ADVERTISEMENT

Detroit Democrat credits Trump for saving her life

That’s great it helped her. Seems a bit strange that her and her doctor needed trump to mention the drug to her given everyone over the age 3 has heard this drug mentioned numerous times by trump and fox.

At this point anyone who says the drug helped them is simply relating an anecdote. I have also seen patients on hydroxychloroquine who have died. I totally understand the need for hope but this is not a miracle drug,” Local 4′s Dr Frank McGeorge, Emergency Room physician at a Henry Ford Hospital and past President of the Michigan chapter of the American College of Emergency Physicians.

You seem genuinely happy she lived. Just brush that part of the story off to the side and continue attacking the President.
Typical response.

Here are some very true words spoken by Dan Bongino, and it really doesn't matter your political affiliation.

If you're openly, or quietly, hoping that a promising drug treatment fails, and that people DIE, all because President Trump mentioned it, then you are truly human filth. You're a garbage person and your existence makes the world worse each day.

Considering that 99-98% of people recover (and at varying time tables, with varying symptoms) - how can any treatment be considered effective to any degree of certainty? We don’t have a clear picture of why this affects some people but not others, and we certainly don’t have a good grasp on how people recover. Give it some time. Maybe this “miracle drug” will actually be a miracle drug.

I hope that this drug does work - it would be great if we had something to end all this. It is laughable to ascribe anything to trump though. If you’ve been to a shooting range you’d know that if you shoot from the hip long enough, you’ll eventually hit the target. That doesn’t mean you’re a good shot.

If 98-99% of people recover, then why is this country shutdown and our economy in a free fall? The number of hospitalizations predicted by the IHME model were WAY off. As a matter of fact, deaths, hospitalizations, beds, and ventilator needs were all grossly overestimated.
Why does the left continue to push for complete economic shutdowns, based on a model instead of the actual reality of the situation? They've recently revised the estimates, but I'm going out on a limb and betting that the newest estimates are also incredibly higher than what actually occurs.

On April 4th, for example, the IHME model predicted there would be between 120,963 and 203,436 Americans requiring hospitalization, with the average of that range being 164,745. In reality, there were 18,998. […]

That’s just hospitalizations, when it comes to intensive care beds, the difference between the projections and reality show an equally large gap. The average projected ICU beds needed on April 4th was 31,057; the reality was 4,686. That’s across the country, not just New York. Even after factoring in the caveats about missing states, that’s a miss akin to swinging and striking out on a pickoff to second base.

https://www.redstate.com/nick-arama...ths-hospitalizations-bed-and-ventilator-need/

If 98-99% of people recover, then why is this country shutdown and our economy in a free fall? The number of hospitalizations predicted by the IHME model were WAY off. As a matter of fact, deaths, hospitalizations, beds, and ventilator needs were all grossly overestimated.
Why does the left continue to push for complete economic shutdowns, based on a model instead of the actual reality of the situation? They've recently revised the estimates, but I'm going out on a limb and betting that the newest estimates are also incredibly higher than what actually occurs.

On April 4th, for example, the IHME model predicted there would be between 120,963 and 203,436 Americans requiring hospitalization, with the average of that range being 164,745. In reality, there were 18,998. […]

That’s just hospitalizations, when it comes to intensive care beds, the difference between the projections and reality show an equally large gap. The average projected ICU beds needed on April 4th was 31,057; the reality was 4,686. That’s across the country, not just New York. Even after factoring in the caveats about missing states, that’s a miss akin to swinging and striking out on a pickoff to second base.

https://www.redstate.com/nick-arama...ths-hospitalizations-bed-and-ventilator-need/

the left desperately wants and needs for this to be as bad as imaginable

Reactions: BigTomE
Republican legislature would not allow the democratic governor to postpone voting in the primary today. LONG lines.

This is absolute BS.....

The Wisconsin supreme court ordered the state to move ahead with in-person voting on Tuesday, hours after Governor Tony Evers called it off, capping weeks of chaos and criticism as the state scrambled to try and hold an election amid the Covid-19 pandemic.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...primary-election-in-person-voting-coronavirus

You seem genuinely happy she lived. Just brush that part of the story off to the side and continue attacking the President.
Typical response.

Here are some very true words spoken by Dan Bongino, and it really doesn't matter your political affiliation.

If you're openly, or quietly, hoping that a promising drug treatment fails, and that people DIE, all because President Trump mentioned it, then you are truly human filth. You're a garbage person and your existence makes the world worse each day.

I’m always happy when anyone recovers from anything. I didn’t attack the president in that particular post, but give me time.

Dan Bongino is a buffoon and 3 time failed political candidate. His accusing anyone of wanting people to die is yet another example of how big a loser he really is

At this point anyone who says the drug helped them is simply relating an anecdote. I have also seen patients on hydroxychloroquine who have died. I totally understand the need for hope but this is not a miracle drug,” Local 4′s Dr Frank McGeorge, Emergency Room physician at Henry Ford Hospital and past President of the Michigan chapter of the American College of Emergency Physicians.

Last edited:
Reactions: mavcock
I would hope you’d want to know if they had a financial interest in something they were publicly promoting regardless if it’s medicine or a new WiFi device. That doesn’t mean you don’t take their advice. It simply means you are aware of the potential conflict of interest.

Most definitely you should have cared. Proper disclosure is essential with all public officials.

when I worked for the state, I had an opportunity to investigate a company that a relative had worked at for decades. No one knew about it but me and some family members. My relative was retired and no longer employed. But since I worked for the public and I was charged with avoiding even the appearance of impropriety, I asked my manager to assign another person in our office because of the way it could look to the public.

I wasn’t doing anything special. That’s is what others in our department did too. That was the way I was trained and that’s what was required of me by basic ethics governing our department.

A few other scenarios in my public career required me to simply disclose a potential conflict of interest. I once was given a sample product at a company that was personally worthless to me, but did have market value of approx $100. I tried to turn it down repeatedly but it was clear it would offend my host. I called my boss from the parking lot of that business and disclosed it, then wrote it up on a disclosure form once back at the office and then I gave the product away to someone outside our department. The appearance didn’t look right. Again, nothing special but that’s what you do when you work for the public.

another time I was in Myrtle Beach on a company site and was offered a free BBQ lunch. It was a nice offer but I turned it down because the appearance didn't look right. Here I was doing an investigation and employees (as a public employee I essentially worked for them) could see me eating lunch with the bosses like we were long lost friends. NO, I didn't think they were bribing me with an $8 BBQ lunch. They were being friendly and receptive. But it might not look right so I went down the road and grabbed a sandwich and paid for it myself. As before, nothing special but its what I was expected to do working for the public. I expected it of myself, my bosses expected it of me, and I expected it of others that work for the public.

That's why so many things I see politicians at all levels, on all sides, bother me - because I know the little guys out there are largely doing the right thing -even when no one is watching.

So you're a cop? law enforcement?

I guess that explains why you're such a dick

So you're a cop? law enforcement?

I guess that explains why you're such a dick

It sounds like you really hate law enforcement officers to refer to them in such a derogatory manner.

No, I’ve never worked a day in law enforcement.

I was quite clear in my thoughts about her. There was no reason for me to continue posting about her. That’s why I moved on to posting about other topics like the election today in Wisconsin,

Do you need me to repost my opinion about her again so you understand?

Way to hijack another thread with your pointless, and way off topic twitter posts.
Deflect, deflect, deflect... the new democratic way

Way to hijack another thread with your pointless, and way off topic twitter posts.
Deflect, deflect, deflect... the new democratic way

sorry, I can’t help if you detest law enforcement officers or mistakenly thought I was one.

New estimates coming out these days are very promising. It’s directly due to the American people’s isolation measures. It’s a great thing what we’re doing and we’re avoiding an epic disaster. We’ll still probably see Vietnam War types of numbers in terms of deaths - but we’re making a difference each day and controlling our destiny.

New estimates coming out these days are very promising. It’s directly due to the American people’s isolation measures. It’s a great thing what we’re doing and we’re avoiding an epic disaster. We’ll still probably see Vietnam War types of numbers in terms of deaths - but we’re making a difference each day and controlling our destiny.

That’s great news all the way around.
Here is hoping those numbers are way over estimated.

I would hope you’d want to know if they had a financial interest in something they were publicly promoting regardless if it’s medicine or a new WiFi device. That doesn’t mean you don’t take their advice. It simply means you are aware of the potential conflict of interest.

Most definitely you should have cared. Proper disclosure is essential with all public officials.

when I worked for the state, I had an opportunity to investigate a company that a relative had worked at for decades. No one knew about it but me and some family members. My relative was retired and no longer employed. But since I worked for the public and I was charged with avoiding even the appearance of impropriety, I asked my manager to assign another person in our office because of the way it could look to the public.

I wasn’t doing anything special. That’s is what others in our department did too. That was the way I was trained and that’s what was required of me by basic ethics governing our department.

A few other scenarios in my public career required me to simply disclose a potential conflict of interest. I once was given a sample product at a company that was personally worthless to me, but did have market value of approx $100. I tried to turn it down repeatedly but it was clear it would offend my host. I called my boss from the parking lot of that business and disclosed it, then wrote it up on a disclosure form once back at the office and then I gave the product away to someone outside our department. The appearance didn’t look right. Again, nothing special but that’s what you do when you work for the public.

another time I was in Myrtle Beach on a company site and was offered a free BBQ lunch. It was a nice offer but I turned it down because the appearance didn't look right. Here I was doing an investigation and employees (as a public employee I essentially worked for them) could see me eating lunch with the bosses like we were long lost friends. NO, I didn't think they were bribing me with an $8 BBQ lunch. They were being friendly and receptive. But it might not look right so I went down the road and grabbed a sandwich and paid for it myself. As before, nothing special but its what I was expected to do working for the public. I expected it of myself, my bosses expected it of me, and I expected it of others that work for the public.

That's why so many things I see politicians at all levels, on all sides, bother me - because I know the little guys out there are largely doing the right thing -even when no one is watching.
What company are you talking about him having a financial interest in. Also, is that the only company that makes hydrochloroquen

That’s great it helped her. Seems a bit strange that her and her doctor needed trump to mention the drug to her given everyone over the age 3 has heard this drug mentioned numerous times by trump and fox.

At this point anyone who says the drug helped them is simply relating an anecdote. I have also seen patients on hydroxychloroquine who have died. I totally understand the need for hope but this is not a miracle drug,” Local 4′s Dr Frank McGeorge, Emergency Room physician at a Henry Ford Hospital and past President of the Michigan chapter of the American College of Emergency Physicians.
I would really like to know how many patients using this drug that you have seen died. Because, unless you are the attending physician, nurse, or respiratory therapists, you can’t get in room of patients. So, how many have you seen died really.

This is absolute BS.....

The Wisconsin supreme court ordered the state to move ahead with in-person voting on Tuesday, hours after Governor Tony Evers called it off, capping weeks of chaos and criticism as the state scrambled to try and hold an election amid the Covid-19 pandemic.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...primary-election-in-person-voting-coronavirus
Even in WI, I think it will still be a Trump vs Biden in the general election. If your concern is about local elections, you have point. Certainly reduced any potential turnout.

Proper testing to substantiate the promising early small scale findings.
Rollerdude is just smarter than everyone. Damn the numerous Doctors that say it's working. He will find the one doctor out of a thousand that says it's not a good treatment and say Trump is wrong .

Reactions: BigTomE
This is absolute BS.....

No, I’m correct. I have family in Wisconsin. I have followed this story closely for weeks.

the Governor called a special legislative session to move the election to later. The Republican legislature immediately adjourned the session without taking up his request. This has been going on for weeks, the governor has tried to move the election, the legislature would not consider it. All of this occurred before the Republican majority Wisconsin Supreme Court ordered them to move along with the election today.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news...day-voting-track-tuesday-election/2948444001/

Republicans stalled Gov. Tony Evers' move to push back Tuesday's election, quickly adjourning a special legislative session to deal with voting issues because of the coronavirus pandemic.

During Saturday's proceedings, the state Assembly and state Senate each gaveled in and out within seconds and recessed until Monday.

Last edited:
I would really like to know how many patients using this drug that you have seen died. Because, unless you are the attending physician, nurse, or respiratory therapists, you can’t get in room of patients. So, how many have you seen died really.

huh?

I quoted an Emergency room physician at Henry Ford hospital. I put his name in the post.

Rollerdude is just smarter than everyone. Damn the numerous Doctors that say it's working. He will find the one doctor out of a thousand that says it's not a good treatment and say Trump is wrong .

incorrect. I will say the same thing the CDC says, it needs to be tested. The drug is approved for compassionate use now and that’s fine.

No, I’m correct. I have family in Wisconsin. I have followed this story closely for weeks.

the Grover called a special legislative session to move the election to later. The Republican legislature immediately adjourned the session without taking up his request. This has been going on for weeks, the governor has tried to move the election, the legislative would not consider it. All of this occurred before the Republican majority Wisconsin Supreme Court ordered them to move along with the election today.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news...day-voting-track-tuesday-election/2948444001/

Republicans stalled Gov. Tony Evers' move to push back Tuesday's election, quickly adjourning a special legislative session to deal with voting issues because of the coronavirus pandemic.

During Saturday's proceedings, the state Assembly and state Senate each gaveled in and out within seconds and recessed until Monday.

Your own post says the Wisconsin Supreme Court ordered them to move along with the election Tuesday. The Supreme Court could have ruled against holding the election Tuesday, but did not. The FINAL decision was made by the Supreme Court.

Do you not see the hypocrisy of your party? Elections during a pandemic: bad, very bad. Standing in line to vote, even if practicing social distancing is what they try and stop. But
Open borders: good, very good. Thousands of undocumented, untested illegals pouring into the country daily is okay.

Reactions: Expro19
Your own post says the Wisconsin Supreme Court ordered them to move along with the election Tuesday. The Supreme Court could have ruled against holding the election Tuesday, but did not. The FINAL decision was made by the Supreme Court.

Do you not see the hypocrisy of your party? Elections during a pandemic: bad, very bad. Standing in line to vote, even if practicing social distancing is what they try and stop. But
Open borders: good, very good. Thousands of undocumented, untested illegals pouring into the country daily is okay.

1) the Wisconsin Supreme Court got involved because the Republican led general assembly petitioned them to rule that the election couldn’t be delayed/moved unless the legislature passed a law moving it.

2). The governor, before the court ruled, stated he didn’t think he had the authority to delay the election and predicted he’d lose in the court but pleaded with the legislature to delay the election because of the virus. He threw a Hail Mary and lost as he predicted.

3) the court only agreed with the petition the Republican legislature brought before it.

4) it’s not my party. I detest political parties. I detest ideologues

the problem was the legislature wouldn’t move the election. They had the authority to do it. They refused. The governor tried every possible option.

If they had passed a law agreeing with the governor to delay it, the court wouldn’t have even taken up the issue. They took it up because the Republican legislature asked them to take it up so the governor would not have a chance to delay the election- an outcome he predicted but tried anyway because it was the only chance to delay it for a month.

1) the Wisconsin Supreme Court got involved because the Republican led general assembly petitioned them to rule that the election couldn’t be delayed/moved unless the legislature passed a law moving it.

2). The governor, before the court ruled, stated he didn’t think he had the authority to delay the election and predicted he’d lose in the court but pleaded with the legislature to delay the election because of the virus. He threw a Hail Mary and lost as he predicted.

3) the court only agreed with the petition the Republican legislature brought before it.

4) it’s not my party. I detest political parties. I detest ideologues

the problem was the legislature wouldn’t move the election. They had the authority to do it. They refused. The governor tried every possible option.

If they had passed a law agreeing with the governor to delay it, the court wouldn’t have even taken up the issue. They took it up because the Republican legislature asked them to take it up so the governor would not have a chance to delay the election- an outcome he predicted but tried anyway because it was the only chance to delay it for a month.

Right, so we agree the Supreme Court made the final decision.

Right, so we agree the Supreme Court made the final decision.

The court simply ruled that the governor didn’t have the authority to postpone the election. That was their final decision.

the general assembly refused to postpone the election as the governor had suggested.

the governor wanted to postpone it because so many people had been unable to get absentee votes due to the staffing issues the virus created plus concerns with thousands standing in line and poll workers health concerns. BTW....

Last edited:
The court simply ruled that the governor didn’t have the authority to postpone the election. That was their final decision.

the general assembly refused to postpone the election as the governor had suggested.

the governor wanted to postpone it because so many people had been unable to get absentee votes due to the staffing issues the virus created plus concerns with thousands standing in line and poll workers health concerns. BTW....

Read your first sentence..... the court ruled, which literally means the court made the final decision. The court could have ruled differently and stopped the election.

Reactions: cadcock
Read your first sentence..... the court ruled, which literally means the court made the final decision. The court could have ruled differently and stopped the election.

you keep saying that like the court made the decision for everyone to have to vote yesterday. That’s not true. That isn’t what they were charged to answer or solve. You are doing that so you don't have to blame the responsible party- the general assembly.

The court didn’t say the election had to happen yesterday. They said the governor couldn’t change the date himself, only the legislature could do it.

ALL they were to do is rule if the governor could move it himself. Nothing more. they did not state the election could not be moved. They didn’t state it was smart to keep it yesterday. It wasn’t.

the Republican legislature is the entity that refused to move the date. It was their call and they refused which caused a mess. All the court did was state that the law said the legislature could move it.

regardless, it doesn’t matter.

the issue that impacted people was the fact the Republican legislature would not move the date to make it easier and safer for citizens, as the governor and elections officials across the state wanted to do,

you keep saying that like the court made the decision for everyone to have to vote yesterday. That’s not true. That isn’t what they were charged to answer or solve. You are doing that so you don't have to blame the responsible party- the general assembly.

The court didn’t say the election had to happen yesterday. They said the governor couldn’t change the date himself, only the legislature could do it.

ALL they were to do is rule if the governor could move it himself. Nothing more. they did not state the election could not be moved. They didn’t state it was smart to keep it yesterday. It wasn’t.

the Republican legislature is the entity that refused to move the date. It was their call and they refused which caused a mess. All the court did was state that the law said the legislature could move it.

regardless, it doesn’t matter.

the issue that impacted people was the fact the Republican legislature would not move the date to make it easier and safer for citizens, as the governor and elections officials across the state wanted to do,

Could the court have ruled differently and delayed elections? Yes.
Therefore, the court made the final decision.

Could the court have ruled differently and delayed elections? Yes.
Therefore, the court made the final decision.

The unintended result would be a delay but they were not deciding that issue.

your implication is they would make a ruling against state law so they could delay the election. That’s not how it works.

they had a single issue before them. The GOP petitioned the court to decide if they governor could move the election. That’s it. That’s all. The governor said he couldn’t. He tried anyway because he wanted to do anything he could to delay it by a month.

the court didn’t rule the Republican legislature couldn’t move the date, they could have. That would have been the court making the final decision. So the final decision was the legislature.

They refused and it caused a mess and endangered a lot of people.

Last edited:
The Dems will be canvassing Neighborhoods to buy votes!!

and republican would never do that, would they?

In October, during the final stretch of the congressional election in North Carolina’s Ninth District—one of the most tightly contested House races in the nation—Datesha Montgomery opened her door, in Bladen County, to find a young woman who explained that she was collecting absentee ballots. “I filled out two names on the ballot—Hakeem Brown for Sheriff and Vince Rozier for board of education,” Montgomery wrote in an affidavit. Under North Carolina law, only voters themselves are allowed to handle or turn in their ballots, but the woman at Montgomery’s door “stated the [other races] were not important.” Montgomery added, “I gave her the ballot and she said she would finish it herself. I signed the ballot and she left. It was not sealed up at any time.”

Earlier this week, Montgomery’s complaint, along with four other sworn statements, and a sixth which was not notarized, were submitted to the North Carolina election board by a lawyer for the state’s Democratic Party. These affidavits, which were first reported by the Charlotte TV station WSOC, contain the following allegations: a woman going door to door saying “she was assigned to the district to collect absentee ballots”; one instance of an unrequested absentee ballot arriving at a voter’s house; “improper” election monitoring at a polling site; unusual “coding” on absentee ballots; and two men separately saying that they overheard people talking about payments to a local political operative working for the Republican candidate, Mark Harris.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news...on-fraud-shake-north-carolinas-ninth-district

They want mail in paper ballots. You know what that means. A sudden surge of mysterious Dem votes.

I can only imagine the corruption that would take place by the left.

It was quite humorous yesterday to see Biden and some leftist political commentator demand that Trump not delay the elections. Trump hasn't breathed a word about it. Nobody in his camp or the White House has said or done anything to suggest this is even entered anyone's mind. It's just another liberal straw man.

The Dems will be canvassing Neighborhoods to buy votes!!

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/politics-government/article226628829.html

Republican for office Mark Harris used a GOP operative to illegally harvest ballots. Harris’ own son noticed irregularities. Other Republicans had used the same operative in the past.

“Mark Harris, in his third run for political office, would go all in.

Unlike his two previous unsuccessful campaigns, the senior pastor at First Baptist Church in Charlotte resigned from the job he’d held since 2005.

He secured the services of McCrae Dowless, a Bladen County elected official and political operative, whose work in the 2016 primary for another Republican may have cost Harris a seat in Congress.

But Harris’ oldest son, John, a federal law clerk in the D.C. Circuit Court, had noticed anomalies in absentee ballots in Bladen County. He was reviewing publicly available voting information, sorting it and analyzing it.

He noticed a few things: a higher-than-expected percentage of African-American voters were participating in the Republican primary, an extraordinary number of absentee by mail votes as compared to total votes in Bladen County and that many of the absentee ballots that were returned arrived at the Board of Elections on the same day.

On Election Night, in preparation for a possible recount, Harris emailed his father with his suspicions.

“This smacks of something gone awry,” John Harris wrote.

I'm sure Trump and Foxnews "got to her".
Jk, I'm glad she is feeling better. I would think this drug is a last resort for most extreme cases.

Let rollerdude go. He copy/pasted a Twitter from a senior producer at MSNBC. It must be true:rolleyes:

Reactions: cockofdawn
https://www.newsobserver.com/news/politics-government/article226628829.html

Republican for office Mark Harris used a GOP operative to illegally harvest ballots. Harris’ own son noticed irregularities. Other Republicans had used the same operative in the past.

“Mark Harris, in his third run for political office, would go all in.

Unlike his two previous unsuccessful campaigns, the senior pastor at First Baptist Church in Charlotte resigned from the job he’d held since 2005.

He secured the services of McCrae Dowless, a Bladen County elected official and political operative, whose work in the 2016 primary for another Republican may have cost Harris a seat in Congress.

But Harris’ oldest son, John, a federal law clerk in the D.C. Circuit Court, had noticed anomalies in absentee ballots in Bladen County. He was reviewing publicly available voting information, sorting it and analyzing it.

He noticed a few things: a higher-than-expected percentage of African-American voters were participating in the Republican primary, an extraordinary number of absentee by mail votes as compared to total votes in Bladen County and that many of the absentee ballots that were returned arrived at the Board of Elections on the same day.

On Election Night, in preparation for a possible recount, Harris emailed his father with his suspicions.

“This smacks of something gone awry,” John Harris wrote.
WOW, didnt realize a MARK HARRIS was running for President... Damned, i must have missed that one!! Sorry..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT