ADVERTISEMENT

Deshaun Watson

bdblack

Mar 29, 2002
I've always been a fan of his very special athletic talent and coolness under pressure in a game, even when he was wearing us out. That's why I consider him a more complete college QB than Trevor Lawrence. When his back is against the wall and the chips are down, Watson plays his best. However, I've never appreciated and quite frankly always despised his "Look at Me" over-the-top celebrations after he executed a big play. Celebrating with team success is one thing, but shooting your arrow (a la his hero Cam) or dancing your showboat dance is quite another. Any player who celebrates himself constantly is usually a self-centered jerk, with no thought for the team except as a vehicle for his own glory. Self-absorbed, me-first people eventually trip over the line and expose their true self and motivation. For 3 years Dabo droned on and on endlessly about Deshaun's high character, which led me to wonder why that was necessary. I don't know whether he's guilty or innocent of the alleged charges, and I honestly hope that he is truly innocent, but self-centered folks invariably convince themselves that rules are made for the other suckers. Regardless, I'm guessing that every case will be settled out of court. If any of them actually do go to trial, I seriously doubt that he will ever be found guilty because the real evidence wouldn't stand up in court. If any of the cases ever do see the inside of a courthouse, I'm sure Watson would be looking for a completely hung jury.

Last edited:
I've always been a fan of his very special athletic talent and coolness under pressure in a game, even when he was wearing us out. That's why I consider him a more complete college QB than Trevor Lawrence. When his back is against the wall and the chips are down, Watson plays his best. However, I've never appreciated and quite frankly always despised his "Look at Me" over-the-top celebrations after he executed a big play. Celebrating with team success is one thing, but shooting your arrow (a la his hero Cam) or dancing your showboat dance is quite another. Any player who celebrates himself constantly is usually a self-centered jerk, with no thought for the team except as a vehicle for his own glory. Self-absorbed, me-first people eventually trip over the line and expose their true self and motivation. For 3 years Dabo droned on and on endlessly about Deshaun's high character, which led me to wonder why that was necessary. I don't know whether he's guilty or innocent of the alleged charges, and I honestly hope that he is truly innocent, but self-centered folks invariably convince themselves that rules are made for the other suckers. Regardless, I'm guessing that every case will be settled out of court. If any of them actually do go to trial, I seriously doubt that he will ever be found guilty because the real evidence wouldn't stand up in court. If any of the cases ever do see the inside of a courthouse, I'm sure Watson would be looking for a completely hung jury.

Why wouldn't the real evidence stand up in court?

It's a civil case. Sometimes she said wins over he said, particularly if there is a lot of believable she said.

I personally think this is a money grab, although likely that Watson did some less than honorable stuff along the way. And no, this case will never see the inside of a courtroom.

It's a civil case. Sometimes she said wins over he said, particularly if there is a lot of believable she said.

I personally think this is a money grab, although likely that Watson did some less than honorable stuff along the way. And no, this case will never see the inside of a courtroom.

Agree. Tony Buzbee, presents like a attention-grabbing, Houston cheeseball attorney. There's also been suggestions of collusion with the Texans.

Watson very well could be guilty, but with no criminal charges filed by any of the {now} 12 women, best to reserve judgement.

Rumored that a settlement may now be in the works leading to a a trade from Houston. If that were to happen, it would sure smell like nothing more than a money-grab.

For as much as this was blowing up in the news, it's been awfully silent for a while now.

Rumored that a settlement may now be in the works leading to a a trade from Houston. If that were to happen, it would sure smell like nothing more than a money-grab.

For as much as this was blowing up in the news, it's been awfully silent for a while now.
I think there are a number of truths in all this. 1. Deshaun Watson has a proclivity for prostitutes which he seeks to mask in "massages." 2. Some of the women likley entertained his special requests, others did not. 3. It's a money grab. One in which Watson has made himself susceptible to by reckless behavior. 4. None of this should entitle anyone to his money. 5. He will settle to avoid ugly and embarrassing details coming out in a trial. 6. He may be a gifted athlete but this whole thing is a pretty compelling arugment for the fact that he is an idiot.

His attorney admitted that sometimes sexual stuff did happen, but that it was all consensual on those occasions. Dude is clearly a rub and tug guy. He should have either gone to those places, or stuck with a handful of masseuses that he could count on. But having at least 40 different gals (that we know of), tends to show that he's a bit of a predator.

His attorney admitted that sometimes sexual stuff did happen, but that it was all consensual on those occasions. Dude is clearly a rub and tug guy. He should have either gone to those places, or stuck with a handful of masseuses that he could count on. But having at least 40 different gals (that we know of), tends to show that he's a bit of a predator.
I wouldn't call him a predator, but obviously he is pretty careless being a high profile and wealthy athlete. It was a matter of time before one of them wanted a payoff to keep quiet about his proclivity for rub and tugs.

I think there are a number of truths in all this. 1. Deshaun Watson has a proclivity for prostitutes which he seeks to mask in "massages." 2. Some of the women likley entertained his special requests, others did not. 3. It's a money grab. One in which Watson has made himself susceptible to by reckless behavior. 4. None of this should entitle anyone to his money. 5. He will settle to avoid ugly and embarrassing details coming out in a trial. 6. He may be a gifted athlete but this whole thing is a pretty compelling arugment for the fact that he is an idiot.

Yeah, his clean-cut image has taken a major hit. But, sadly, a professional athlete being a womanizer isn't exactly a shocking reveal. The massage therapist aspect gives it a bit of creeper twist.

On the one hand it bugs me that all you have to do these days is make an allegation and, without evidence, get a conviction in the court of public opinion and force someone to settle out of court. On the other hand, if Watson hadn't put himself in these kinds of situations, he wouldn't have opened himself up to that happening.

Where there’s smoke there’s fire . However I do find it quite a coincidence that the second Deshaun wants out of Houston all these allegations come to the surface . The Texans are an organization that would clearly stoop to this as many other former players have alluded to . Now if Deshaun did in fact sexual harass anybody he should pay he should be held accountable . I just think there is more to the story than meets the eye

What blows my mind is have you seen Deshaun’s girl ?? She’s absolutely stunning . Blows my mind that these guys have models living with them and they are chasing “Happy endings” . Happens all the time but i still can’t wrap my brain around it

As a Clemson fan and a decent human being, I want to believe Watson did not force himself on anyone and that he is a better person than that. As the poster pointed out, there is no actual evidence at this point that he forced himself on anyone. Hopefully that is true.

As a husband and a father, I am disgusted by the admittance that there were consensual sexual encounters with some of these women. Watson has a girlfriend of over a year and we men need to do a better job of treating our girlfriends/wives with respect and dignity. There is too much cheating and acceptance of cheating in our society. Men who do that are scumbags, plain and simple. So this Clemson fan thinks Watson is a scumbag regardless of what happens with these cases.

I believe in Jesus Christ and I believe in his forgiveness of our sins. I hope Watson asks for his forgiveness. I try to love the person and hate the sin, but I have a real hard time with that when it comes to people who mistreat women.

Where there’s smoke there’s fire . However I do find it quite a coincidence that the second Deshaun wants out of Houston all these allegations come to the surface . The Texans are an organization that would clearly stoop to this as many other former players have alluded to . Now if Deshaun did in fact sexual harass anybody he should pay he should be held accountable . I just think there is more to the story than meets the eye
"The Texans are behind this" is a fairly common thread on TNET. I find it hard to believe Texasns executives, unhappy with DW's trade demands, cooked up this up. No one has yet explained how wrecking Watson's value to the team or trade value benefits Houston.

Reactions: ulysses5 and pisgah
As a Clemson fan and a decent human being, I want to believe Watson did not force himself on anyone and that he is a better person than that. As the poster pointed out, there is no actual evidence at this point that he forced himself on anyone. Hopefully that is true.

As a husband and a father, I am disgusted by the admittance that there were consensual sexual encounters with some of these women. Watson has a girlfriend of over a year and we men need to do a better job of treating our girlfriends/wives with respect and dignity. There is too much cheating and acceptance of cheating in our society. Men who do that are scumbags, plain and simple. So this Clemson fan thinks Watson is a scumbag regardless of what happens with these cases.

I believe in Jesus Christ and I believe in his forgiveness of our sins. I hope Watson asks for his forgiveness. I try to love the person and hate the sin, but I have a real hard time with that when it comes to people who mistreat women.
Not trying to start a fight, but it’s not your or my place to forgive him. That task belongs to the women that he has abused/assaulted.

The legal system right now prevents that. But when the legal proceedings are over, I will be curious to see if he is honest and brave enough to address his shortcomings with himself or his victims. I hope he is.

"The Texans are behind this" is a fairly common thread on TNET. I find it hard to believe Texasns executives, unhappy with DW's trade demands, cooked up this up. No one has yet explained how wrecking Watson's value to the team or trade value benefits Houston.

I believe the thinking was maybe they were behind it to kill Watson's chances of any other team wanting to trade for him. If they do end up trading him then it doesn't make sense. All of this has certainly hurt his trade value, so the Texans would have been working to ensure they got less in return from him It is the Texans though, so who knows?

It's now expected that the cases will settle and Watson will face a partial season suspension.

Not trying to start a fight, but it’s not your or my place to forgive him. That task belongs to the women that he has abused/assaulted.

The legal system right now prevents that. But when the legal proceedings are over, I will be curious to see if he is honest and brave enough to address his shortcomings with himself or his victims. I hope he is.

for•give fər-gĭv′, fôr-
►​

• intransitive verb

To give up resentment against or stop wanting to punish (someone) for an offense or fault; pardon.
  • intransitive verb

To relent in being angry or in wishing to exact punishment for (an offense or fault).
  • intransitive verb

To absolve from payment of (a debt, for example).

Yeah, his clean-cut image has taken a major hit. But, sadly, a professional athlete being a womanizer isn't exactly a shocking reveal. The massage therapist aspect gives it a bit of creeper twist.

On the one hand it bugs me that all you have to do these days is make an allegation and, without evidence, get a conviction in the court of public opinion and force someone to settle out of court. On the other hand, if Watson hadn't put himself in these kinds of situations, he wouldn't have opened himself up to that happening.
i’m surprised dabo hasn’t come forward to get his cash too.

for•give fər-gĭv′, fôr-
►​

• intransitive verb

To give up resentment against or stop wanting to punish (someone) for an offense or fault; pardon.
  • intransitive verb

To relent in being angry or in wishing to exact punishment for (an offense or fault).
  • intransitive verb

To absolve from payment of (a debt, for example).
Not sure your point. The people who were harmed by Watson are those who will grapple with this issue of forgiveness.
For those on sidelines not harmed by himto say “Deshaun, I forgive you.” Usurp the real spiritual work that DeShaun and those he harmed have to do. It is very cheap Grace...see
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

In the spirit of Metta World Peace, I predict he will change his name to Yankee Doodle :cool:

Reactions: Horseshoe 04

Kinda weird to call a man a scumbag then follow that up with forgiveness. We all sin and all sin weigh the same. That’s the point of forgiveness. And if you want to be forgiven for your sins, you need to have forgiveness for Watson.

They keep the player. That’s what they want. Prior to all this Watson could have forced his way out, even sit a year if he had to. But now, no one wants him right, and if he plays where will he be? Houston. If they weren’t behind this, he would have been cut with cause and they are off the hook for any guaranteed money.

They keep the player. That’s what they want. Prior to all this Watson could have forced his way out, even sit a year if he had to. But now, no one wants him right, and if he plays where will he be? Houston. If they weren’t behind this, he would have been cut with cause and they are off the hook for any guaranteed money.
I'm not expert on NFL contracts but I believe the Texans own rights to DW for the next four years. If he quit or retired and tried to come back, they'd have rights to him. There was no scenario I see where DW had the upper hand. He can sit next year but the Texans "own" him the following year. DW has admitted to some of this - but claimed it's all consensual. There is smoke.

What blows my mind is have you seen Deshaun’s girl ?? She’s absolutely stunning . Blows my mind that these guys have models living with them and they are chasing “Happy endings” . Happens all the time but i still can’t wrap my brain around it
Lol sometimes you just want a freak and the one at home is not qualified

Starting to look like a shakedown. Some of the women and their legal team are crying about the NFL disrespecting them for asking tough questions in interviews.

None of really know what happened. The shame of it all is that nothing will remove the stigma. Even if found perfectly blameless, this will hang over his head. These well known guys with money have to be smarter than Watson has been. They have to know they have a big dollar sign target on their back. No doubt he probably has lost money over this.

Starting to look like a shakedown. Some of the women and their legal team are crying about the NFL disrespecting them for asking tough questions in interviews.

yeah, starting to look at least like they weren’t expecting much of a legal fight

None of really know what happened. The shame of it all is that nothing will remove the stigma. Even if found perfectly blameless, this will hang over his head. These well known guys with money have to be smarter than Watson has been. They have to know they have a big dollar sign target on their back. No doubt he probably has lost money over this.
If Watson gets out from under this, he will be alright. He can even use this to his advantage and press his way out of Houston. If he plays well and wins a Super Bowl, most will forget all about this. Who talks about Ezekiel Elliott’s issues anymore?

If Watson gets out from under this, he will be alright. He can even use this to his advantage and press his way out of Houston. If he plays well and wins a Super Bowl, most will forget all about this. Who talks about Ezekiel Elliott’s issues anymore?
I hope he can put it behind him. Seems to be a decent kid. Nobody deserves to have their reputation ripped from them if they didn't deserve it. Granted, he probably didn't make the best decisions but we all have been guilty of that from time to time. I know I do it more often than I care to admit.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT