ADVERTISEMENT

Deshaun Watson vs Connor Mitch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those injuries he had were freak accidents. The one against MSU he was out on a screen pass and was not hit. The one against UTn was one where his leg got twisted. Had nothing to do with how many carries he had.

But the wear and tear on the knees is what becomes the issue more so for Lattimore's position. Not so much just the injuries and how they happened, but pretty much, linemen and running backs probably take the most pounding on the legs from all the forced drives they have to endure. For wide receivers and QB's, for the most part, it's just running/scrambling and then get tackled..knee impacts tend to be in momentum shifting more so than in impact drives. Linemen and running backs, it's impact and push and shove quite a bit, and that's where the injuries to the knees can come into play on a guy that constantly has to use his legs to shove people..or drag. Run power game like Lattimore did, and it gets concerning when his knees keep having issues.

Your right, No matter how many facts are put out there we are not going to get anyone to admit our guy is better then yours. We will see who is better and I will say all Clemson fans including myself like our odds with that argument. I remember Spurrier playing musical Qbs with Shaw and Thompson. I thought sometimes Spurrier was a idiot for doing that cause Shaw was superior player but deep down I was hoping it would cost you a game here or there. Yes Dylan had a better arm, was more of a prototypical QB then Shaw. Shaw was just a great football player didn't have anything special as far as physical attributes most QBs have like arm strength, etc. He was just a winner which is the best complement I can give him.

Guys, hold the press.. CU likes there guy and USC likes theirs.. What the hell is going on here? Lol

I don't think that was musical QB's as much as it was spelling an oft banged up Shaw and trying to get DT game experience. It's musical QB's when the guy is struggling and gets pulled. I'll say it again, we all "see" what we want to "see"..

It's funny, the Browns think Shaw has decent arm strength and physical attributes. Just saying :)

Watson is a good QB no doubt. I still think he might be injury prone unless he has gained some muscle and put on some weight.

In regards to Mitch, who knows? I don't care if it is he who starts, Orth or SCAR....I just want the best QB who gives us the best chance to win out on the field.

Reactions: CockaDude-a-Dude
One thing that really alarmed me was Spurrier's presser a few days ago in which he addressed the QB situation. He essentially called out CM's manhood and said he needs to step up to the plate. Says he needs him to stay in the pocket and take a hit. It was kinda brutal tbh

One thing that really alarmed me was Spurrier's presser a few days ago in which he addressed the QB situation. He essentially called out CM's manhood and said he needs to step up to the plate. Says he needs him to stay in the pocket and take a hit. It was kinda brutal tbh

Every single player is different. Some need a challenge and some need to be coddled and told they are "the guy".

I was one of the better baseball players on my HS team. I was a starter in the 10th and 11th grade at 3B and hit a growth spurt and moved to 1B my Sr year. I batted in anywhere from the 3-5 spot, was all conference 2 years in a row.

My Sr year, during tryouts, despite my obvious production on the field and my seniority, I was told by my Coach, I wasn't going to make the team. Why would he say that?? I wasn't hurt.. I was pissed. I couldn't understand.

But, I busted my ass and was taking extra BP after practice. I was running steps in the stadium til dark. I didn't "need" that challenge to be a good ball player. I was already an all conference player. But, I "took" that challenge and instead of just all conference, I got player of the year.. I had the 12th highest BA in the state at .444. I had close to an .800 on base percentage.. I led the conference in doubles and triples. I only struck out 2 times my whole Sr year and was credited with only 1 error which to this day, I dispute..

Bottom line I was good and didn't need to be challenged to be good. But when Coach did challenge me, I was a machine.. I was relentless. I hope CM is as well. He has all the tools.. We shall see if he likes a challenge or not :)

Every single player is different. Some need a challenge and some need to be coddled and told they are "the guy".

I was one of the better baseball players on my HS team. I was a starter in the 10th and 11th grade at 3B and hit a growth spurt and moved to 1B my Sr year. I batted in anywhere from the 3-5 spot, was all conference 2 years in a row.

My Sr year, during tryouts, despite my obvious production on the field and my seniority, I was told by my Coach, I wasn't going to make the team. Why would he say that?? I wasn't hurt.. I was pissed. I couldn't understand.

But, I busted my ass and was taking extra BP after practice. I was running steps in the stadium til dark. I didn't "need" that challenge to be a good ball player. I was already an all conference player. But, I "took" that challenge and instead of just all conference, I got player of the year.. I had the 12th highest BA in the state at .444. I had close to an .800 on base percentage.. I led the conference in doubles and triples. I only struck out 2 times my whole Sr year and was credited with only 1 error which to this day, I dispute..

Bottom line I was good and didn't need to be challenged to be good. But when Coach did challenge me, I was a machine.. I was relentless. I hope CM is as well. He has all the tools.. We shall see if he likes a challenge or not :)

Dang we could used your stats last yr lol

Reactions: bmhood1984
U taters never admitted Shaw was a good QB until he graduated. Lol. It goes both ways
Shaw was a mediocre quarterback -- judged on measurables of strength, speed, mechanics -- etc. But he was a top-shelf winner of football games and as tough a kid that ever played the game. Just a flat out, hard-nosed winner. He was the Rodney Williams of USC football, and I wish him all success in the pro game.

Reactions: 6MileTiger
Shaw was a mediocre quarterback -- judged on measurables of strength, speed, mechanics -- etc. But he was a top-shelf winner of football games and as tough a kid that ever played the game. Just a flat out, hard-nosed winner. He was the Rodney Williams of USC football, and I wish him all success in the pro game.

Close to spot on..

DW's measurables on the other hand are spectacular.. He's tall, lean, and fast. Has a smooth, quick release with pretty decent mechanics. He's been a winner for sure.

I think CU folks get butt hurt when USC fans say he is fragile and think he therefore won't pan out. They bring their ammo in the form of links and opinions of our guys vs your guys. Honestly, without orange or garnet glasses on, it is still possible he blows another knee and loses a step or jacks up his shoulder (see Willy Korn) and loses some of those mechanics. It is also possible that he remains injury free and becomes a real record setter. The smart move is to let it play out and let the chips fall where they may. The other move is to go to a rivals board and run your mouth. Both sides have those fans but JRBB looks as though his folks taught him how to act in someone else's home. Lol

Go Gamecocks!!

I think CU folks get butt hurt when USC fans say he is fragile and think he therefore won't pan out. They bring their ammo in the form of links and opinions of our guys vs your guys.

To be honest though, some of that is due to the incomplete one sided view Gamecocks (or some fans in general) are giving it.

These are the actual facts...can be found in various write ups.

1) Injury 1 was a collar bone fracture (not break, just a fracture). That is an injury that is quite common in any sport, or just any playing rough. And it doesn't exactly mean a person is fragile. Pretty easy bone to fracture or break on a wrong fall.

2) Finger. Fact on this that made it seem worse was it happened on his throwing hand. In the end, it was simply an injury caused by a finger getting caught up in the mask of the defender as he pushed off his helmet and they fell to the sideline. Really rare to occur or even re-occur,and honestly, anyone gets a finger caught in something and that something takes a quick misdirection in a way you aren't prepared for that unnaturally bends the finger in a direction it isn't supposed to go, about anyone's finger would end up the same way, even the most buff and healthy players. Again, not really an accident that alarms for being "fragile"...and actually would have likely not cost any playing time if it had been the non-throwing hand.

3. Then we get to the real one that would cause alarm. The knee. For full facts, you have to go back to his high school years. During his entire tenure in HS (and he played varsity all 4 years in Gainesville...he was the first freshman his coach had ever played), his MCL sprain was his first injury ever in football, and since it was a sprain, he did not have surgery, so it healed on its own. Note, the MCL sprain was his right leg. fast forward to Clemson vs GT, he goes on a run pattern and his right foot catches behind his left leg, spraining his LCL in the exact same leg that was injured in high school that had not been surgically repaired. So to me, it's understandable how the leg could have been prone to a chance of injury on any of the given ligaments. He goes out the rest of the game, they check it, conclude it's an LCL sprain and chose to brace his leg and allow him to cautiously work in practice. Then during said practices, not really said exactly how, but he ends up tearing the ACL of the same leg. After the SCar game, he has the leg surgically repaired (which they likely during the surgery checked all 3 ligaments and made any repairs that would help strengthen any of them back, not just the ACL..most doctors would with history of the MCL, then the initial LCL sprain). So to me, the tell-tell will be how he responds in the coming up season, as that is the only injury that really has validity of concern for future issue.

To be honest though, some of that is due to the incomplete one sided view Gamecocks (or some fans in general) are giving it.

These are the actual facts...can be found in various write ups.

1) Injury 1 was a collar bone fracture (not break, just a fracture). That is an injury that is quite common in any sport, or just any playing rough. And it doesn't exactly mean a person is fragile. Pretty easy bone to fracture or break on a wrong fall.

2) Finger. Fact on this that made it seem worse was it happened on his throwing hand. In the end, it was simply an injury caused by a finger getting caught up in the mask of the defender as he pushed off his helmet and they fell to the sideline. Really rare to occur or even re-occur,and honestly, anyone gets a finger caught in something and that something takes a quick misdirection in a way you aren't prepared for that unnaturally bends the finger in a direction it isn't supposed to go, about anyone's finger would end up the same way, even the most buff and healthy players. Again, not really an accident that alarms for being "fragile"...and actually would have likely not cost any playing time if it had been the non-throwing hand.

3. Then we get to the real one that would cause alarm. The knee. For full facts, you have to go back to his high school years. During his entire tenure in HS (and he played varsity all 4 years in Gainesville...he was the first freshman his coach had ever played), his MCL sprain was his first injury ever in football, and since it was a sprain, he did not have surgery, so it healed on its own. Note, the MCL sprain was his right leg. fast forward to Clemson vs GT, he goes on a run pattern and his right foot catches behind his left leg, spraining his LCL in the exact same leg that was injured in high school that had not been surgically repaired. So to me, it's understandable how the leg could have been prone to a chance of injury on any of the given ligaments. He goes out the rest of the game, they check it, conclude it's an LCL sprain and chose to brace his leg and allow him to cautiously work in practice. Then during said practices, not really said exactly how, but he ends up tearing the ACL of the same leg. After the SCar game, he has the leg surgically repaired (which they likely during the surgery checked all 3 ligaments and made any repairs that would help strengthen any of them back, not just the ACL..most doctors would with history of the MCL, then the initial LCL sprain). So to me, the tell-tell will be how he responds in the coming up season, as that is the only injury that really has validity of concern for future issue.

I can jive with that (I do my best not to unnecessarily rip on kids of any school). They are still kids to me after all and the only thing different about them is the color of the uniforms.. Coaches and fans are not afforded that from me, however. Lol

And like I said it is possible he stays injury free. Also possible to go the other way. Even small injuries can label you as injury prone if they continue to happen. Sometimes even the little ones like turf toe and hammy pulls can keep you from performing.. Only time will give us that info. He is good. We will see how resilient his body is. I speak from experience as I play and go hard at all times and I've broken bones brushing my teeth. Lol

They won a game and now they have come out from under their rocks. We didn't hear squat for 5 years. Simple as that.

Damn dude, you signed up in 2001 and waited 14 years to say that for your very first post????

Oh, I already know no one would convince a Gamecock fan to say anything Clemson is better. I only know a few that actually can and would. So no debate there...lol.

The thing I don't get though to be honest with the use of Lattimore in this (either side to be honest), is he never played a single game against Clemson, so any Clemson fan that said it wasn't saying it after Lattimore played injured and beat them. Not that I don't see what you are saying there, but it's not quite the same. That's IMO one of the differences here. Of course Gamecock fans are going to complain about Watson playing injured in that one game, because unlike Lattimore, he was actually in the rivalry game and it made a difference (he ran in 2 of the TD's). Lattimore was just in several games playing beat up, but never made it to the rivalry game, every year he played for South Carolina. As a Clemson fan (and Alum), I know I always wanted him in the game. Win or lose, I wanted the best guys on the field for the rivalry...so yeah, it bothered me he kept getting run so hard that he never made it into the rivalry game, I'll be honest (he accounted for over 70% of South Carolina's rushing yards..he was being over-worked, and that led to his career killing injury).

And since you asked for a link..lol, an assessment non-Clemson related on Lattimore being overworked, and prior to that injury. Clemson fans weren't the only ones thinking it, so that's why they mention it now when Gamecock fans are complaining about Watson in one single game...If you read into the comments in there, you'll see some South Carolina fans views then before anyone ever knew that injury would happen...none seem concerned back then. Wonder what those people would say today, now that the worst fear actually happened.
http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/2011/marcus-lattimore-carries/

Marcus Lattimore averaged 19 carries / game during his career @ South Carolina.

Had 555 carries in 29 games. That is a respectable number and probably less than he wanted due to the great talent he possessed.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/players/192108/

To all of our Tater Tot friends visiting our board- what perspective would you like a CAROLINA FAN TO HAVE? So of you idiots are vomiting that Connor Shaw wasn't a good quarterback and mediocre at best? Can't Fix STUPID! You are trying give support as to why Watson is head and shoulders above the rest, well since you like facts lets give a few out here:

1) With the exception of FSU defense, go look at the strength of defense Watson played against most of the teams were ranked 90th or below (including South Carolina's)
2) Look at his TD passes, how many were actually throws? I'm not talking a shuffle passes and screen passes that went 60 yards for a touchdown, I'm talking a true pass downfield. ( TaterTots we know about the pass against Georgia, I admit, he threw it on a frozen rope) HOWEVER, can he do that with pressure in his face
3) What BIG game did he actually lead his team to victory in? And don't say the game against SC. If you honestly think that was a BIG game you were fooling yourselves. We were 6-5 coming into that game. Our D had more holes that Swiss cheese. He didn't beat us with his passing, Clemson beat us with RB/WR handoffs/touch passes.

I'm not saying that he will not be a great QB for Pickens Tech, however, give it more than half a season and give me a sample size larger than against Our Mother Mary Community College week in and week out. Now that the lights are on him this year and he has to play Louisville, GT, ND, FSU, and then travel to SC then we can see where he stands... until then go back to your boards. You didn't come around for the previous five years and then all dust off the moth balls and show up in swarms.

Guys, hold the press.. CU likes there guy and USC likes theirs.. What the hell is going on here? Lol

I don't think that was musical QB's as much as it was spelling an oft banged up Shaw and trying to get DT game experience. It's musical QB's when the guy is struggling and gets pulled. I'll say it again, we all "see" what we want to "see"..

It's funny, the Browns think Shaw has decent arm strength and physical attributes. Just saying :)
Just trying to remember, but did he go Garcia to Shaw to Garcia during the Auburn game in '11? And what about the, and I am not sure of the opponent, maybe East Carolina or Central Florida, but didn't he sit Garcia for Shaw and yanked Shaw for Garcia who then brought your team back for the win? Don't really care about whether he yanked him or not. Those two incidents were just bothering me because I coudn't remember. Don't know if Garcia sat for disciplinary reasons in the ECU(?) game, or if Spurrier brought Garcia back in when you guys were in Auburn in '11. Shaw is one of my favorite gamecocks. And there aren't many. Just loved the way he carried himself despite the antics of Garcia and having to play behind someone so inferior in many ways.

Yep.. Congrats bro, you caught him.. Lol

That was (4) years and (2) QB's ago..

2011 ECU Shaw started. I believe it was an issue with Garcia from the bowl game the year before and that was punishment. Shaw struggled and he went went to Garcia and we ran away 50 something to 30 something I believe..

2011 Auburn found a struggling Garcia, so he tried his hand with Shaw. I believe a couple of fumbles later, he went back to Garcia and we lost a close one.

The HBC will do it for sure, but there is usually a reason. In this case, he did a Shaw to Garcia in the ECU and it worked. Genius. But I don't call that musical QB's when one struggles and he goes to another and sticks.. In the AU game, you could say that for sure because he went Garcia, Shaw, Garcia but he is a man that will do whatever he can to win. Garcia wasn't doing it so he tried his had with Shaw. Shaw coughed up the ball so he felt he was in better shape with Garcia (Sr. Veteran QB).

So, you got him. One time in (4) years and (50)+ games makes it fact that he does it all the time. Lol

You should rethink that last sentence! You had a OL player (Matulis) just last season tear his ACL and try to rehab and play in games last season before having Surgery. He just couldn't go up to the standard he wanted to in the games so he had the surgery. So to act like Dabo is some horrible person and that kind of behavior wouldn't happen at SC is crazy. Every coach listens to the Doctor, the family, and the kid to make the decision. Watson wanted to play. The family wanted him to play and the doctor signed off on it. I'm sure it was the same way for Matulis so Spurrier let him play.
Ask willie korn & his parents how much faith they have in the doctors at clemsux. And dumbo's NFL qb, Kyle Parker.

Last edited:
Reactions: jonesz21

2011 ECU Shaw started. I believe it was an issue with Garcia from the bowl game the year before and that was punishment. Shaw struggled and he went went to Garcia and we ran away 50 something to 30 something I believe..

2011 Auburn found a struggling Garcia, so he tried his hand with Shaw. I believe a couple of fumbles later, he went back to Garcia and we lost a close one.

The HBC will do it for sure, but there is usually a reason. In this case, he did a Shaw to Garcia in the ECU and it worked. Genius. But I don't call that musical QB's when one struggles and he goes to another and sticks.. In the AU game, you could say that for sure because he went Garcia, Shaw, Garcia but he is a man that will do whatever he can to win. Garcia wasn't doing it so he tried his had with Shaw. Shaw coughed up the ball so he felt he was in better shape with Garcia (Sr. Veteran QB).

So, you got him. One time in (4) years and (50)+ games makes it fact that he does it all the time. Lol

Facts confuse TaterTots... if it happens only once then it happens all the time... don't you know Clemmer logic

Facts confuse TaterTots... if it happens only once then it happens all the time... don't you know Clemmer logic

All good brother. I say it over and over. We all see what we want to see..

We are no different, really. Sometimes our people want to succeed so badly that they can't give any credit and believe they are evil and reckless and a bunch of other stuff. And, if they do, a bunch of folks jump them for being taeters. I just think orange is ugly. Lol. Otherwise, good luck to them and I will show up to our game with them and pull for MY team as hard as I can.

When bias is involved, it can cloud ones vision and turn to delusion quickly.. No matter which team you pull for..

That said, I'm proud to be a Gamecock..

Go Gamecocks!!

Reactions: cornstock99

This

Watson and Mitch will both be really good. I'm not sure why so many are bashing Watson here. He seems like a nice guy and he's backed it up on the field. He had like 6 or 7 touchdowns against UNC. That was also his first start. He played well on the road at FSU and would have won if not for that coke head kicker. I say 35 or so touchdowns for both fellas.

I agree. Watson is damn good. The only knock from most is his durability thus far. And that's fair. But CU fans see it as us being butt hurt and looking for a reason to bash him because he beat us.

I looked at HS stats from Watson and Mitch. Minus the rushing yardage that DW put it, damn, it's spooky how close they are..

DW (6'3" 200 lbs):

Total Passing Yards
Passing TDs
Pass Completions
Pass Attempts
Interceptions

CM (6'3" 210lbs):

Total Passing Yards
Passing TD's
Pass Completions
Pass Attempts
Interceptions
Could not find except for (9) his Jr year. He was a (4) year starter as I believe was DW..

Again, wasn't trying to prove anyone wrong. I just remember those games because despite a few key turn overs I saw a lot out of Shaw. I remember telling Clemson guys that we are going to have to deal with him at some point. He just was tough as nails. And, like I said he handles the situation with Garcia with a lot of class. I know it's hard to take posts like mine without expecting some snarkiness but in this case there was none intended.

No worries 96, and if you knew me you would know there was no venom intended in my response to your post. I'm as sarcastic as they come and don't mind a little banter back and forth as long as good natured.

I can acknowledge DW has every tool needed to be one of the best and when healthy, has proven such. I do not wish him ill will. I do wish our guys would lay him on his back though :)

I think you might be a bit "over sensitive" to Deshaun Watson's perceived hype. Dabo believes in his quarterback and unless you spend your time reading Clemson Tiger websites, the hype is at a normal level given the time of year it is. I'm not sure why this is continuously an issue with Gamecock fans? Anyway, right now the general consensus is that Clemson has a more proven option at this position. (Maybe not by much in your opinion and that's a fair comment as well). Let Connor Mitch and D. Watson play a few games before you start comparing them.

Clemson produced a "documentary" on Watson. A "D-O-C-U-M-E-N-T-O-R-Y" !!! I have not seen it, but it sure looks like they intend to exploit Watson in any way possible to publicize Clemson, and he is their heir to Tajh Boyd as their next Heisman winner. It appears that Clemson and the ACC are absolutely desperate to have a Heisman winner. He is the "ACC Pre-Season Player Of The Year". What a ridiculous label (and target) to put on a player by any conference. (I know other conferences do it, but it seems stupid to me.) Anyway, I'm not sure we would do such a thing or not. I don't recall seeing any "documentary" on Marcus Lattimore. ESPN did the "QB Nightmare" with Clowney, but that was an ESPN production in conjunction with the SEC; not a USC production. I remember the over-the-top Clowney hype, and the subsequent over-the-top tearing down and criticism of every part of him as a player just because he didn't have 3-4 sac's a game. I remember the UNC player who tried to take him out early in that game as well. So, if Watson doesn't shoot the lights out every game, he and the Clemson faithful are in for a meltdown of mega proportions, but I am afraid he will escape the criticism once he gets injured, and I think he will. Every ACC team will be out to stop and/or get him because even ACC defenses don't want to get beat by the "Pre-Season ACC Player-Of-The-Year.

Last edited:
We'll get a good start on a comparison with your UNC game.

Watson was 27 for 36 passing for 435 yards and 6 TDs versus 1 INT and 28 yards rushing against UNC last year in his first start.

I'm trying to figure out what it will take a lot of you to admit Watson is a very good QB.

I admit George Rogers was an excellent runningback. He never scored against Clemson - but so what - neither did Hershel Walker and they are two of the best all time.
The best receiver clemson had was Sammie. Watkins, he never crossed our goal line either but that. Didn't make. Him a bad. Receiver did it. This Carolins team. Is gonna be much improved on D this year. Watson will not be able to
Run around all day without getting clocked a few times. Dabo shows his stupidity by putting a true freshman to protect Watsons blind side, this Mitch Hyatt may be good but that is not a move I would make

It is truly something else to go back and resurrect some of these old threads after the season plays out sometimes. I don't really like this one so much.....ha ha.

Reactions: walkon_56
I'm on the fence here given Watson's being injury prone. Spurrier could probably make him a really good Qb but let's not forget that Clemson is known all over the country as being 5* killers or even 4* for that matter. Name me 1 player for them that has lived up to the hype other than Hopkins or Watkins. Clemson fans will tell you Spiller but in my opinion and it's just my opinion I think Spiller would have won a Heisman if he had went to Florida plus he would have won a national championship. So I would think that would have to disappoint him a little. I think this season will come down to coaching and Clemson will lose that battle. I just don't think Watson is going to get the coaching at Clemson that he needs to be a good Qb. Letting him play with a torn ACL proved that. Again Clemson fans will tell you he couldn't hurt it any worse and that's bs. If you're just a step slower when you have to get out of trouble you can get hurt bad. I guess I should have made this thread Spurrier vs Dabo
So are you still on the fence?

Holy shite! The level of ignorance on this board is beyond comical! There is no comparison. Mitch is a senior and STILL hasn't been named the starting QB. He couldn't even manage clean up duty vs FURMAN!! The lack of football IQ on this board is incredible. There is NO comparison. Watson is head and shoulders better than that scrub. Even Thompson got named the starter before the season started! This is the dumbest post I've ever read!

Congrats on being the dumbest tater on this board.

Mitch is not a good QB. He had his chance. I thought the world of this kid. But I would rather not see him on the field again, ever.

I'm on the fence here given Watson's being injury prone. Spurrier could probably make him a really good Qb but let's not forget that Clemson is known all over the country as being 5* killers or even 4* for that matter. Name me 1 player for them that has lived up to the hype other than Hopkins or Watkins. Clemson fans will tell you Spiller but in my opinion and it's just my opinion I think Spiller would have won a Heisman if he had went to Florida plus he would have won a national championship. So I would think that would have to disappoint him a little. I think this season will come down to coaching and Clemson will lose that battle. I just don't think Watson is going to get the coaching at Clemson that he needs to be a good Qb. Letting him play with a torn ACL proved that. Again Clemson fans will tell you he couldn't hurt it any worse and that's bs. If you're just a step slower when you have to get out of trouble you can get hurt bad. I guess I should have made this thread Spurrier vs Dabo

Not sure where you get 5* killer from...Rivals started giving players stars in 2002. Since then Clemson has only signed 11 5*s. The 1st in 2006. They are:

Watkins (1st Rd)
Spiller (1st Rd)
Stephone Anthony (1st Rd)
DaQuan Bowers (2nd Rd)
Ricky Sapp (5th Rd)
Tony Steward (riddled with injury - 6th Rd)
Mike Bellamy (kicked off the team - undrafted)

The remaining 4 are still on the roster, so time will tell how they fare.

As far as the Heisman, Since 2000, only 3 Heisman winners' teams have finished outside the AP Top 5. So it depends on the team performance as well. So I think it is safe to say none of them would have won without excellent talent around them. No to mention all of the other 5* players that didn't win a Heisman or NC.

First off let me say I like Watson. He seems to be a good Qb. However just like every other Qb Clemson has had since Dabo has become coach he is way over hyped. They did it with Parker, Boyd and Stout and make not only Clemson fans but the whole country and even some Carolina fans believe he is better than he is. I mean good lord they had everybody thinking last year that Stout was a Heisman canidate lol. They have taken 1 throw that Watson threw against Georgia and turned it into him being the greatest Qb to ever play college football. If you look at the rest of his play it was average even for a Fr. They want to tell us that he beat us with 1 leg. Scott and Gallman and an all senior defense beat us because we couldn't stop the run or the pass rush. It wont be like that this year. And if there is 1 person Carolina or Clemson fan that really thinks Watson makes it half way threw the season without getting hurt raise their hand.

Now Mitch. Spurrier told this kid he was gonna stay till he graduated if he came to USC because he seen something in this kid. Now the way I have heard it when Mitch got here he still had a lot of young kid in him. He would rather play xbox than workout. From what I'm hearing now some of his teammates and his high school coach have challenged him to really get in the weight room and put in extra time with his recievers and on the playbook and he's done all of that. That's exactly what Spurrier was trying to get him to do. Anybody that knows Spurrier knows he would not mention your name if he didn't care. Look at Nos. Coach got where he wouldn't even say he was a Qb. There is no way Spurrier put in 3 years on a Qb with the tools Mitch has to start a true freshman or a walk on LMAO. That has to be the funniest thing I have heard yet. Spurrier is just making sure Mitch keeps working hard.

For some unknown reason there are still some Carolina and clemson fans who underestimate Coach Spurrier and overestimate Dabo. Don't buy in to all the Clemson hype that they will be anything but average after they lost all their defense and their offensive line. And trust Coach Spurrier to have our guys ready to compete at the highest level
What a difference a season makes. Now do you feel as though Deshaun Watson was over hyped coming into season? Well it looks as though the fans were right to Underestimate Spurrier and Connor Mitch. I will be shocked if Connor Mitch throws another pass in a Gamecock uniform next year. What Dabo is doing for Clemson astonishing. Maybe Mushamp can turn our USC program around.

What a difference a season makes. Now do you feel as though Deshaun Watson was over hyped coming into season? Well it looks as though the fans were right to Underestimate Spurrier and Connor Mitch. I will be shocked if Connor Mitch throws another pass in a Gamecock uniform next year. What Dabo is doing for Clemson astonishing. Maybe Mushamp can turn our USC program around.

Dude, how big a tater fan are you................you went all the way back to a 6 month old post on FGF to try and prove Watson is better than Mitch and heckle someone? Wow.........just wow.

Watson and Connor have some similarities. They both have the same number of National Championships.

Last edited:
Dude, how big a tater fan are you................you went all the way back to a 6 month old post on FGF to try and prove Watson is better than Mitch and heckle someone? Wow.........just wow.
Tater? I'm a South Carolina fan all day. I just love this new layout that allows us posters to go back months to pull up old topics. It just validates the arguments that I've made in the past on here and on the Insiders Forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT