ADVERTISEMENT

Despicable treatment Tim Tebow received by the Charleston River Dogs organization. Somebody should

psycock

Jan 20, 2001
be fired. Openly making fun of him, his religion, etc. The guy is a poster child for what is good in people and yet some morons thought it was fun to take shots at him. Would they have made fun of him if he was Muslim, Jewish, Hispanic or another minority? Of course not. My gosh, of all places Charleston which just had the anniversary of the shootings. Not comparing this to that, of course, but you would think they wouldn`t openly make fun of anyone, their religion or whatever. Especially when the guy was responsible for selling out the place. Just being a bully, like so many in the liberal media or on the left. Tebow is too much of a gentleman to protest and I`m sure took the high road. And I`m not some holy roller - that judgement is just appalling.

be fired. Openly making fun of him, his religion, etc. The guy is a poster child for what is good in people and yet some morons thought it was fun to take shots at him. Would they have made fun of him if he was Muslim, Jewish, Hispanic or another minority? Of course not. My gosh, of all places Charleston which just had the anniversary of the shootings. Not comparing this to that, of course, but you would think they wouldn`t openly make fun of anyone, their religion or whatever. Especially when the guy was responsible for selling out the place. Just being a bully, like so many in the liberal media or on the left. Tebow is too much of a gentleman to protest and I`m sure took the high road. And I`m not some holy roller - that judgement is just appalling.

What happened?

Charleston Riverdogs GM issued an apology today via The Charleston Post and Courier. I don't know exactly what happened, but apparently there were several videos played and announcements made. I have no idea what the videos and announcements were about. Riverdogs GM said they were making fun of his public persona/celebrity and not his religion, whatever that means. I'm sure more will come out about this tomorrow since the GM issued the apology today. Stay tuned

Just Google it people!! Haha
Yeah it's sounds a touch over the top....lame used car lot type crap

Reactions: Cyclone94

You're easily offended I see.

I think the "Not Tim Tebow" batting is kind of funny myself, when other players came up, i expected worse

We are now talking about a Riverdog game, they achieved their goal

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...essly-troll-tim-tebow/?utm_term=.a38f14ce18d7

They played video on the jumbotron of Tebow crying on the sideline at the 2009 SEC Championship game. The RiverDogs’ mascot, Charlie T. RiverDog, “Tebowed” on the field while wearing eye black inscribed with “John 3:16” — a reference to Tebow doing the same at the 2009 BCS Championship game. The mascot was referencing the 2009 national championship game, when Tebow wore eye black with the same phrase written on it. In 2010, the NCAA banned players from having messages written on eye paint, a decision that became known as the Tebow Rule.

DCetcf6XoAAA3xU.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: funktavious
Sadly, it's what our country has become. If anybody doesn't see the free fall, than you are either stupid or living under a rock. This country is in serious trouble, and unless we put the brakes on this destruction quickly, better be prepared for the worst. This country is 100% different than the one I lived in thirty years ago. Imagine the next thirty, your children and grandchildren will have it bad.

This is sad. Props to OP for bringing this out. People better take a stand against this type of stuff weather you like Tebow or not. Big group think is taking over morality and freedom. No they couldnt have done this against Muslim or other groups. They are protected by our government and the over pc crowd. This crap will go further and further until it gets to a group you recognize with

Of course the public statement they issued to him at the conclusion of the series thanking him for a great time and exciting series gets ignored by the OP because it doesn't support the agenda. What the Riverdogs did was funny and in the spirit of Minor League ballpark antics done all over the US. Tebow isn't on the Fireflies organization because he's good or a fixture for the team to develop rising talent. His job is solely to put butts in the stands, and he does that- he does it darn well. Opposing teams sell out and break attendance records when the Fireflies visit. You change the player to anyone else and no one bats an eye. Having fun with your home fans by making fun of an opposing player who's only purpose on the team is to draw attention to the team is part of the deal.

Of course the public statement they issued to him at the conclusion of the series thanking him for a great time and exciting series gets ignored by the OP because it doesn't support the agenda. What the Riverdogs did was funny and in the spirit of Minor League ballpark antics done all over the US. Tebow isn't on the Fireflies organization because he's good or a fixture for the team to develop rising talent. His job is solely to put butts in the stands, and he does that- he does it darn well. Opposing teams sell out and break attendance records when the Fireflies visit. You change the player to anyone else and no one bats an eye. Having fun with your home fans by making fun of an opposing player who's only purpose on the team is to draw attention to the team is part of the deal.
Good post, and Tebow has been well compensated for his "hurt feelings."

The "Not Tim Tebow" thing is funny, but sending the mascot out wearing John 3:16 eye black crosses a line. Meanwhile Mexico soccer just got fined $85,000 because fans yelled a gay slur. Who decides what is right and what is wrong ?

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky

THIS. It's really no different than any other heckling that goes on at ballparks all around the nation daily. They kept it "on the field" as you're supposed to do in heckling.

The "Not Tim Tebow" thing is funny, but sending the mascot out wearing John 3:16 eye black crosses a line. Meanwhile Mexico soccer just got fined $85,000 because fans yelled a gay slur. Who decides what is right and what is wrong ?
God

They screwed up and they know it. Their website's contact link was disabled so they could avoid the emails surly heading their way. Use of the 666 sign and Nazi swastika overlay was way out of line. He was basically taken to task for being a Christian.
Meanwhile they earned quite a sum due to the popularity of Tim Tebow.
Screw 'em. I'll never spend a dime to their benefit.

Bill Murray has to realize that just because something would work on SNL, we are still in the South here and you have to have manners.

Reactions: pisgah
Charleston has become a crap city, especially in the last few years. I have family there and used to visit quite a bit, now I only visit twice on Thanksgiving and Christmas and I hate that city. They claim it has "charm" but that's hard to notice when you have a bunch of out of town assholes running around.

It's funny how religious conservatives throw around the word "snowflake" to make fun of oversensitive liberals, then y'all go and act like this when a team pokes some harmless fun at Tebow. So who's the snowflake now?
Charleston is full of snowflakes and men that wear buns and tight mom jeans.

Reactions: sullie78

Had he been black, hispanic, female, gay, or muslim nobody would think it was funny. However, it's open season on white male Christians in this country.

Same rules don't apply when you attack and criticize white Christians. They have to take it. Also liberals are always forgiven for "crossing the line" when attacking the right. Maher uses the N word on his show and is getting love and forgiveness from blacks and the entertainment industry. If that's a conservative host saying that, his career is over.

The hypocrisy is so funny in this thread.

Whenever someone goes with the "well if this were directed at So and So group instead" what they're really saying is "I have no problem calling people whiny snowflakes and complaining about how PC the world has become when it relates to other people, but if it's about something I relate to then I'll be a whiny snowflake."

Pick one. Don't complain about the country getting too PC then complain when your delicate sensitivities are slightly offended.

Whenever someone goes with the "well if this were directed at So and So group instead" what they're really saying is "I have no problem calling people whiny snowflakes and complaining about how PC the world has become when it relates to other people, but if it's about something I relate to then I'll be a whiny snowflake."

Pick one. Don't complain about the country getting too PC then complain when your delicate sensitivities are slightly offended.
The difference is conservatives aren't protesting and rioting and burning Charleston down, we are just complaining about the double standard on a message board.

We're making a legitimate argument about the hypocrisy of PC not crying or getting violent because our party lost an election.

Tebow is genuine regarding his faith in Jesus Christ. And he expects backlash for being so vocal about his faith. I really don't think it bothers him at all. As a matter of fact I think it makes him bolder in his faith and he considers it a blessing. Jesus said, "Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me." Matthew 5:11. I would even go as far as to say he liked that the mascot had John 3:16 on his eyeblack. If it got the gospel proclaimed, even at his expense, he would rejoice.

Mascot was imitating Tebow--What else would he do that is Classic Tebow? kneel and put John 3:16 on my Eye black. duh.

They were poking fun at the circus that is tebow on the minor league circuit.

The "Not Tim Tebow" is just downright funny and a not a poke at Tebow as much as the circus of Tebow. Name one other player in the minors this week?

Thin skinned is a liberal thing.....Let's be adults here.

We're making a legitimate argument about the hypocrisy of PC not crying or getting violent because our party lost an election.
It's not hypocrisy- it's the PR department's job to hype up support for one's own team. Making fun of opposing players falls squarely in those confines, especially a player whose only purpose is to sell tickets.

Reactions: magicusc
It's not hypocrisy- it's the PR department's job to hype up support for one's own team. Making fun of opposing players falls squarely in those confines, especially a player whose only purpose is to sell tickets.
Publicity stunt gone wrong. Fair enough. Sending the mascot out on the field mocking Tebow wearing scripture is offensive but at least the GM apologized.

Last edited:
Publicity stunt gone wrong. Fair enough. Sending the mascot out on the field mocking Tebow wearing scripture is offensive but at least the GM apologized.

However, what if someone who has never read the Gospel, picked up the Word (or googled it in today's electronic age), read John 3:16 after all this hoopla, and was changed? Still offended?

Reactions: mUSCle Gamecock
Tebow is genuine regarding his faith in Jesus Christ. And he expects backlash for being so vocal about his faith. I really don't think it bothers him at all. As a matter of fact I think it makes him bolder in his faith and he considers it a blessing. Jesus said, "Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me." Matthew 5:11. I would even go as far as to say he liked that the mascot had John 3:16 on his eyeblack. If it got the gospel proclaimed, even at his expense, he would rejoice.
Bingo. Rejoice when the persecute you it comes with the territory and Tebow knows that that's why is doesn't offend him in the least.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT