ADVERTISEMENT

Did Napier turn us down?

robertfootball

GarnetTrust.com Member/Supporter
Gold Member
Sep 29, 2006
SC
Thought he was the favorite? What’s going on there? Seems like his name isn’t coming up anymore and it’s all Beamer.

We are about halfway through the process. I think in the end Napier is the guy. Beamer is the fallback candidate. I’d be surprised if it wasn’t one of those two. This is based on some inside info...wait...not it’s not. This is based on absolutely no inside info at all. Just a hunch of what’s going on. Feel like we’ll know our coach 2 weeks from today.

We are about halfway through the process. I think in the end Napier is the guy. Beamer is the fallback candidate. I’d be surprised if it wasn’t one of those two. This is based on some inside info...wait...not it’s not. This is based on absolutely no inside info at all. Just a hunch of what’s going on. Feel like we’ll know our coach 2 weeks from today.
Hope you are right

Talk is Napier has been scared off like Herman, thinking it's to big of a rebuild. He is still my number 1, but I am fine with Beamer or Chadwell.

Thought he was the favorite? What’s going on there? Seems like his name isn’t coming up anymore and it’s all Beamer.
There was one rumor, unsure the original source, that said something like he said he was waiting for a better job or something? *Edit- sorry, it was the above rumor about him being “scared off by the big rebuild!”Freeze is the one “waiting on a better offer”...* I saw one other person here whose rock solid source was something to the effect of “I have it on good authority that he is not interested”... Or something comparably vague.

Everything I count as reliable I have heard is that he is very interested, even turned down some opps last year in anticipation he might get this job...

I firmly believe he is our top candidate and he is very interested but movement on that front slowed when he got covid.

Talk is Napier has been scared off like Herman, thinking it's to big of a rebuild. He is still my number 1, but I am fine with Beamer or Chadwell.
How could anyone be surprised by the level of rebuild? We were 4-8 last year and projected at 3 wins this season. I still think there is some decent talent that just needs coaching but if Tanner has really let the program get so bad that multiple times coaches have said no thanks it’s too far down to turn around he needs to step up and resign.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
FWIW.....Napier was born in Cookeville,TN.Same as former SC coach JimCarlin.Tennessee doesn’t produce a large number of outstanding football players,but the coaches that come out of TN are well accomplished and numerous.

Reactions: andypants
FWIW.....Napier was born in Cookeville,TN.Same as former SC coach JimCarlin.Tennessee doesn’t produce a large number of outstanding football players,but the coaches that come out of TN are well accomplished and numerous.
This dude is on that list also

bfFbwWBy_400x400.jpg

Anyone else get the feeling we may be getting used to give other coaches pay raises?
That is certainly possible, but none of the guys we are looking at are at programs that can give them raises anywhere near what we will probably pay our next coach. Between Napier, Freeze, Beamer, and Chadwell, if they aren't interested in our job, it's likely because they think a better job offer is coming down the pike. If Napier, Chadwell, and Freeze are at their current schools next year, they run the risk of their stock dropping significantly. They are all one 6-6 season away from looking a lot less hotter than they look now.

The more I see with Beamer, the more impressed I am.
In what way?
In a football people way. A military vet can usually tell another military vet; same way with football. Its been my perception that football people are drawn to Beamer, and non-football people maybe not so much.

Fwiw, I did not get that vibe from coach Muschamp from the get-go; I was drawn to his apparent sideline presence (which we did not get for whatever reason) and his recruiting reputation (which we also didn't get), but I did not sense the "football" in him.

A football coach inspires, challenges, encourages, teaches tools for handling adversity, and rebuilds a person by tearing him down and raising him from the ground up. You can see it in his eyes and you can hear it in his voice; you will literally run over your mother to get on the football field. Shane Beamer has that, I've seen it, and apparently so has Silver Coconut. Maybe Napier and and Chadwell do as well, haven't seen as much of them, but Shane Beamer dang sure does.

Reactions: jerryusc

There was a rumor that maybe he wanted more money than maybe Ray had in mind, i don’t know if that is total $ commitment for staff, etc. or if that was for just him or if that is even true at all. I do wonder if there is the hope by the admin they can start out lower and build over 5 years.

There a rumor that the coach who takes the job will wait til after the season. Just a internet rumor.

A football coach inspires, challenges, encourages, teaches tools for handling adversity, and rebuilds a person by tearing him down and raising him from the ground up. You can see it in his eyes and you can hear it in his voice; you will literally run over your mother to get on the football field. Shane Beamer has that, I've seen it, and apparently so has Silver Coconut. Maybe Napier and and Chadwell do as well, haven't seen as much of them, but Shane Beamer dang sure does.
What we do know about Napier and Chadwell is that they have the coaching and recruiting chops to go from position coaches to Coordinators to Head Coaches. We do not know that Beamer has the chops to jump from position coach, bypassing Coordinator, and straight to Head Coach. But for those wanting Beamer, I predict you will get your wish and Beamer will get the job.

Napier got endorsement from Tommy Bowden, most of our ex-players, who played for and looked in the eye of Shane Beamer endorse him. So who would you prefer? For me, I go with the pick of Marcus Lattimore and Swearinger. Go cocks!

Or he is slow playing us to see if the LSU job will come open. He's probably been contacted.

Ed O won a natty 10 months ago......I doubt he's on the hot seat and going somewhere this year or next. He'll be waiting a long time if he's waiting on LSU

Reactions: jeff2001
There a rumor that the coach who takes the job will wait til after the season. Just a internet rumor.
Yea, I also heard a rumor that whoever takes the job will likely wear a garnet & black tie to the announcement. Just an internet rumor....you know.

Reactions: jeff2001
What we do know about Napier and Chadwell is that they have the coaching and recruiting chops to go from position coaches to Coordinators to Head Coaches.
There are a number of fellow musicians on here. Like music, chops are requisite but success/advancement in the majority of cases is due more to right place/right time.

I get the massive rebuild argument. It is a massive rebuild. A guy like Napier is on a roll and does not need to go to a losing program. He's better situated for a successful program that is struggling. In a sense, Beamer comes to us a question mark, and we definitely are more of question mark with an explanation mark. Perhaps we can ride it out together

Napier got endorsement from Tommy Bowden, most of our ex-players, who played for and looked in the eye of Shane Beamer endorse him. So who would you prefer? For me, I go with the pick of Marcus Lattimore and Swearinger. Go cocks!
It’s not that I would go ONLY by what ex-players recommend, but I would listen to them. I’m sure that if they felt Beamer was incompetent in any way, based on their experience, they would speak up an say so. As they might do if Whammy was a candidate.

They've got a massive scandal that threatens to wreck more then an just Ed O.

if this is true, not questioning btw, I can easily imagine the OBJ fiasco being a clever smoke screen.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT