ADVERTISEMENT

Deshaun Watson

Status
Not open for further replies.
An "unwelcome guest" had better be sensitive, or he won't be a guest much longer. Not here. Actually, I'm old enough to remember when Gamecock and Tiger fans would have conversations on TI and this site and actually have conversations. There would be arguments, but they wouldn't end in complete and total melt downs. Ah, those days are gone. I am afraid social media is becoming a cess pool.

If you want to talk football, then why won't you answer my original question?

This...is...weird. It's like a message board time machine. But dang, I would use my time machine to go back to our good years before I knew that school up there was heading to a championship.

Reactions: Goldhunter
I hate to admit it but I hope Watson is successful with the Texans. Robert McNair is 80 years old this year and I want him to see a Super Bowl Championship. McNair is the man for us as Gamecock Football fans and alumni. I'm hopeful they pick up Hurst at TE in next year's draft.

Wish they still had DJ and Dunta was still young, but historically, McNair has done right by South Carolina and Clemson in the draft and in free agency.

I hate to admit it but I hope Watson is successful with the Texans. Robert McNair is 80 years old this year and I want him to see a Super Bowl Championship. McNair is the man for us as Gamecock Football fans and alumni. I'm hopeful they pick up Hurst at TE in next year's draft.

Wish they still had DJ and Dunta was still young, but historically, McNair has done right by South Carolina and Clemson in the draft and in free agency.
What's the deal with him picking up all the tater players? I would like to think I wouldn't do it if I was in his position. Lots of players from other schools that are just as good.

Reactions: Cocky_Corleone

Do you know if he is related to former governor McNair? I am sure I could Google but you seem to have some knowledge.

Reactions: Cocky_Corleone
OP, did you happen to see the 2 dropped potential pick sixes in that game. Aside from a great run, it seems he did everything he could to lose that game. Getting very lucky and still only putting up 13 points against a terrible team doesn't seem very impressive. I'm sure he'll get better, but that seemed like a poor performance to me...CBS and NFL.com seemed to agree.

Reactions: XTIGERK
What's the deal with him picking up all the tater players? I would like to think I wouldn't do it if I was in his position. Lots of players from other schools that are just as good.

I haven't followed their draft too much in recent years. All I know about is DeShawn and DeAndre off hand. I think I heard one of their recent DTs the other night but I'm not sure. Currently, the Texans have Clowney, Joseph, and Ellington if I'm not mistaken. In the past they've had Dunta, DJ, and Fred Bennett.

Last edited:
Reactions: Goldhunter
OP, did you happen to see the 2 dropped potential pick sixes in that game. Aside from a great run, it seems he did everything he could to lose that game. Getting very lucky and still only putting up 13 points against a terrible team doesn't seem very impressive. I'm sure he'll get better, but that seemed like a poor performance to me...CBS and NFL.com seemed to agree.
Agree. I think he can be really good but O'Brien didn't do him any favors by giving him his first start in a short week with that horrific OL. Would rather him be able to sit longer.

Reactions: Logic1969
I have been very critical of Watson on this board for the past two years, and justifiably so, because of his showboating, "look at me" individual celebrations after touchdowns and big plays. He impressed me last night in several ways, not the least by a toned-down demeanor after scoring or making big plays, which he made in abundance. I'm quite sure that Dabo, Venables, and probably D-Rad bent a few ears after the Boulware/Wilkins PR fiasco last week, but however it happened, Deschaun seemed more intent on celebrating with his teammates, which is the way it should be. Though I've never doubted his superior athleticism, mental acuity under pressure, leadership ability, or will to win, Watson also showed me a toughness that I've never seen from him before last night. I'm not saying he didn't have it ... I've just never seen it. That young man got hammered and hit last night, and like a great heavyweight rising from the canvas again and again, he continued to pummel the Bama defense, just like last year. Deshaun Watson and Clemson deserve my congratulations for winning the Natty and solidifying their place as the best football team in the nation this year!
Too bad Watts and Clowney don't play against him. So glad we don't have to see his showboating anymore in his Orange uni. Biggest jerk in football since Manzell.

For those on here that say Watson isn't humble must never listen to him speak on ESPN or in any interviews. I agree that he did the bow and arrow thing, blew kisses and put his head on a pillow and that was on the field antics. But off the field, this kid is as good as they come. I am glad he is gone but looked what he accomplished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT