ADVERTISEMENT

Detroit Democrat credits Trump for saving her life

That’s great it helped her. Seems a bit strange that her and her doctor needed trump to mention the drug to her given everyone over the age 3 has heard this drug mentioned numerous times by trump and fox.

At this point anyone who says the drug helped them is simply relating an anecdote. I have also seen patients on hydroxychloroquine who have died. I totally understand the need for hope but this is not a miracle drug,” Local 4′s Dr Frank McGeorge, Emergency Room physician at a Henry Ford Hospital and past President of the Michigan chapter of the American College of Emergency Physicians.

I'm sure Trump and Foxnews "got to her".
Jk, I'm glad she is feeling better. I would think this drug is a last resort for most extreme cases.

Reactions: tngamecock#
I'm sure Trump and Foxnews "got to her".
Jk, I'm glad she is feeling better. I would think this drug is a last resort for most extreme cases.

as the CEO (medical doctor) of New York’s Presbyterian Hospital said last night, it’s irresponsible to promote this as a cure. Doctors know about the drug and have for decades. Some politician promoting it should never influence a doctor.

Proper testing is needed. Because someone responds favorably to the drug doesn’t mean the drug cured them. That’s true for any medicine. Proper tests are required to know when the drug can be used safely, when it can’t be used safely, and if it works for certain patients, etc. personal stories and news stories.

How many times has the new york times been wrong about Trump? What exactly is a "small financial interest " anyway? If Trump wanted to make money he wouldnt have run for President.

read the article.

any politician with a financial interest in something they are promoting is potentially problematic and should be fully disclosed ahead of time. That’s basic ethics.

Do you think i would care for one second if obama and hillary co-owned a company that made a drug that would save my life and family members lives during a pandemic?? And i,ve not seen ANY proof of trump ownership anyway,but regardless,saving lives and helping people is all that matters to me...only liberals would spin a PROVEN to work combination and politicize it...lol,if i was you,rollerdude? Heaven forbid you or a family member contract this virus,i would protest against taking this drug combo on grounds of WHO MIGHT MAKE A PROFIT from saving your life!!!!! Yeah right...just like all you snowflakes are gonna send back that stimulus check lol...ya,ll are a bunch of clowns and thankfully we all know it.

Considering that 99-98% of people recover (and at varying time tables, with varying symptoms) - how can any treatment be considered effective to any degree of certainty? We don’t have a clear picture of why this affects some people but not others, and we certainly don’t have a good grasp on how people recover. Give it some time. Maybe this “miracle drug” will actually be a miracle drug.

I hope that this drug does work - it would be great if we had something to end all this. It is laughable to ascribe anything to trump though. If you’ve been to a shooting range you’d know that if you shoot from the hip long enough, you’ll eventually hit the target. That doesn’t mean you’re a good shot.

Reactions: Rollerdude123
Do you think i would care for one second if obama and hillary co-owned a company that made a drug that would save my life and family members lives during a pandemic??.

I would hope you’d want to know if they had a financial interest in something they were publicly promoting regardless if it’s medicine or a new WiFi device. That doesn’t mean you don’t take their advice. It simply means you are aware of the potential conflict of interest.

Most definitely you should have cared. Proper disclosure is essential with all public officials.

when I worked for the state, I had an opportunity to investigate a company that a relative had worked at for decades. No one knew about it but me and some family members. My relative was retired and no longer employed. But since I worked for the public and I was charged with avoiding even the appearance of impropriety, I asked my manager to assign another person in our office because of the way it could look to the public.

I wasn’t doing anything special. That’s is what others in our department did too. That was the way I was trained and that’s what was required of me by basic ethics governing our department.

A few other scenarios in my public career required me to simply disclose a potential conflict of interest. I once was given a sample product at a company that was personally worthless to me, but did have market value of approx $100. I tried to turn it down repeatedly but it was clear it would offend my host. I called my boss from the parking lot of that business and disclosed it, then wrote it up on a disclosure form once back at the office and then I gave the product away to someone outside our department. The appearance didn’t look right. Again, nothing special but that’s what you do when you work for the public.

another time I was in Myrtle Beach on a company site and was offered a free BBQ lunch. It was a nice offer but I turned it down because the appearance didn't look right. Here I was doing an investigation and employees (as a public employee I essentially worked for them) could see me eating lunch with the bosses like we were long lost friends. NO, I didn't think they were bribing me with an $8 BBQ lunch. They were being friendly and receptive. But it might not look right so I went down the road and grabbed a sandwich and paid for it myself. As before, nothing special but its what I was expected to do working for the public. I expected it of myself, my bosses expected it of me, and I expected it of others that work for the public.

That's why so many things I see politicians at all levels, on all sides, bother me - because I know the little guys out there are largely doing the right thing -even when no one is watching.

Last edited:
How many times has the new york times been wrong about Trump? What exactly is a "small financial interest " anyway? If Trump wanted to make money he wouldnt have run for President.
The drug has been out there for 65 years and is cheap. These people come up with the most ridiculous statements ever. You mention the treatment because you want people to get better and quell the pandemic.

Rollerdude entered.
giphy.gif

That’s great it helped her. Seems a bit strange that her and her doctor needed trump to mention the drug to her given everyone over the age 3 has heard this drug mentioned numerous times by trump and fox.

At this point anyone who says the drug helped them is simply relating an anecdote. I have also seen patients on hydroxychloroquine who have died. I totally understand the need for hope but this is not a miracle drug,” Local 4′s Dr Frank McGeorge, Emergency Room physician at a Henry Ford Hospital and past President of the Michigan chapter of the American College of Emergency Physicians.
Yet many Doctors in France, and USA report tremendous success with hydroxychloriquine! It's a proven drip treating malaria for many decades. It's a known commodity. Not using it as much as possible is insane. You must know a lot of these fatalities are people that were already very ill or had underlying health issues easily exacerbated by a respiratory Virus. Over 98% of infected persons have recovered completely. But you'll never hear that from the media

Reactions: BigTomE
Considering that 99-98% of people recover (and at varying time tables, with varying symptoms) - how can any treatment be considered effective to any degree of certainty? We don’t have a clear picture of why this affects some people but not others, and we certainly don’t have a good grasp on how people recover. Give it some time. Maybe this “miracle drug” will actually be a miracle drug.

Correct. It’s why Dr. Fauci has said proper testing is required.

Republican legislature would not allow the democratic governor to postpone voting in the primary today. LONG lines.

Rodney Howard Browne, pastor, speaks up from Florida about the science behind vaccines and how they kill people

Last edited:
And since you posted this, a bunch more times. I’m joining you in (apparently) not seeing those posts.

lol...he's like the freshman who comes home for winter break after one semester of college and thinks he knows it all b/c he can regurgitate notes from his sociology professor.

Reactions: JAYBURGER 11
Swan is a semi regular on Bret Bair’s show and Bret co spiders him a “straight shooter”

Republicans in the legislature refused to postpone the vote today causing massive issues for the election officials who have to run the election.
Numerous polling locations are closed due to virus concerns.

Governor Evers wanted to postpone the election until June.

Milwaukee only has 5 out of 180 polling places open due to sick poll workers.

And since you posted this, a bunch more times. I’m joining you in (apparently) not seeing those posts.

And, yeah, definitely ignored his posts. I enjoy engaging with opposing points of view, but not when it's just mindless regurgitation. There other lib posters on here I don't mind b/c they are obviously thinking about things.

Reactions: 92Pony and jeff2001
No, you are just hiding behind other topics. Because maybe this is a good sign.

I was quite clear in my thoughts about her. There was no reason for me to continue posting about her. That’s why I moved on to posting about other topics like the election today in Wisconsin,

Do you need me to repost my opinion about her again so you understand?

ADVERTISEMENT