ADVERTISEMENT

Demetrius Summers arrested again

DarkCock

Jan 21, 2006
http://www.wistv.com/story/30065596...running-back-arrested-on-drug-weapons-charges

Former South Carolina running back arrested on drug, weapons charges

8828222_G.jpg

Just a shame! Such a waste of God given talent

He isn't the first and unfortunately he won't be the last who throws away more than he would ever be able to gain doing that stuff. Just can't walk away while they still can I guess.

It's a WIS story so he's not letting the cat out of the bag, so to speak. We are not responsible for what people do in their lives after college.
But we can control what we post on here. Let someone find it on WIS if they want to know.

http://www.wistv.com/story/30065596...running-back-arrested-on-drug-weapons-charges

Former South Carolina running back arrested on drug, weapons charges

8828222_G.jpg

When I was a freshman in college at SC, we spent a good amount of time together. We had a class or two together and would do breakfast several days a week. Then we would meet up and go play basketball at the Strom. His downfall was the weed. Meat was a good guy and was down to earth, just ashame that he couldn't keep it together.

When I was a freshman in college at SC, we spent a good amount of time together. We had a class or two together and would do breakfast several days a week. Then we would meet up and go play basketball at the Strom. His downfall was the weed. Meat was a good guy and was down to earth, just ashame that he couldn't keep it together.

Hahahahahaahahahahahaahahahahahahahahhahaha

2,000+ students and faculty/coaches at LHS combined disagree with you.

My error Sumter - just figured it was like many of his other recruits , should have researched this prior to posting.
As a matter of fact, Spurrier kicked him off the team. Part of the purging of several bad seeds left over from the Holtz years.

He was recruited and played for Holtz for two seasons.....Spurrier kicked him off the team his first season as head coach.

No that is not the case. He was kicked off while Holtz was still the coach. I remember the day after it happened and the reporters hung around the Russell house while Meat myself and a few of the guys from the team were eating. A few got to close to the table and the lineman let the know real quick they weren't going to have it.

My error Sumter - just figured it was like many of his other recruits , should have researched this prior to posting.
So what Spurrier recruit has been arrested and in the news for drugs? Some of the recruits may not have performed as hoped, but you don't see USC players in the news for drugs or other things. Even Saint Dabo had a current player arrested for drugs.

Reactions: Quisp
Yes you should have.

But I fear it won't cause hesitation before your next incredibly dumb post...like the link you posted above.
I agree.

While I won't go so far as to call every negative poster a tater, I am baffled by "fans" who scour the internet to find any derogatory article about our program in order to post it here.

I have concerns about our team too, but I can not see being a fan and posting only things that are ugly about our coaches, team and program.

SSDD - another of the fantastic Spurrier recruits.

BS

Summers (the Gamecocks leading rusher) was the 1st player Spurrier kicked off the team he took over from Lou Holtz. Before his first season on the field Spurrier subsequently kicked off at least six more players while several left on their own.

If the 'blue cat' wants to talk about misguided college players fill us all in on the biggest point-shaving, gambling, mafia-controlled college basketball scandal in the history of NCAA athletics involving AT LEAST four 'star' players from blue icon Adolph Rupp's Kentucky Wildcats 'we're untouchable' hoops history.

FWIW this 'story's headline should be "Arguably the most heavily-recruited, highest-rated, finest football player to ever play high school football in the state of South Carolina who chose to stay home and play for the Gamecocks only to be dismissed from the team by Coach Steve Spurrier in one of his first official acts as head coach was recently arrested yet again."

Reactions: Sumter Cock
My apologies. It was after the season, a few months into Spurriers tenure as coach.

It's an understandable mistake. The transition between Holtz and Spurrier was unusual. It was more like a handoff, with a couple (?) weeks without a coach in between.

SSDD - another of the fantastic Spurrier recruits.

Summers was a Parade All-American at Lexington High School, becoming the state of South Carolina's all-time career leader in rushing yards (9,076) and touchdowns (127). He was rated the fourth-best prospect and the best running back in the nation by Tom Lemming (Reggie Bush of Southern California ranked second). He was also rated the top prospect in the state by Rivals.com and the second-best running back in the country by Super Prep.

Summers is the fourth all-time leading rusher in high school football history. His 2002 rushing stats were 223 carries for 2,308 yards, 21 touchdowns and a per carry average of 10.3 yards. His 2001 stats were 2,329 yards and 39 touchdowns. He added South Carolina High School Sports Report's Mr. Football honors and was a consensus first-team All-State selection.

Summers was a member of the Southeastern Conference's 2003 All-Freshman team for South Carolina. He started eight games, missing the Florida contest after being carted off the field after suffering a concussion vs. Arkansas. He finished second on the team with 124 carries for 638 yards (5.1 avg) and three touchdowns. He added 146 yards on twelve catches (12.2 avg) and 111 yards on nine punt returns (12.3 av g).

Last edited by a moderator:
ADVERTISEMENT