ADVERTISEMENT

Did we even offer Chris Rumph, the DE from Duke?

Yeah seems I remember Spurrier saying “Rumph who is that?” referring to the father and a usc coaching vacancy so I feel pretty certain we had no chance.

My recollection is that he had started trashing Carolina on the recruiting trail before the “who’s Rumph?” by Spurrier. Heard that so many times. Don’t know if true or the same “misinformation” repeated ad nauseum!!

My recollection is that he had started trashing Carolina on the recruiting trail before the “who’s Rumph?” by Spurrier. Heard that so many times. Don’t know if true or the same “misinformation” repeated ad nauseum!!

Don’t know the whole story but it’s possible Rumph did since he did coach at Florida.

I’m not sure what his issue is. I’m pretty sure he is from South Carolina, and I think he played here for fat bradstard. Has he also coached at Tennessee?

Do you know what went on? Honest question.

Well, he was coaching at Moo U., so I guess you could say Tater Tech was buttering just bread, so he reportedly slammed his Alma Mater on the recruiting trail. Supposedly he wanted to return to USC and coach the DL. When asked about this, Spurrier asked, “who’s Rumph”, or something like that.

Bad blood just kind of developed due to crap like this.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
Well, he was coaching at Moo U., so I guess you could say Tater Tech was buttering just bread, so he reportedly slammed his Alma Mater on the recruiting trail. Supposedly he wanted to return to USC and coach the DL. When asked about this, Spurrier asked, “who’s Rumph”, or something like that.

Wow. I didn’t know that. Thanks for the insight.

Worst part is that we should’ve hired him.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
A lot of bad blood between daddy Rumph & Carolina, if memory serves.
Had to be from a coaching perspective.He received the l
I’m not sure what his issue is. I’m pretty sure he is from South Carolina, and I think he played here for fat bradstard. Has he also coached at Tennessee?
Chris received the last scholarship one year under Sparky Woods,when some other recruit went elsewhere.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT