ADVERTISEMENT

Deshaun Watson vs Connor Mitch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy shite! The level of ignorance on this board is beyond comical! There is no comparison. Mitch is a senior and STILL hasn't been named the starting QB. He couldn't even manage clean up duty vs FURMAN!! The lack of football IQ on this board is incredible. There is NO comparison. Watson is head and shoulders better than that scrub. Even Thompson got named the starter before the season started! This is the dumbest post I've ever read!

"Holy shite!" Cerebral Sunni? GunTotnTigr21 ... is that you AGAIN?

"Mitch is a senior and STILL hasn't been named the starting QB."

Uhh, no ... while it's true our QB's excel in the classroom and Mitch will probably only be taking classes like "How to Begin Your Hedge-Fund Portfolio" by the time he's a graduate-student, and possibly even as early as next year he's NOT a 'senior' he's a red shirt Sophomore on the 'Carolina roster.

"The lack of football IQ on this board is incredible."

See above.

"This is the dumbest post I've ever read!"

Well, no ... I read your other four. But - if it's any consolation you do not appear any 'dumber' than the other tiger cohorts infecting this board.

Good Lord, totin'-a-load ... considering the flurry of your recent activity and then perusing your 'posting' numbers (nearly your entire clan) it's almost as if you've all been released from prison at the same time!

Caution, blanks ... reading your material could cause some people to think you were stopped along with Clemson's FG kicker and that you've been licking your lips. You best take a nap.

The best QB by statistics in the state of South Carolina last year was Dylan Thompson and if he had a defense to back him up, he would have won more games than Watson and Stout also.

The best game played by a Clemson QB last season was Stout in the bowl game against Oklahoma.

Watson is not depndable because he is injury prone and

Your wrong on statistics! Dylan had higher total yards and Tds but not better statistics. If Watson played as much as Dylan he would have had higher totals as well. Statistics though Dylan had a 133.3 QBR to Watson's 188.9 which is a big difference!!! Watson also had a 7 to 1 TD to INT ratio while Dylan had a 2.2 to 1 TD to INT ratio. Another big difference! Watson completed 67.9 percent of his passes to Dylan's 59.5% and Watson had a almost a 11 yd avg per attempt to Dylan's 7.9 yd avg. So Statistically Watson was far superior to Dylan.

I do agree if your Defense played better you would have won more games. Dylan played well enough for you'll to have a good season. Dylan did struggle some in the 4th quarter and that tells me what Spurrier thought of Mitch last season when he wasn't pulling Dylan at all when he struggled. Spurrier has always pulled his QBs to change the pace especially when his QBs are struggling. Dylan didn't get pulled at all which to me shows he didn't have faith in any of the other QBs. Even Shaw who was just frankly a winner got pulled when he struggled. If shaw get's pulled Dylan should have, But Mitch was young and I'm sure he could turn out to be great. You just can't compare anything he has done now to Watson cause Watson from the sample size all of us have has shown to be a superior talent so far.

Reactions: Da Swami
ok I will say it ....Watson appears to be a very good qb....now I have a question....how many Clemson fans have you seen that will admit clowney was a great defensive end? most of you guys will insist Beasley was better...and we all know that is bs...
Clowney was a great defensive end........unfortunately the was part stopped his sophomore year.

Anyway, right now the general consensus is that Clemson has a more proven option at this position.
You're being too modest. That's not the "general consensus", it's fact and anyone who claims otherwise is wearing garnet glasses. Now if Mitch starts SEC play and makes it through the fire without letting the walk-on take his job, we may be talking about a blowout at WB this year. But for right now, the tigers have the edge...a big one with experience.

I stand corrected. Redshirt sophomore. I should've done some research before hastily posting how long Mitch has been in school. My apologies.

Redshirt sophomore being pushed by a freshman that hasn't taken a snap in a college practice jersey.

Such hostility.

Quote from SportsSuites1: "Maybe I missed it but I haven't watched Mitch under pressure and saw some things Watson didn't do all that well when he was pressured - how can anyone know enough at this moment to compare the two?"

Gee whiz, talk about a bloviating windbag! You must not have seen Watson at all, because under pressure his passing percentage was almost ten points higher when he was blitzed. Some of you complain about Ward not blitzing enough last year....maybe now you know why. It could be that Ward is smarter than most of you think and just some of your problems on defense was that the players were just not very good......particularly your D-line. It is funny how disparaging you are of Watson and accuse Clemson of all the "hype", yet is other media sources that all have Watson as one of the top returning QBs. You are also quick to point our Mitch's North Carolina statistics, yet we have a QB at Clemson who owns all the Florida records from a real football state....Florida....with only about 6 college plays less than Mitch, and no one has suggested that he is going to be the next great college QB.

My only agitation on this whole matter of Deshaun Watson vs Carolina in general, is the overhyped perception that on his "one leg" he engineered one of the "grittiest, greatest" beatdowns of the Gamecocks in the history of the rivalry. Granted, we were whipped soundly on the scoreboard, I seem to remember from my view in the North Upper corner of Clemson Memorial Stadium that the daggers mostly came from 12 inch shuffle tosses that the speedy Tiger backs and receivers busted into HUGE plays. I have no disdain for Watson, healthy the kid has a great future. I just think this notion that he single leggedly destroyed our morale and sent us back to the doldrums of 6-6, 7-5 seasons forever is a little misleading. Thoughts???

Every outstanding QB coming out of high school is over-hyped. How about McIllwain and Nunez? Both may turn into great QBs, but we are not going to know it until they get on the field. All of the "one legged" Watson stuff started when Carolina fans started accusing Dabo of not protecting him and his knee. They failed to mention that Shaw came off the bench the year before in the Missouri game, when he was too hurt to start. I guess when you get behind a couple of TDs injuries are not quite as important! There is hypocrisy on both sides. It would be nice to have some football discussions, even heated ones, without calling each others coaches liars, and becoming personal....both sides.

Every outstanding QB coming out of high school is over-hyped. How about McIllwain and Nunez? Both may turn into great QBs, but we are not going to know it until they get on the field. All of the "one legged" Watson stuff started when Carolina fans started accusing Dabo of not protecting him and his knee. They failed to mention that Shaw came off the bench the year before in the Missouri game, when he was too hurt to start. I guess when you get behind a couple of TDs injuries are not quite as important! There is hypocrisy on both sides. It would be nice to have some football discussions, even heated ones, without calling each others coaches liars, and becoming personal....both sides.
Shaw had a banged up shoulder, Watson had a torn ACL. Big difference. Even Pro coaches and players were saying dabo was an idiot. The only ones saying it was ok were Clemson fans and coaches who don't care about their players, only winning. Tell Watson to ask Willy korn what will happen when he is hurt so bad he cant play anymore.

The whole ________ vs_________ is dumb anyway. If Watson plays the whole year. He will more than likely have better stats than Mitch. Boyd had better stats than Shaw, but the end of November is the only thing that matter.

Shaw was hurt. Watson was injured. Most players play hurt at some point in the season. Watson needed surgery. Big difference. If watson was on our side he would not have been allowed to play

Shaw was hurt. Watson was injured. Most players play hurt at some point in the season. Watson needed surgery. Big difference. If watson was on our side he would not have been allowed to play

You should rethink that last sentence! You had a OL player (Matulis) just last season tear his ACL and try to rehab and play in games last season before having Surgery. He just couldn't go up to the standard he wanted to in the games so he had the surgery. So to act like Dabo is some horrible person and that kind of behavior wouldn't happen at SC is crazy. Every coach listens to the Doctor, the family, and the kid to make the decision. Watson wanted to play. The family wanted him to play and the doctor signed off on it. I'm sure it was the same way for Matulis so Spurrier let him play.

Reactions: 6MileTiger
You should rethink that last sentence! You had a OL player (Matulis) just last season tear his ACL and try to rehab and play in games last season before having Surgery. He just couldn't go up to the standard he wanted to in the games so he had the surgery. So to act like Dabo is some horrible person and that kind of behavior wouldn't happen at SC is crazy. Every coach listens to the Doctor, the family, and the kid to make the decision. Watson wanted to play. The family wanted him to play and the doctor signed off on it. I'm sure it was the same way for Matulis so Spurrier let him play.

I hope watson plays every game. I don't want to see any kid hurt. I guess we will agree to disagree. Dabo always puts his best interest ahead of players

Shaw had a banged up shoulder, Watson had a torn ACL. Big difference. Even Pro coaches and players were saying dabo was an idiot. The only ones saying it was ok were Clemson fans and coaches who don't care about their players, only winning. Tell Watson to ask Willy korn what will happen when he is hurt so bad he cant play anymore.

Do you have a link regarding the pro coaches and players?

Good grief.....you mention there was a big difference between a knee and a shoulder and then use Willy Corn as an example......while saying it was OK for Shaw to play with a bum shoulder. That is the kind of hypocracy I am talking about. To think that either team or coach does not care about their players is ridiculous. If Dabo cared so much about "winning", why didn't he have Watson wait until after the bowl game for surgery. Your guys take so much pride in your 4 straight bowl games, they must be important, huh!

I'll be waiting for a link to the pro coaches who said Dabo was an idiot.

Your wrong on statistics! Dylan had higher total yards and Tds but not better statistics. If Watson played as much as Dylan he would have had higher totals as well. Statistics though Dylan had a 133.3 QBR to Watson's 188.9 which is a big difference!!! Watson also had a 7 to 1 TD to INT ratio while Dylan had a 2.2 to 1 TD to INT ratio. Another big difference! Watson completed 67.9 percent of his passes to Dylan's 59.5% and Watson had a almost a 11 yd avg per attempt to Dylan's 7.9 yd avg. So Statistically Watson was far superior to Dylan.

I do agree if your Defense played better you would have won more games. Dylan played well enough for you'll to have a good season. Dylan did struggle some in the 4th quarter and that tells me what Spurrier thought of Mitch last season when he wasn't pulling Dylan at all when he struggled. Spurrier has always pulled his QBs to change the pace especially when his QBs are struggling. Dylan didn't get pulled at all which to me shows he didn't have faith in any of the other QBs. Even Shaw who was just frankly a winner got pulled when he struggled. If shaw get's pulled Dylan should have, But Mitch was young and I'm sure he could turn out to be great. You just can't compare anything he has done now to Watson cause Watson from the sample size all of us have has shown to be a superior talent so far.
Not at all...Watson's QBR rating wasn't even top 12 in the ACC. A player actually play games and have minimum attempts to get ranked. Too bad Watson spent more time in with doctors and trainers than on the field....

http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/leaguelead...oup=passing&category=collegeQuarterbackRating

First off let me say I like Watson. He seems to be a good Qb. However just like every other Qb Clemson has had since Dabo has become coach he is way over hyped. They did it with Parker, Boyd and Stout and make not only Clemson fans but the whole country and even some Carolina fans believe he is better than he is. I mean good lord they had everybody thinking last year that Stout was a Heisman canidate lol. They have taken 1 throw that Watson threw against Georgia and turned it into him being the greatest Qb to ever play college football. If you look at the rest of his play it was average even for a Fr. They want to tell us that he beat us with 1 leg. Scott and Gallman and an all senior defense beat us because we couldn't stop the run or the pass rush. It wont be like that this year. And if there is 1 person Carolina or Clemson fan that really thinks Watson makes it half way threw the season without getting hurt raise their hand.

Now Mitch. Spurrier told this kid he was gonna stay till he graduated if he came to USC because he seen something in this kid. Now the way I have heard it when Mitch got here he still had a lot of young kid in him. He would rather play xbox than workout. From what I'm hearing now some of his teammates and his high school coach have challenged him to really get in the weight room and put in extra time with his recievers and on the playbook and he's done all of that. That's exactly what Spurrier was trying to get him to do. Anybody that knows Spurrier knows he would not mention your name if he didn't care. Look at Nos. Coach got where he wouldn't even say he was a Qb. There is no way Spurrier put in 3 years on a Qb with the tools Mitch has to start a true freshman or a walk on LMAO. That has to be the funniest thing I have heard yet. Spurrier is just making sure Mitch keeps working hard.

For some unknown reason there are still some Carolina and clemson fans who underestimate Coach Spurrier and overestimate Dabo. Don't buy in to all the Clemson hype that they will be anything but average after they lost all their defense and their offensive line. And trust Coach Spurrier to have our guys ready to compete at the highest level
Are you just stupid or plain blind? Go look at the stats...

Reactions: CockaDude-a-Dude
Even in our game it wasn't impressive.

SC - 23/41 for 276 yards and 1 TD

Clemson 15/21 263 yards and 2 TDS with 1 INT.

Considering Clemson had the number 1 D and we had one of the worst D's in our history, I have to say we had the better QB.

Did you watch the game? Watson was 14-19 for 269 with 2 tds 0 picks and ran for 2 more tds. Thompson was 21-39 for 249 and ran for -21 yds with no Tds and a fumble. I understand the garnet shades, but if you think Thompson outplayed Watson in that game, you are likely the only one other than Dylan's mama. Not that it was a terrible performance by Dylan, but that is to be expected from a veteran QB that was the most prolific passer in the history of S.Car.
IMHO, he was the 3rd best QB that day, behind both Watson and Pharoah.

And I get that it does not fit the Garnet Propaganda Talking Points, but Watson led the nation in QBR after Week 6. Especially for a true freshman, that is impressive to folks that pay attention. Again, I agree with you that it was too bad he was injured and appreciate the sentiment.

Last edited:
You do know that weeks 1-6 count in that QBR as well, correct? :) Lol.

The kid is impressive for sure and I think he is a beast of a player. So was Tommy Morrison as a boxer. He had a vicious left hook. But he had a glass jaw and it essentially cost him. DW may/may not turn out like that, but history shows it is definitely a possibility (broken collar bone before he got to camp, broken finger in 1st half of season and torn acl toward the end). All in one season.. Reminds me of myself actually. I tore an acl and snapped my ring finger backward in (1) game, then tore the other acl (2) months later trying to play again too soon. You know had a brace on it so I figured how much worse could I hurt it. I didn't hurt that one anymore, but tore the other one instead.. That's the shit a 19 year old doesn't understand and should have trainers explaining to him. Walking around with (2) torn acl's and a broken finger, I felt like Frankenstein. Lol

I am a die hard Gamecock fan, but comparing Watson to Mitch, is like comparing Lattimore to Andre Ellington. Watson has the perfect modern QB body type, all the characteristics, tools, athleticism you could ask for and he has already delivered the goods on the field. Pure talent that is ready to be tapped into on a regular basis.That being said, the fact that he is thin and injury prone certainly affects his value to the team and his production potential. Just like Lattimore's inability to recover from injury eliminated his athletic future, the same concern exists about Watson. Watson's upside is much higher than Mitch's, just like Lattimore's upside was much higher than Andre Ellington. Lattimore had more talent, but couldn't stay on the field. A player has to reach his potential, to be great. You can't reach your potential if you are on the bench.

Reactions: alphamale621
Not at all...Watson's QBR rating wasn't even top 12 in the ACC. A player actually play games and have minimum attempts to get ranked. Too bad Watson spent more time in with doctors and trainers than on the field....

http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/leaguelead...oup=passing&category=collegeQuarterbackRating

Yet the guy your saying is better then him was completely healthy and couldn't muster more than a 2-6 for 19 yds against Furman throughout the whole year playing for Steve Spurrier!!! The man that loves to change things up and pulls QBs whenever they are struggling or he just feels like it. He has done it his whole career from Duke, Florida, and Carolina. Heck he did it with a heisman QB cause he trusted his backup. He did it with in my opinion the best QB you ever had in Shaw. Yet he wouldn't do it with Dylan and he struggled more than Shaw ever did. I wonder why that was? Was it because he didn't have faith in Mitch? Mitch wasn't even first of the bench last season a walk on was. Yet you want to take a kid who had the highest QBR in the country and say he isn't as talented as your guy with nothing to back it up. And disregard what Watson did do on the field with he didn't play enough?

Also I don't know what you consider impressive if 14-19 for 269 yds, 2 TD to no INTs along with 2 rushing TDs as a true freshman 18 yr old kid playing in his first rivalry game isn't impressive. We will see though. Mitch could turn out to be great. He really could! He was a 4 star kid and seems to have a live arm. I just know I would rather being be on Watson from what we have seen from both to this point and also the fact that your fan base is already talking up Nunez to be starting this season. Not to much faith in Mitch from some of the fan base especially if you think he is as talented as Mitch

The best thing about our offense is mitch don't have to be great for us to win. Just serviceable Can the tater win with ave QB play? We will see

Reactions: bmhood1984
Yet the guy your saying is better then him was completely healthy and couldn't muster more than a 2-6 for 19 yds against Furman throughout the whole year playing for Steve Spurrier!!! The man that loves to change things up and pulls QBs whenever they are struggling or he just feels like it. He has done it his whole career from Duke, Florida, and Carolina. Heck he did it with a heisman QB cause he trusted his backup. He did it with in my opinion the best QB you ever had in Shaw. Yet he wouldn't do it with Dylan and he struggled more than Shaw ever did. I wonder why that was? Was it because he didn't have faith in Mitch? Mitch wasn't even first of the bench last season a walk on was. Yet you want to take a kid who had the highest QBR in the country and say he isn't as talented as your guy with nothing to back it up. And disregard what Watson did do on the field with he didn't play enough?

Also I don't know what you consider impressive if 14-19 for 269 yds, 2 TD to no INTs along with 2 rushing TDs as a true freshman 18 yr old kid playing in his first rivalry game isn't impressive. We will see though. Mitch could turn out to be great. He really could! He was a 4 star kid and seems to have a live arm. I just know I would rather being be on Watson from what we have seen from both to this point and also the fact that your fan base is already talking up Nunez to be starting this season. Not to much faith in Mitch from some of the fan base especially if you think he is as talented as Mitch

Please understand what is being discussed. An OT discussion comparing Dylan Thompson versus Deshaun Watson was inserted into this thread. And I agree,, the frailness of Watson kept him off the list of the top 12 QBR ratings in the ACC. He couldn't stay healthy enough to make the minimum requirement of 14 pass attempt / game the team played. Of course Dylan Thompson was a better QB than Deshaun Watson in 2014.

Reminds me of the Sam Bradford that was the 1st pick of the NFL Draft by the St Louis Rams. He is hurt all the time and never plays.

Slow down TaterTot- also realize that those numbers are skewed for your Pickens Tech QB. All those little handoffs/ 6inch touches counted as passes. Lets not make it seem that Watson was slinging the ball all over the field... Remind me of when Shaw got pulled? The man NEVER lost a game at WB and NEVER LOST TO PICKENS TECH.

Reactions: SportsSuites1
Slow down TaterTot- also realize that those numbers are skewed for your Pickens Tech QB. All those little handoffs/ 6inch touches counted as passes. Lets not make it seem that Watson was slinging the ball all over the field... Remind me of when Shaw got pulled? The man NEVER lost a game at WB and NEVER LOST TO PICKENS TECH.

I agree Watson didn't sling the ball all over the field against you. He didn't have to. Why take a 5 step drop back and risk further injury when the team your playing has shown weakness to the outside. He was playing hurt and Carolina showed a weakness and Clemson exploited it. Doesn't change the fact that he played well as a 18 yr old true freshman kid in his first rivalry game. Along with the fact that he only threw for 2 TD that game. So he had thrown for a additional 1300+ yds and 12 TD to 2 ints for the season so he has shown promise well above Mitch to this point.

Now Mitch could come out and be the next Andrew Luck, but nothing we have to go on shows that. As far as Shaw goes he was pulled here and there throughout his career for a series or so. Spurrier has did that pretty much his whole career. It's not a knock on Shaw. I respect Shaw and think he was simply a winner. I think Shaw shouldn't have been pulled sometimes during games but Spurrier liked to do it and it was nothing against Shaw just Spurrier being Spurrier.

Reactions: 6MileTiger
I agree Watson didn't sling the ball all over the field against you. He didn't have to. Why take a 5 step drop back and risk further injury when the team your playing has shown weakness to the outside. He was playing hurt and Carolina showed a weakness and Clemson exploited it. Doesn't change the fact that he played well as a 18 yr old true freshman kid in his first rivalry game. Along with the fact that he only threw for 2 TD that game. So he had thrown for a additional 1300+ yds and 12 TD to 2 ints for the season so he has shown promise well above Mitch to this point.

Now Mitch could come out and be the next Andrew Luck, but nothing we have to go on shows that. As far as Shaw goes he was pulled here and there throughout his career for a series or so. Spurrier has did that pretty much his whole career. It's not a knock on Shaw. I respect Shaw and think he was simply a winner. I think Shaw shouldn't have been pulled sometimes during games but Spurrier liked to do it and it was nothing against Shaw just Spurrier being Spurrier.

I don't think Shaw was pulled. It was planned to give the other guys some reps. Let's be real

Reactions: CockaDude-a-Dude
I don't think Shaw was pulled. It was planned to give the other guys some reps. Let's be real

Has the HBC played musical QB's in the past? Sure. But it's been a while..

I don't recall Thompson being pulled. Shaw was "pulled" when he had an injured shoulder and/or the flu and spelled for a play or two here and there. IMO, that does not constitute being "pulled" for a different guy but we all "see" what we want..

"I see" you are still here trying to convince us that your guy is better than ours. Good luck with that hoss. Lol

"I see" you are still here trying to convince us that your guy is better than ours. Good luck with that hoss. Lol

He doesn't have to. Media, stats...all say it.

But then there is this, since there is talk about Watson's QBR. Here's what it was after the UNC game week 5:
http://espn.go.com/ncf/qbr/_/year/2014/seasontype/2/type/player-week/group/1/week/5

week 6. Still #1:
http://espn.go.com/ncf/qbr/_/year/2014/seasontype/2/type/player-week/group/1/week/6

All backed up by GameDay's twitter itself:

Then he got injured and dropped onto the Unqualified list. Garnet glasses can't hide those stats, no matter how much you'd like to.

I don't recall during the entire season seeing Thompson there (or even break the top 10..though funny you'll see Cole Stoudt in week 9's top 10, and week 11's). I don't recall in Shaw's entire career him being at the #1 spot either, just to make a point. Mitch hasn't played yet (nor Nunez), so they couldn't have been.

Then there's the QBR's from after the CU/SCar game itself (Watson @ #3, Thompson, not showing)
http://espn.go.com/ncf/qbr/_/year/2014/seasontype/2/type/player-week/group/1/week/14

Then Media write-ups that mention Watson's QBR in October being just behind Mariota (which won the Heisman):
http://247sports.com/Bolt/Mariota-Leads-Nation-on-Total-QB-Rating-32034239

Doesn't seem to back up the "not in the top 12 of the ACC" comment earlier. Yeah, that where it ended due to lack of play/injury. Non injured, above is the reality.

Last edited:
He doesn't have to. Media, stats...all say it.

But then there is this, since there is talk about Watson's QBR. Here's what it was after the UNC game week 5:
http://espn.go.com/ncf/qbr/_/year/2014/seasontype/2/type/player-week/group/1/week/5

week 6. Still #1:
http://espn.go.com/ncf/qbr/_/year/2014/seasontype/2/type/player-week/group/1/week/6

Then he got injured and dropped onto the Unqualified list. Garnet glasses can't hide those stats, no matter how much you'd like to.
http://247sports.com/Bolt/Mariota-Leads-Nation-on-Total-QB-Rating-32034239

He doesn't have to what? You quoted my post and then added a link to prove what in your argument to my post?

The quoted post of mine was addressing the fact that SOS hasn't played musical qb's in years..

Your post listed links of your QB's rating. Awesome. Thanks for the info bro... My apologies if you meant to address someone else, but you did quote my post and responded with "proof" to refute my post..

My garnet glasses are my choice. Mainly because orange glasses makes anyone that wears them look like a frigging clown. Lol. Oh, and the fact that I graduated from The USC.

Your guy is good. No doubt but his history of injury can not be denied. He may end up a record setter and Heisman winner. Who knows? Having played sports and suffered through MANY injuries, I know one thing. Once you tear it or break it, it ain't never the same..

Good luck to the young man.

Go Gamecocks.

He doesn't have to what? You quoted my post and then added a link to prove what in your argument to my post?

The quoted post of mine was addressing the fact that SOS hasn't played musical qb's in years..

Your post listed links of your QB's rating. Awesome. Thanks for the info bro... My apologies if you meant to address someone else, but you did quote my post and responded with "proof" to refute my post..

My garnet glasses are my choice. Mainly because orange glasses makes anyone that wears them look like a frigging clown. Lol. Oh, and the fact that I graduated from The USC.

Your guy is good. No doubt but his history of injury can not be denied. He may end up a record setter and Heisman winner. Who knows? Having played sports and suffered through MANY injuries, I know one thing. Once you tear it or break it, it ain't never the same..

Good luck to the young man.

Go Gamecocks.

You were quoted only for this comment ""I see" you are still here trying to convince us that your guy is better than ours. Good luck with that hoss. Lol" Consider the links the backup you (and others) were looking for, none of which came from a single Clemson "orange tinted glasses" site.

Now beyond trivial talk, where's the backup that your guy is better than a guy that had the #1 QBR in the nation prior to injury (QBR being mentioned due to previous other posters saying he wasn't a top 12 QBR in the ACC guy)? I'll be waiting.

And just an FYI, Boyd ran his entire career in Clemson after tearing an ACL in HS...once surgically repaired, you can have full recovery. Boyd was running the ball all the time especially in 3rd and 1, 3rd and 2 situations, even Gamecock fans can admit that. never had another ACL issue his entire college career. It's quite known that there are several guys in the NFL that actually play with no ACL. Here is one..major Hall of Fame QB, John Elway:
http://www.hogshaven.com/2013/1/8/3850294/john-elway-played-entire-career-without-acl

Here's others:
http://www.complex.com/sports/2014/10/athletes-without-acls/

It can be done, honestly.

Last edited:
search

You were quoted for this comment ""I see" you are still here trying to convince us that your guy is better than ours. Good luck with that hoss. Lol"

Consider the links the backup. Now beyond trivial talk, where's the backup that your guy is better than a guy that had the #1 QBR in the nation prior to injury (QBR being mentioned due to previous other posters saying he wasn't a top 12 QBR in the ACC guy)? I'll be waiting.

And just an FYI, Boyd ran his entire career in Clemson after tearing an ACL in HS...once surgically repaired, you can have full recovery. It's quite known that there are several guys in the NFL that actually play with no ACL. Here is one..major Hall of Fame QB, John Elway:
http://www.hogshaven.com/2013/1/8/3850294/john-elway-played-entire-career-without-acl

Here's others:
http://www.complex.com/sports/2014/10/athletes-without-acls/

It can be done, honestly.

Ahhh, Got it.

"I see" you didn't provide a quote from "me" where I said our QB was better than yours although you asked me to provide "backup" for it. Quote someone that actually said it and ask them..

It really doesn't matter how many links you provide with QBR as it doesn't change the fact that he missed as many games as he played in due to injury.

No matter how much you try and provide links, you're going to have a REALLY hard time getting anyone over here to admit anything CU related as better, especially when he didn't make HALF of the season. But, alas, you are welcome to keep trying :)

He's good. No doubt. No argument from me. So, not sure what you are trying to "see" from my posts...

As for the acl tears, of course it can be done. I never said it could not be. That doesn't mean that it is responsible or intelligent to play on it (Oh, the irony). I recall CU fans over here giving us the business about how SOS didn't care about Lattimore because he didn't give him enough time to heal and was literally trying to run him into the ground. Same with Tanner and our pitchers throwing too much. It's funny (ironic) that you don't "see" it when it comes from your side.. I don't even have an acl in my right knee presently and I'm extremely active.. It doesn't change the fact that it is/will never be the same after injury.. Age has a tendency to expose that. Presently, he has the benefit of that (young).

Again though, keep trying. Maybe another link? Lol

Reactions: SportsSuites1
Ahhh, Got it.

"I see" you didn't provide a quote from "me" where I said our QB was better than yours although you asked me to provide "backup" for it. Quote someone that actually said it and ask them..

It really doesn't matter how many links you provide with QBR as it doesn't change the fact that he missed as many games as he played in due to injury.

No matter how much you try and provide links, you're going to have a REALLY hard time getting anyone over here to admit anything CU related as better, especially when he didn't make HALF of the season. But, alas, you are welcome to keep trying :)

He's good. No doubt. No argument from me. So, not sure what you are trying to "see" from my posts...

As for the acl tears, of course it can be done. I never said it could not be. That doesn't mean that it is responsible or intelligent to play on it (Oh, the irony). I recall CU fans over here giving us the business about how SOS didn't care about Lattimore because he didn't give him enough time to heal and was literally trying to run him into the ground. Same with Tanner and our pitchers throwing too much. It's funny (ironic) that you don't "see" it when it comes from your side.. I don't even have an acl in my right knee presently and I'm extremely active.. It doesn't change the fact that it is/will never be the same after injury.. Age has a tendency to expose that. Presently, he has the benefit of that (young).

Oh, I already know no one would convince a Gamecock fan to say anything Clemson is better. I only know a few that actually can and would. So no debate there...lol.

The thing I don't get though to be honest with the use of Lattimore in this (either side to be honest), is he never played a single game against Clemson, so any Clemson fan that said it wasn't saying it after Lattimore played injured and beat them. Not that I don't see what you are saying there, but it's not quite the same. That's IMO one of the differences here. Of course Gamecock fans are going to complain about Watson playing injured in that one game, because unlike Lattimore, he was actually in the rivalry game and it made a difference (he ran in 2 of the TD's). Lattimore was just in several games playing beat up, but never made it to the rivalry game, every year he played for South Carolina. As a Clemson fan (and Alum), I know I always wanted him in the game. Win or lose, I wanted the best guys on the field for the rivalry...so yeah, it bothered me he kept getting run so hard that he never made it into the rivalry game, I'll be honest (he accounted for over 70% of South Carolina's rushing yards..he was being over-worked, and that led to his career killing injury).

And since you asked for a link..lol, an assessment non-Clemson related on Lattimore being overworked, and prior to that injury. Clemson fans weren't the only ones thinking it, so that's why they mention it now when Gamecock fans are complaining about Watson in one single game...If you read into the comments in there, you'll see some South Carolina fans views then before anyone ever knew that injury would happen...none seem concerned back then. Wonder what those people would say today, now that the worst fear actually happened.
http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/2011/marcus-lattimore-carries/

Those injuries he had were freak accidents. The one against MSU he was out on a screen pass and was not hit. The one against UTn was one where his leg got twisted. Had nothing to do with how many carries he had.

Ahhh, Got it.

Your right, No matter how many facts are put out there we are not going to get anyone to admit our guy is better then yours. We will see who is better and I will say all Clemson fans including myself like our odds with that argument. I remember Spurrier playing musical Qbs with Shaw and Thompson. I thought sometimes Spurrier was a idiot for doing that cause Shaw was superior player but deep down I was hoping it would cost you a game here or there. Yes Dylan had a better arm, was more of a prototypical QB then Shaw. Shaw was just a great football player didn't have anything special as far as physical attributes most QBs have like arm strength, etc. He was just a winner which is the best complement I can give him.

Funny story, I may be one of those few that could. Who knows? Because, I actually grew up in Easley and was a CU fan early on. However, I was a quick study and learned to back the tractor at an early age so I felt the need to obtain my education somewhere else. Lol

Okay, I'll dispense with the jokes and move on to the post..

I never complained about him playing. I don't care. He can be hit by a truck and wheel out in a jazzy for all I care but really health wise, there should be no argument there. It simply isn't the best idea to do so no matter what staff allows it. From my recollection however, Lattimore had surgery and completed rehab before coming back. As well, it is your opinion that it led to Lattimore's career ending injury.. Opinions are like, well, you know the rest.. I say it was the DB from UT that hit him low that ended his career, but again we as fans, "see" what we want to "see". "See" what I did there? Lol

You are lumping me in with some of the others here who claim he is no good or our guy is better, which is okay. I'm a big boy and "see" what you are doing. Lol. I honestly don't recall me saying that he isn't any good because he didn't play due to said injuries (I drink some and recently had surgery and am on mess so maybe I did??). In a nutshell, I was saying that it remains to be seen how good he is, as he is still young and has had that history..

His HS sample size as well as the few games he did play at CU are excellent. Again, no argument. He is damn good. It just remains to be seen how good he is and will be. As for our guy, who the hell knows? We will see soon enough and based on his sample size in HS (had to wait his turn behind 2 of the better QB's we've ever had), he ain't bad either..

Go Gamecocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT