ADVERTISEMENT

Did I read it correctly? Women’s Equestrian lost to UGA?

Judson1

Jul 31, 2008
Fire Tanner! It’s all going downhill. Next thing you know our bass fishermen won’t be weighing in limits.

Reactions: summervillecock#
The equestrian team used to be good. This year they finished 4th out of 4 teams in the SEC. I think there are only 14 who compete in the national championship, and it is at a club level. The last few years the team has not been as good as before. However, Burt Bacarach's daughter is on the team, I believe.

The problem is...They were using “our” horses. SEC Championship was held in Blythewood.

The problem is...They were using “our” horses. SEC Championship was held in Blythewood.
I would assume that each team brings its own horses, does it not. From what I remember SCAD does....and if SCAD can afford it, not sure how SEC schools can not.

rogue cockWell-Known Member
New

I would assume that each team brings its own horses, does it not. From what I remember SCAD does....and if SCAD can afford it, not sure how SEC schools can not.

Not sure what they “normally do, but I caught some of a “rerun” on the SEC Network, and the announcers said they were using Carolina’s horses.

Reactions: bayrooster
The equestrian team used to be good. This year they finished 4th out of 4 teams in the SEC. I think there are only 14 who compete in the national championship, and it is at a club level. The last few years the team has not been as good as before. However, Burt Bacarach's daughter is on the team, I believe.
He must have sired her when he was almost 70.

Reactions: Cybercock
New

Not sure what they “normally do, but I caught some of a “rerun” on the SEC Network, and the announcers said they were using Carolina’s horses.
Somehow we always find a way...

:mad:

New

So they depleted our depth? No wonder! :)

You don't bring your own horses. My understanding is that there is some kind of lottery system to determine who gets which horse (all provided by the host university). That prevents the home team from saddling the visitors with the lame horses. But I don't claim to be an equestrian expert, so I could be completely wrong.

You don't bring your own horses. My understanding is that there is some kind of lottery system to determine who gets which horse (all provided by the host university). That prevents the home team from saddling the visitors with the lame horses. But I don't claim to be an equestrian expert, so I could be completely wrong.
Not sure either. Have a friend whose daughter rode for SCAD and I have seen SCAD's horse trailers. Always thought they took their own and were housed at the host university for the match.

I tried to Google it and can't find the answer...

I always wonder about how the visitors bring or borrow horses...

I tried to Google it and can't find the answer...

I always wonder about how the visitors bring or borrow horses...

Not sure either. Have a friend whose daughter rode for SCAD and I have seen SCAD's horse trailers. Always thought they took their own and were housed at the host university for the match.

Here's the best I could come up with from searching the net.

https://12thman.com/sports/2015/6/9/EQUEST_0609153219.aspx

Q) What is a typical competition like?
A) The basis of collegiate riding is to award the rider based on their ability to successfully ride unfamiliar horses. Colleges hosting team competitions provide all of the horses and tack that will be used at the competition. Riders learn what horse they will be showing using a lottery system. The unique aspect of NCEA competitions is that each team will compete with other teams in a head-to-head format. Each rider that has been chosen by their coach to ride for their team will compete on the horse they have drawn, while one rider from the opposing team will also have an opportunity to ride and be scored on that same horse. The rider who gets a higher score on that particular horse earns 1 point for their team. This system helps to level the playing field and gives both teams the same opportunity on the same horses.

Reactions: rogue cock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT