ADVERTISEMENT

Deshaun Watson has a big story in USA Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like his coach steered him towards Clemson. He seems to have a real distaste for USC...and I'm sure that was all acquired on his own and not by his HS coach feeding him negative things about USC.

which he discusses in depth his knee injury and the decision to play against USC. He says in the story he will not lose to us. I usually shy away from posting tater stuff. However since some of the discussion is about us, figured I'd make an exception.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...on-clemson-quarterback-dabo-swinney/27090379/
He's an idiot. He would have to play in more that 6-7 games per year to win the Heisman and he is as fragile new born baby. He also will NEVER beat us again and will be lucky to finish any game he starts against us from here on out. Keep bragging baby boy!

He is good no doubt but we will see if he can stay healthy enough for Heisman consideration..

He's an idiot. He would have to play in more that 6-7 games per year to win the Heisman and he is as fragile new born baby. He also will NEVER beat us again and will be lucky to finish any game he starts against us from here on out. Keep bragging baby boy!

You really believe he won't beat you guys again? You may win this year in willy b but what makes you think you come into clemson in 16 and win?

This is all looking in the rear view mirror...for the game is over...but I feel if we could replay the game...we would have put more pressure on Watson. I guess we weren't expecting him to play...but looking back...I think we should have gone after him more. (I certainly don't mean to try to hurt him.)

I say he doesn't get past Louisville without a sprained knee, broken pinky, separated shoulder, high ankle sprain, etc. The kid is made of pretzel sticks.

He may never lose to us , but only because he might never play us again. He needs to pack on some muscle and stay healthy.

It's easy to talk big when you played against the defense we had last year. Wait until he runs into Lewis and Sawyer....might have a new found respsect for what Tajh Boyd had to go through.

This is all looking in the rear view mirror...for the game is over...but I feel if we could replay the game...we would have put more pressure on Watson. I guess we weren't expecting him to play...but looking back...I think we should have gone after him more. (I certainly don't mean to try to hurt him.)

i think had we blitzed, watson would have decimated us. we had no speed to blitz. watson would have plenty of time to see the openings left by blitzing, and raked us over the coals with wide open receivers. then to top it off we had no one who could tackle, so the score would have been more like 100-0. last year our defense was slow, poorly coached, and poorly played. we were horrible. jmho

Clowney said the Same thing and he backed it up. Let's see if watson can I doubt it.
Clowney certainly did back it up. But as far as putting in the effort and being a team player, he takes a backseat to Marcus Lattimore. That is the kind of player that I want to see on the Gamecock football team. Watson is obviously arrogant and likes to take shots at us. I just want players that keep their mouth shut, work hard and are focused on the team. All we have to do is hit him a couple times and beat klempsun. Should be a reasonable goal this fall.

Reactions: chick75
Really? Ya think we should've blitzed more? Dabdumb was smart enough to know how dumb Ward is. That's the only reason he played. They knew we had someone coaching defense that knew as much about defense as my month old baby girl. A blind squirrel finds more nuts than Ward in a contest.

The ONLY reason they won last year was the same reason Tennessee, Missouri, and the others did was because of Ward. I am not trying to start a Ward beat down but it's true.

Watson just seems to be a confident young man who's done pretty well the times he's been on the field, especially against us with one bum knee. But then again, last year our D made EVERY offense we played look great.

I think watson does need to be careful what he says publicly though, giving the other team bulletin board material is never a good thing. It works out for some, but for those times when it backfires on someone, they are left looking pretty damned stupid. Like the orange bowl when swinney said that after the game, he hoped everybody was talking 'bout that Clemsux defense. Well, they were talking about that Clemsux defense, only it was all BAD talk.

I just wonder if watson made that comment to his high school coach before or after they beat us last year?

May win this year in willy b? Lololololol we're going to beat their brains in. 63-17 will look like a wet dream compared to this year.

It's May....no one knows what's going to be going on in late November.

which he discusses in depth his knee injury and the decision to play against USC. He says in the story he will not lose to us. I usually shy away from posting tater stuff. However since some of the discussion is about us, figured I'd make an exception.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...on-clemson-quarterback-dabo-swinney/27090379/
“My high school coach was a big Clemson fan and I told him, as long as I’m the starting quarterback here, I’m not going to lose to South Carolina."

“That’s one of my goals and one of my dreams, to win the Heisman,”

Big talk for a half season player.

That seems more like what you want to happen than what is likely to happen. Can you honestly not see that the tide has turned back in our favor?

Reactions: tatertime
Sorry, I think he wins 1-2 more times.

He may never lose to us , but only because he might never play us again. He needs to pack on some muscle and stay healthy.

It's easy to talk big when you played against the defense we had last year. Wait until he runs into Lewis and Sawyer....might have a new found respsect for what Tajh Boyd had to go through.

Y'all don't have 1/4 of the defensive talent that Tajh had to face in his three games, and Watson is head and shoulders better than Boyd. If Clemson loses to SC again while Watson is here I'll eat my hat. Two programs going in opposite directions.

Reactions: ELR1981 and 4forcu
The ONLY reason they won last year was the same reason Tennessee, Missouri, and the others did was because of Ward. I am not trying to start a Ward beat down but it's true.

So you think y'all had better talent and enough to overcome home field advantage, but lost because of Ward?

“My high school coach was a big Clemson fan and I told him, as long as I’m the starting quarterback here, I’m not going to lose to South Carolina."

“That’s one of my goals and one of my dreams, to win the Heisman,”

Big talk for a half season player.
He should say that about Fla. State too and look doubly stupid .

Reactions: Tigerof66
Ho hum, another May, another (preseason) MNC, another Heisman winner or two, and trolls smack talking. Just about as sure as death and taxes.

Y'all don't have 1/4 of the defensive talent that Tajh had to face in his three games, and Watson is head and shoulders better than Boyd. If Clemson loses to SC again while Watson is here I'll eat my hat. Two programs going in opposite directions.
1 of the last 6 and we are two programs going in opposite directions ? That's funny right there I don't care who you are.

Taters lost their entire D. Oh wait they have better players coming in. LMAO

I take it you don't realize that 3 soph DL's, all with multiple starts since they were freshmen, had 4.5 TFL in the game vs. your "great OL". That the same two LB's that started vs OU return. That one CB and a safety that started all year, plus other DB's with starts, return. There are lots of rising sophs and RS FR who waited behind some really good players that will be counted on for depth.

Aren't you the team counting on some incoming JUCO's to change the nature of your D? You aren't there unless there are issues.

CU will not be as good as last year on D. Just don't have the quality experienced depth. But the talent all ready there and the incoming talent on D was more highly rated than yours at all positions. We all will get to see them play in Nov.

I have watched the replays of the 2014 Clemson-Carolina game over ten times. Clemson's offense had superior speed and if Stroudt and Hooper had not made those critical mistakes Clemson probably would have scored over fifty points. Carolina was slow on defense. Watch the tape of the game. How do you teach speed?

they-see-me-trolling-o.gif

Reactions: tatertime
Defensively, last year was la best case scenario for Clemson. We lost a ton on D and were struggling. They were loaded with veteran players on defense. This year will be a very different story.

"My man, Douchan." Yeah, how many passes did he actually have to throw down field in that game? He did make that great run near the goal line. He's going to have to convince me and the entire nation that he can stay healthy for at least 3 consecutive games before I'm buying anything Douchan puts out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT