ADVERTISEMENT

Devil rays

The Devil Rays don’t exist. Haven’t for 13 years now. Most people don’t understand the issue with the Rays. They just see what mainstream guy say who also don’t know the situation. The Rays have tons of support. Daily TV ratings show there is a lot of Rays fans / support. Problem is the Stadium is 45 minutes away from the hub of Rays fans...and only 3 bridges crossing over the bay to get to it.

Sadly, the Mayor of St Pete refused for years to allow the Rays to find a home in Tampa. When it got to the point he had to, it was likely too late. It’s real sad to be honest. It’s only the first generation of Rays fans and the team would thrive anywhere near downtown.

Kevin Cash has been a great manager. Sadly this might be his legacy moving forward. One of the worst decisions ever by a manager to remove Snell from that game. Cost the Rays a chance to force a Game 7. He was cruising.

Last edited:
Reactions: king ward
The Devil Rays don’t exist. Haven’t for 13 years now. Most people don’t understand the issue with the Rays. They just see what mainstream guy say who also don’t know the situation. The Rays have tons of support. Daily TV ratings show there is a lot of Rays fans / support. Problem is the Stadium is 45 minutes away from the hub of Rays fans...and only 3 bridges crossing over the bay to get to it.

Sadly, the Mayor of St Pete refused for years to allow the Rays to find a home in Tampa. When it got to the point he had to, it was likely too late. It’s real sad to be honest. It’s only the first generation of Rays fans and the team would thrive anywhere near downtown.

Kevin Cash has been a great manager. Sadly this might be his legacy moving forward. One of the worst decisions ever by a manager to remove Snell from that game. Cost the Rays a chance to force a Game 7. He was cruising.
I've probably seen 15-20 games at The Trop over the years. You're right about that pitching change. Disastrous.

Reactions: Carolina4
I've probably seen 15-20 games at The Trop over the years. You're right about that pitching change. Disastrous.

He had thrown 72 pitches. Cash should’ve been thinking complete game shutout. He gave up a 1 out single and got the hook. I’d love to have seen what Snell was saying in the dugout watching that inning unfold. The game was over minutes after he was pulled. You could see it in the Rays dugout. That was it.

He had thrown 72 pitches. Cash should’ve been thinking complete game shutout. He gave up a 1 out single and got the hook. I’d love to have seen what Snell was saying in the dugout watching that inning unfold. The game was over minutes after he was pulled. You could see it in the Rays dugout. That was it.
I was expecting it to come down to the bottom of the 9th, TBH. I was planning for Game 7 drinking tonight.

I was expecting it to come down to the bottom of the 9th, TBH. I was planning for Game 7 drinking tonight.

Haha. As a Rays fan, I was thinking it would end in 6. But that’s often how fans think...

congrats on the World Series. Maybe we’ll get one before the team leaves...

No one is questioning Cash if he leaves him in and he gives up a run or two. But everyone is questioning Cash now. As I said earlier, I was already preparing for Game 7. Kid was in the zone. I fully expected him to be out there much longer.
I should congratulate you on a Dodgers victory. And I do. However, I'm old enough to feel the same way about them leaving Brooklyn as I did about the Colts leaving Baltimore. They were dead to me from that point on. But I had a friend growing up in school who was probably the best friend I had in my youth. He was also a staunch Dodger fan. This was in the days of Koufax, Wills, Drysdale, the Davis boys, those people. My friend has been gone for several years now. I wish he had lived to see this.

I should congratulate you on a Dodgers victory. And I do. However, I'm old enough to feel the same way about them leaving Brooklyn as I did about the Colts leaving Baltimore. They were dead to me from that point on. But I had a friend growing up in school who was probably the best friend I had in my youth. He was also a staunch Dodger fan. This was in the days of Koufax, Wills, Drysdale, the Davis boys, those people. My friend has been gone for several years now. I wish he had lived to see this.
Thank you @king ward . I appreciate it. I get my love of the Dodgers from my Daddy. I called him as soon as the game was over. His favorite is Mr. Koufax. He and Grandaddy went to games at Ebbets during the '55 and '56 Series. Grandaddy and Kirby Higbe were best friends.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT