ADVERTISEMENT

Did last nights game hurt lawrences draft status

gearnold

Gold Member
Aug 11, 2012
A defense that young rattling him that bad. These NFL teams will feast on him. I dont even think he will go number one. I see fields gaining more traction for the number one spot. The days of drafting a 6 ft 6 qb just

Uh no.

One game being coordinated by a head coach with no coordinating experience will not scare off the NFL.

Reactions: gearnold
A defense that young rattling him that bad. These NFL teams will feast on him. I dont even think he will go number one. I see fields gaining more traction for the number one spot. The days of drafting a 6 ft 6 qb just
One things for sure. It didn’t help and he wasn’t the best QB last night. His fumbling tendencies are problematic.

lol you don't think he will go number 1? Want to make a wager on that?

Reactions: michaelgpierce21
He will still go number 1. He has all of the skills to be successful, but the few games he has been pressured or the game was on him, he seems to fade a little. Where Watson lacked some of the raw skill, the spotlight never seemed to effect him.

Reactions: DrMickey
Would be wild if he wins the Heisman. I understand the votes were already in??
He threw a pick on his last attempt.

Reactions: VINTAGE_1
I don't think it hurt his draft status but I wouldn't be surprised if it hurt his Heisman chance. He fumbled 3 times (lost one) and threw an interception. Also had negative yardage in rushing due to his sacks. Kind of shows how he plays when crowded and rushed.

I don't think it hurt his draft status but I wouldn't be surprised if it hurt his Heisman chance. He fumbled 3 times (lost one) and threw an interception. Also had negative yardage in rushing due to his sacks. Kind of shows how he plays when crowded and rushed.
Heisman voting was already done before the game. No effect one way or the other unless Democrats are counting the votes.

If meyer goes to Jacksonville, you never know

ok "if" Urban goes to Jacksonville, you want to wager on it? Unless Lawrence says something racist/ or some kind of life altering injury before the draft, he is going #1.

ok "if" Urban goes to Jacksonville, you want to wager on it? Unless Lawrence says something racist/ or some kind of life altering injury before the draft, he is going #1.
He was up in the stands last night doing some scouting. See how they do at the combine. 3 fumbles an interception. The kid doesnt do good with small pressure when Fields made plays with his legs and was throwing his wrs open. Lawrence cost his team the game over and over. One mistake fields made in the endzone. That game could've been alot worse

He was up in the stands last night doing some scouting. See how they do at the combine. 3 fumbles an interception. The kid doesnt do good with small pressure when Fields made plays with his legs and was throwing his wrs open. Lawrence cost his team the game over and over. One mistake fields made in the endzone. That game could've been alot worse

You're thinking too much with your heart. I don't care who is drafted number 1 in the NFL draft, but it will be Lawrence. He would have went number one last year, and maybe even number 1 last year. They are not just drafting on what he did this year or at Clemson, they are drafting on skill set and potential.

No. Didnt hurt him a bit. Wasn't his fault that the defense couldn't stop a cold. Wasn't his fault that Clemson had no running game and were rendered one dimensional early in the game. Then add to the fact that Clemson’s offensive line couldn't keep OSU off of him and games like he had will happen. Didnt cost him a penny

Last edited:
From the little I watched he was running for his life because his online couldn’t block

Reactions: USCLaw85
This was a useless thread. If I am Jacksonville, I am more worried that he melts down when he is getting beat. Not the guy that can lead a team back.

No, Trumpsters don't turn it into a political thread. Someone else does that and we just defend ourselves.
Freddie, did you happen to read the comment before mine. C'mon.

I have been called a RINO plenty of times lately, but I am not a Democrat....and at least in this thread what you are stating simply is not true.

I think he goes number one, but his stats aren’t as good as Jones at Bama or Trask at UF in 2020. Lawrence is a better runner than either one of them.

Reactions: USCLaw85
I don’t think it hurt him but it may have opened a few eyes. He is talented for sure but the fumbling would be a concern. He won’t have the best line if he goes to Jacksonville.

I don’t think Urban takes him if it comes to that. An overlooked component of TL’s success has been his receivers.

I don’t think he’s that great; Fields has a much higher ceiling to my eye.

Fwiw, I don’t think Seventh Woods is that great either, but that’s another story.

Speaking of TL fumbling, did you hear Herbstreit and Fowler trying to say that wasn't a fumble?
No I never listen to audio on ESPN and that’s why. Just a bunch of liberals telling you what you saw wasn’t real but a mirage of your lying subconscious. ESPN should offer subscriptions for video only at half price.

lol

I think he goes number one, but his stats aren’t as good as Jones at Bama or Trask at UF in 2020. Lawrence is a better runner than either one of them.
Imagine how astronomical his stats would be if he didnt miss two games this year to covid and had played into the fourth quarter in a few others .

That was small pressure ? lol

I don’t think Urban takes him if it comes to that. An overlooked component of TL’s success has been his receivers.

I don’t think he’s that great; Fields has a much higher ceiling to my eye.

Fwiw, I don’t think Seventh Woods is that great either, but that’s another story.
Actually , he was short on receivers this year. The only receivers who were consistently healthy were Amari and the fifth year Powell kid. Ross out for the season. And the other freshmen five and four stars they had missed 3/4 of the season. Going into the playoffs , he still had the highest qb rating of his storied career.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT