ADVERTISEMENT

Did last nights game hurt lawrences draft status

A defense that young rattling him that bad. These NFL teams will feast on him. I dont even think he will go number one. I see fields gaining more traction for the number one spot. The days of drafting a 6 ft 6 qb just
he is listed at 6'6 but he is more like 6'7. Runs like a deer with a rocket arm . Not a true scrambler per se, but steps up in the pocket, and great lateral movement, and throws darts on the run in all the directions you can imagine. And his bad game was 33 out of 48 for 400 yards ?. One int but still threw for more td's than ints being under constant pressure all night. Had his best qb efficiency rating in his three year career despite having a pathetic OL that ranked near bottom of conference , even with having the leading rusher in ACC history. Now, if he just flat out sucks in the combine, then so be it ( assuming his agent lets him work out in the combine). But failure has not been on his resume.

Reactions: garnet_reign
he is listed at 6'6 but he is more like 6'7. Runs like a deer with a rocket arm . Not a true scrambler per se, but steps up in the pocket, and great lateral movement, and throws darts on the run in all the directions you can imagine. And his bad game was 33 out of 48 for 400 yards ?. One int but still threw for more td's than ints being under constant pressure all night. Had his best qb efficiency rating in his three year career despite having a pathetic OL that ranked near bottom of conference , even with having the leading rusher in ACC history. Now, if he just flat out sucks in the combine, then so be it ( assuming his agent lets him work out in the combine). But failure has not been on his resume.
As much as most of this board would love to see him fail, he is a very talented QB who was pretty much NFL ready after his second season. He won a national championship as a true freshman, blowing out Bama.

Reactions: purenonsense
A defense that young rattling him that bad. These NFL teams will feast on him. I dont even think he will go number one. I see fields gaining more traction for the number one spot. The days of drafting a 6 ft 6 qb just

That is totally NOT how it works. Not even remotely, in any shape or form. Absolutely nothing changed re his draft status.

Reactions: USCLaw85
As much as most of this board would love to see him fail, he is a very talented QB who was pretty much NFL ready after his second season. He won a national championship as a true freshman, blowing out Bama.

Speak for yourself, I do not want to see him or anyone else "fail" just because he played for Clemson. I have a ton of respect and admiration for the kid as a football player. Hate him as a "Tiger", but I don't let sports make me a bitter, petty person.

Reactions: rogue cock
Speak for yourself, I do not want to see him or anyone else "fail" just because he played for Clemson. I have a ton of respect and admiration for the kid as a football player. Hate him as a "Tiger", but I don't let sports make me a bitter, petty person.
We're in agreement. I praised the kid. He's going to the NFL so he's no longer a clemson player to me. To paraphrase Don Vito Corleone "...good luck to (him), especially since (his) interests don't conflict with (ours)."

Last edited:
His game will not work in the NFL. I have said it and said it and said it. Of course I'm nobody but please someone remember this post.

Blah blah like this is a hate Trevor Lawrence thread. Isn't. It's an opinion thread. The kid plays like dog shit anytime they aren't bullying a bunch of nobodies. They had that game won when they scored first and did the same exact thing against Lsu last year. Crumbles under pressure and this is an ongoing problem. They had the talent to play that team better. He was the week link on that clemson team and cost them that game and going to championship. Fields screwed up in the endzone with a pick.put it in the back of his mind and started dropping 50+

Blah blah like this is a hate Trevor Lawrence thread. Isn't. It's an opinion thread. The kid plays like dog shit anytime they aren't bullying a bunch of nobodies. They had that game won when they scored first and did the same exact thing against Lsu last year. Crumbles under pressure and this is an ongoing problem. They had the talent to play that team better. He was the week link on that clemson team and cost them that game and going to championship. Fields screwed up in the endzone with a pick.put it in the back of his mind and started dropping 50+
well, you may be a great fan, but you just lost a ton of credibility on having any football iq, especially when it come to qb evaluation.

You left out the 3 fumbles. He wasn't the best QB in the field Friday night. He looked average against a defense with comparable speed.

You left out the 3 fumbles. He wasn't the best QB in the field Friday night. He looked average against a defense with comparable speed.
I was just told I might be a great fan and lost a ton of credibility, what's up are they they many gamecock trevor Lawrence fan boys, trolls , muschamp lovers. Is this the state up our program fans. I just pointed like you hes not a number one qb to me and all these gamecock fans got their feelings hurt

His game will not work in the NFL. I have said it and said it and said it. Of course I'm nobody but please someone remember this post.
Which part of his game will not work in the NFL ? I will hang up and listen.

Actually , he was short on receivers this year. The only receivers who were consistently healthy were Amari and the fifth year Powell kid. Ross out for the season. And the other freshmen five and four stars they had missed 3/4 of the season. Going into the playoffs , he still had the highest qb rating of his storied career.

Last year TL had Higgins, Ross, and Rogers. He’s had great receivers and TE’s his entire career, more than most college QB’s. Jones and Trask had that advantage this year, and Burrows certainly had great receivers in 2019 at LSU.

QB’s would hardly ever win the Heisman without great offensive players around them.

Last year TL had Higgins, Ross, and Rogers. He’s had great receivers and TE’s his entire career, more than most college QB’s. Jones and Trask had that advantage this year, and Burrows certainly had great receivers in 2019 at LSU.

QB’s would hardly ever win the Heisman without great offensive players around them.
Hes got great wrs not , hell all he does is throw the dam ball up in the air. Dont know the name ,but 17 was balling last night for clemson. Ohio state shut the run game down and put it all in his hands and he folded 100 percent cost them that game if that would have been a qb for our team yall would eat our own alive and
Actually , he was short on receivers this year. The only receivers who were consistently healthy were Amari and the fifth year Powell kid. Ross out for the season. And the other freshmen five and four stars they had missed 3/4 of the season. Going into the playoffs , he still had the highest qb rating of his storied career.
Who was number 17 wr

Which part of his game will not work in the NFL ? I will hang up and listen.

He/Him, the way he plays, how he handles pressures, reading NFL defenses vs bullshit ACC defenses, being hit by real ball players vs never getting touched, his toughness. He is NO Deshaun Watson by any stretch. He'll be average at best but doubt that. Please screenshot all of this for me and pull it out when he Ryan Leafs or Jamarcus Russells on a team or two. Not sure if you hung up or not but hope you listened.

• Haha
He/Him, the way he plays, how he handles pressures, reading NFL defenses vs bullshit ACC defenses, being hit by real ball players vs never getting touched, his toughness. He is NO Deshaun Watson by any stretch. He'll be average at best but doubt that. Please screenshot all of this for me and pull it out when he Ryan Leafs or Jamarcus Russells on a team or two. Not sure if you hung up or not but hope you listened.
Great comparisons, can he even be as good as Cam Newton, I'm with you

Hes got great wrs not , hell all he does is throw the dam ball up in the air. Dont know the name ,but 17 was balling last night for clemson. Ohio state shut the run game down and put it all in his hands and he folded 100 percent cost them that game if that would have been a qb for our team yall would eat our own alive and

Who was number 17 wr
I think you are talking about Powell . He is a fourth or fifth year senior who was mostly third string his entire career. Clemson got beat in all phases of the game , but their running game has been shut down most of the year, ranked in the bottom third of the conference, if I am not mistaken.

I was just told I might be a great fan and lost a ton of credibility, what's up are they they many gamecock trevor Lawrence fan boys, trolls , muschamp lovers. Is this the state up our program fans. I just pointed like you hes not a number one qb to me and all these gamecock fans got their feelings hurt
You are the one who sounds like a troll. I am stupid for falling for it. Shame on me.

NFL teams and scouts care far more about measurables than performance in certain games. They are drooling over Lawrence. He's a fantastic college QB. I'm not sure I really see him doing all the well in the NFL, but they can't wait to get their hands on him.

Reactions: gearnold
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT