he was thinking if he had played
Yep, guy essentially had two season ending injury at Carolina.

Jadaveon phoned in his junior year and then declared for the draft without playing his senior year. Am I supposed to hold a grudge against him for letting down his team, too?

Not worth holding a grudge for the rest of your life. Personal decision. Guarantee his old teammates are still rooting for him. He wasn't first to do it and wont be the last either. Not my place to judge the guy. I heard Clowney has a child out of wedlock. I can't root for him anymore

Not to condone it, but are you holding Connor Shaw, Javon Kinlaw, and others to the same standard? (though I guess Connor was technically 'in wedlock' since his first child was born a month or two after the wedding).

Jadaveon phoned in his junior year and then declared for the draft without playing his senior year. Am I supposed to hold a grudge against him for letting down his team, too?
did he play his final Game as a Gamecock or sit out the last bowl game verses Wisconsin?? HMMM.... SO in other words his brothers that played with him, by his side and supported him all year, he failed to play with them that last bowl game vs Wisconsn?? how dare him.. WAIT....... He did?? he played that game?? OH MY!!

Not to condone it, but are you holding Connor Shaw, Javon Kinlaw, and others to the same standard? (though I guess Connor was technically 'in wedlock' since his first child was born a month or two after the wedding).
Dude, it was complete sarcasm. Did you not understand my point? I was the one who created this thread about Deebo and do the same for Gilmore and Clowney and Alshon and so forth. I support all my Gamecocks in the NFL. Not my job to judge them. They are great guys. Also help in the community. Stay out of trouble. Deserve our support.

The Penn State game was full of guys who were playing their final games prior to the draft. The announcers talked about this and how many of them talked about wanting to finish out their time for Franklin. Most of the guys you see play out always talk about what they want to do for their teammates and coaches. I think seeing guys back to back shut down on the team says as much about our HC as it does them.

and it appears he did the right thing, considering his injury prone history...dont blame the kid one bit for protecting his future...it would take an idiot to that, right?

No, just a guy with little character. He let his team mates down.
Money is all that matters to guys like you.....screw everyone else.

Well Spurrier quit on the team too, no matter what excuse he made for leaving mid-season. His ego wouldn’t let him continue to be associated with what he created.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT