ADVERTISEMENT

Did Napier turn us down?

This dude is on that list also

bfFbwWBy_400x400.jpg
How could I not mention SOS?
As is Sparky Woods.

In a football people way. A military vet can usually tell another military vet; same way with football. Its been my perception that football people are drawn to Beamer, and non-football people maybe not so much.

Fwiw, I did not get that vibe from coach Muschamp from the get-go; I was drawn to his apparent sideline presence (which we did not get for whatever reason) and his recruiting reputation (which we also didn't get), but I did not sense the "football" in him.

A football coach inspires, challenges, encourages, teaches tools for handling adversity, and rebuilds a person by tearing him down and raising him from the ground up. You can see it in his eyes and you can hear it in his voice; you will literally run over your mother to get on the football field. Shane Beamer has that, I've seen it, and apparently so has Silver Coconut. Maybe Napier and and Chadwell do as well, haven't seen as much of them, but Shane Beamer dang sure does.
Ya'll related?

Just wait you'll see.
I think you may have misinterpreted my post. Here is the post you quoted and your reply:

We are about halfway through the process. I think in the end Napier is the guy. Beamer is the fallback candidate. I’d be surprised if it wasn’t one of those two. This is based on some inside info...wait...not it’s not. This is based on absolutely no inside info at all. Just a hunch of what’s going on. Feel like we’ll know our coach 2 weeks from today.
Hope you are right
Why would you "hope" he's right when one of the things he said was, "Feel like we'll know our coach 2 weeks from today." I'm assuming you were agreeing with the part that came before that statement, but I don't want to assume.

That is certainly possible, but none of the guys we are looking at are at programs that can give them raises anywhere near what we will probably pay our next coach. Between Napier, Freeze, Beamer, and Chadwell, if they aren't interested in our job, it's likely because they think a better job offer is coming down the pike. If Napier, Chadwell, and Freeze are at their current schools next year, they run the risk of their stock dropping significantly. They are all one 6-6 season away from looking a lot less hotter than they look now.

The above, plus Pruitt could turn things around at UT next year and the Vols job will not be open. Same could be said about Auburn. The only other job that may be open next year off the top of my head, in the SEC is Vandy. Of course coaching jobs could be open in the a she she and other conferences.

What? Lol. His father, a "legendary coach", still only won the ACC 4 times in 28 years. The son has exactly zero accomplishments in any area of responsibility. Just how easily are you impressed?

I’m NOT a Beamer supporter at all. But to be fair to his father, Frank Beamer won the ACC 4 times in 12 seasons. They joined the ACC in 2004 and he retired in 2015.

Do you have any evidence to prove that he thinks it's too big of a rebuild?

This is the same loser fanbase mentality that's been prevalent here forever.

Go Cocks!

You gotta laugh at the "we're not worthy" aspect of the fan base. Prior to WM, we had two of the most legendary coaches in history as our coach. I'd say we can compete.

Do you have any evidence to prove that he thinks it's too big of a rebuild?

This is the same loser fanbase mentality that's been prevalent here forever.

Go Cocks!
As I said talk is he said this, it was posted on the other site. I don’t agree that it is too big of a rebuild so no need to come and attach the post for sharing info.

You gotta laugh at the "we're not worthy" aspect of the fan base. Prior to WM, we had two of the most legendary coaches in history as our coach. I'd say we can compete.
It sure where y’all are getting this from, it’s not the fans making these statements.

As I said talk is he said this, it was posted on the other site. I don’t agree that it is too big of a rebuild so no need to come and attach the post for sharing info.
That's the trouble with keeping a coach another year when you know it's done.

I figured when muschamp got the foot he would leave reasonably good talent. Now it's looking like a total rebuild and a completely wasted recruiting class.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
FWIW.....Napier was born in Cookeville,TN.Same as former SC coach JimCarlin.Tennessee doesn’t produce a large number of outstanding football players, but the coaches that come out of TN are well accomplished and numerous.
I was at the High School state track meet and Carlen was the only that didn't illegally approach William Perry or any other athlete. However after Clemson did their illegal contact The Fridge yelled Coach Carlen lets go inside and talk. At that time athletes could initiate contact.

The more I see with Beamer, the more impressed I am.
Please explain what/why/how Beamer is attractive. I'm serious. I'm confused. Of all the names being vetted, he appears to me to be the weakest candidate. No track record at all, just rumors that he'd be a great recruiter (?) and "wants to be here"? Is that it? I've been watching USC screw up coaching searches for 40 years (except Spurrier), and can't stomach the thought of yet another disastrous hire.

Reactions: OldWiseCock
Please explain what/why/how Beamer is attractive. I'm serious. I'm confused. Of all the names being vetted, he appears to me to be the weakest candidate. No track record at all, just rumors that he'd be a great recruiter (?) and "wants to be here"? Is that it? I've been watching USC screw up coaching searches for 40 years (except Spurrier), and can't stomach the thought of yet another disastrous hire.

unfortunately, I feel the same way. No reason his name should be mentioned with any head coaching position. Maybe as special teams coordinator?

Ed O won a natty 10 months ago......I doubt he's on the hot seat and going somewhere this year or next. He'll be waiting a long time if he's waiting on LSU
With what is going on at LSU I wouldn’t be so sure. Sounds a lot like the Baylor thing and they fired everyone

Reactions: rogue cock
With what is going on at LSU I wouldn’t be so sure. Sounds a lot like the Baylor thing and they fired everyone

If true it just reinforces that many winners get there by cheating (Taters / Auburn / LSU / Ole Miss a few years ago / etc).

If true it just reinforces that many winners get there by cheating (Taters / Auburn / LSU / Ole Miss a few years ago / etc).
Agreed some places and people put winning above all and if true this is really sad to sweep a rape under the rug for winning really?

It's worse than cheating. The accusation is the school ignored repeated instances of rape and assault against women student athletes so they could play male student athletes, including a star on the football team. That's burn it to the water level stuff.

Reactions: rogue cock
He’s got IT.

I want Freeze. I think we should do everything in our power to get him but we will not because we are losers and will remain losers. Second choice should be Napier but I'm not confident with him.
What makes you confident in Freeze over Napier?

Call him names if you want to. He is the best coach ever at USC, and it isn't even close. If we could find another coach that wins 33 out of 36 games he can leave anyway he cares to. Then you can call him names too.
Exactly. As appreciative as I am that he through some miracle chose to be our coach, he came here for the entertainment, for the challenge; he never was a Gamecock, and that’s fine. Neither was Holtz. Both were entitled to leave on their own terms.

Exactly. As appreciative as I am that he through some miracle chose to be our coach, he came here for the entertainment, for the challenge; he never was a Gamecock, and that’s fine. Neither was Holtz. Both were entitled to leave on their own terms.
Right- not only did he leave on his own terms, he told us for years he would do exactly what he did when he felt he was no longer the be t man for the job! Then when he realized he was not doing the best he could he left, exactly like he said he would and a bunch of our fans went 😳😡???

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT