Demetris Summers sentenced to 8 years after pleading guilty

Discussion in 'Fighting Gamecocks Forum' started by rockingamecock, Apr 15, 2017.

1. Cackdiesel

Cackdiesel Active Member
    Expand Collapse

I don't necessarily disagree with you, but using this logic, should we also stop locking up murderers and rapists?

Maybe we only have half the problem now that we would have if drugs were legal. Maybe it does work for a lot of people.

2. jimnasium

jimnasium Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

What? Did you say ruining there lives by putting them in jail? What about the lives this loser ruined by selling and making these drugs! Prison is not supposed to for rehab it's supposed to be for punishment you can't rehab a drug dealer you gotta punish him to where he never wants to see drugs again. We are talking about a guy who had every chance on earth to find that good job or another path but chose to be a parasite. If he had sold his death to one of your family members would you still be hoping for a different path or jail time for him? One thing that is wrong in this picture are the one who has the bleeding heart for the dealers and manufactures of this hell. He had all the help he could handle but turned his back on it, remember this is not his first offense. You feel sorry for him I hope he does every day of the 8 years.

3. rockingamecock

rockingamecock Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

8 years is not enough for scumbag Summers . . . not even close. I guess I'd think differently if I hadn't lost one of my children unexpectedly. It all started with drugs.

4. jimnasium

Expand Collapse

It sheds a whole new light on things when they effect us personally doesn't it.

5. paladin181

paladin181 Active Member
    Expand Collapse

People make bad decisions. Those decisions have consequences. Ever done illegal drugs? I haven't because I chose not to. Imagine that. Making a choice not to do something wrong.

king ward likes this.
  6. king ward

king ward Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

You gotta help it hurt you. It always starts with a choice. The object of the addiction isn't a free moral agent like you are. Nothing judgmental about that.

7. funktavious

funktavious Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

It definitely leads to a lot of junk food.

8. funktavious

funktavious Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

There aren't many similarities between selling drugs and the acts of murder and rape. Dealing drugs is all about supply and demand. Murder and rape generally involves a very disturbed person attacking an unwilling victim

9. FWB4294

FWB4294 Member
    Expand Collapse

My favorite Lou Holtz Quote ever in reference to Derek Watson his Freshman year " Derek will fill an NFL stadium or he will sweep one up ". Classic !!! And pretty accurate

10. jimnasium

Expand Collapse

Lou knew even back then.

11. Bigjune121

Bigjune121 New Member
    Expand Collapse

. Every drug addict I ever met started with alcohol. Wouldn't the first drug be considered the gateway drug.?